+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hi all,

To any individuals landed individuals landed last week of September or first week of October, have any of you receive your PR card yet?

I just checked the CIC website and I noticed the date is currently down to 47.. really hoping this card will come soon so we can travel!

My wife landing August 21st , still no card called two week ago and told us to call back after 10 weeks ...... So we called yesterday they said it was returned due no unit number on address. It really doesn't make sense as we have received other letter from them in the passed, now we've been told it will take six more week to arrive in the mail..... Now immigration Canada has made our stress level go throw the roof again as we have booked plane to visit family for Xmas if the card doesn't come in time we will have to cancel the flights. Immigration Canada makes this one of the most stressful things to do in life

Reactions: dml717

dml717

Jun 10, 2018
My wife landing August 21st , still no card called two week ago and told us to call back after 10 weeks ...... So we called yesterday they said it was returned due no unit number on address. It really doesn't make sense as we have received other letter from them in the passed, now we've been told it will take six more week to arrive in the mail..... Now immigration Canada has made our stress level go throw the roof again as we have booked plane to visit family for Xmas if the card doesn't come in time we will have to cancel the flights. Immigration Canada makes this one of the most stressful things to do in life
I am sorry to hear that.. I am glad that my wife and I live in a regular home with just the normal street number and that is it.. I hope you will get the card soon.

Likewise we really hope to return home to visit family for Christmas and new year, but now it seems like everything is just pushed back because we can't figure out when exactly the card will arrive. Hopefully this new 47 days process time will make it easier for all of us.

Reactions: Angeles87mike77

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
This silence is killing man. I didn’t receive any info after 15 October . Pa side just saying in process . :( on the top Cbsa don’t want to deal with them anymore

Dennispham

Jan 26, 2017
Hi everyone. My application for spouse sponsorship received from Jan 26th. I went for medical exam on July 15th. Today, I check my account on CIC. It shows
Review of eligibility : on process
Medical : pass
Additional documents : reviewing
Background : processing and the rest is You/ We don't need.
Can anyone tell me what is the next step of the processing ( i heard somewhere it is not applicable one of those sections above )
How long will it takes to next step or landing paper? My study permit will expired next March.
thank eveyone

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi everyone. My application for spouse sponsorship received from Jan 26th. I went for medical exam on July 15th. Today, I check my account on CIC. It shows
Review of eligibility : on process
Medical : pass
Additional documents : reviewing
Background : processing and the rest is You/ We don't need.
Can anyone tell me what is the next step of the processing ( i heard somewhere it is not applicable one of those sections above )
How long will it takes to next step or landing paper? My study permit will expired next March.
thank eveyone
now the processing time is 10 months , so you should be quick , and don't worry about your study permit .

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
you think i am gonna get PR before my study permit expired?? Can you tell me the next step of processing? thank you
Your next step is waiting for AIP and SA , then DM and landing . Some of Jan applicants are receiving AIP/SA/DM , maybe next few days you will get good news.

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
Is there anyone other than me that applied on or before November 9th and still did not get the landing appointment letter?