+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone, we got DM and just waiting for the interview appointment. I am just wondering, how long did you guys wait for an interview at IRCC ETOBICOKE and what are the documents that we should bring for the interview? Thanks
Hi there~it was two weeks after DM before we received interview request (see below).
We have to bring 2 photos (PA), both passports (PA and Sponsor) as well as proof of payment of right of permanent residency fee (we paid this at the beginning). You will get all the instructions in the email as well. :)

Reactions: beni1126

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hi everyone, we got DM and just waiting for the interview appointment. I am just wondering, how long did you guys wait for an interview at IRCC ETOBICOKE and what are the documents that we should bring for the interview? Thanks

i got DM on sponser side on 7th Nov, applicant side shows in process yet.....will get appointment from etobicoke...waiting.....applied on Nov 21,2017

beni1126

Jun 26, 2018
Hi there~it was two weeks after DM before we received interview request (see below).
We have to bring 2 photos (PA), both passports (PA and Sponsor) as well as proof of payment of right of permanent residency fee (we paid this at the beginning). You will get all the instructions in the email as well. :)

Oh I see. I think my husband will be the only one needing that photos as I am a Canadian citizen already. Its only been 10days so we will just wait then. Thank you so much

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Oh I see. I think my husband will be the only one needing that photos as I am a Canadian citizen already. Its only been 10days so we will just wait then. Thank you so much
Sponsor still needs to bring ID and proof of address (driver's license or something) :) Picture is only for sponsor (it is for their PR card).

beni1126

Jun 26, 2018
i got DM on sponser side on 7th Nov, applicant side shows in process yet.....will get appointment from etobicoke...waiting.....applied on Nov 21,2017
My husband got his DM on November 2nd. And now its just a matter of waiting. August 14, 2017 applicant

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
We are from Ottawa. Mailed package to Missisauga, Police Check and Medical requested from Missisauga, additional documents requested from Vancouver, SA and AIP from Vancouver, DM on ECAS for about a month, nothing else since. I called today, but could not wait that long to speak to someone, will be sending web form now and try to call again tomorrow.
I sent the web form yesterday and I received this today

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can certainly help you with this concern.

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry"

Very helpful right? lol I don't know what to do anymore. Some January applicants have already received their landing letters

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
I sent the web form yesterday and I received this today

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can certainly help you with this concern.

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry"

Very helpful right? lol I don't know what to do anymore. Some January applicants have already received their landing letters
I know, this is their automatic reply, I got the same thing. It will take them about 10 days to get back to us. Let me know when you get your response, I will do the same. On the main time, I will try to call them again, but have to do it on my work hours, it is very inconvenient, as waiting time is very long.
Thank You and good luck.

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
I know, this is their automatic reply, I got the same thing. It will take them about 10 days to get back to us. Let me know when you get your response, I will do the same. On the main time, I will try to call them again, but have to do it on my work hours, it is very inconvenient, as waiting time is very long.
Thank You and good luck.
I received the automated message yesterday that mentioned to expect a reply within 10 days but this message here is the actual respond that I received today. It might not take 10 days for them to answer you. That message is what you will probably get too. That's why I am disappointed. Anyway good luck to you too and I will keep you posted about any updates.