+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Minhdtran

Sep 27, 2018
November application here too. Just received Sponsor met eligibility requirements and Applicant meet eligibility requirements to apply for PR (I think this is SA and PA). Medical done and passed since Sep 19. Does it mean my application almost done and waiting for Decision Made and Landing Interview?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thank you. Hopefully I receive sth soon. I dont have any AIP or SA or receive anything yet. Just ECAS changed to DM both side

Applicant Nov 07
Not everyone gets the letters we got the pre arrival letter which we shouldn't have because we are inland and didn't get a decision made letter but got the landing letter. If you don't hear fairly soon, I would call and say you haven't received any of the letters and are worried about the landing appointment.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
How long those it take for inland sponsorship my husband got a letter from june say he's eligible to sponsor me and a family member but still as not got a letter for me
The current processing time is 12 months on the website however a lot are going through around 11. If you have gone past the 12 months you can inquire through the webform or contact your MP for assistance on your behalf.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
November application here too. Just received Sponsor met eligibility requirements and Applicant meet eligibility requirements to apply for PR (I think this is SA and PA). Medical done and passed since Sep 19. Does it mean my application almost done and waiting for Decision Made and Landing Interview?
Yes those are the next steps and for most people come shortly after, however not always ( ours was delayed so I know first hand )

Reactions: Minhdtran

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
We went and got hubby a nice haircut and then PR photos for the landing appointment :) was a happy day :)

joellau91

Jun 2, 2018
Vancouver, BC
How was the process once in the office? what did they ask you? how long did it take?
Arrived 15 mins before the scheduled interview time. Gave them the paper with the scheduled interview, didn't wait too long, there wasn't too many people. When it was my turn it took about 10 to 15 minutes from start to finish. Was very straight forward, confirming the name, address and contact information. Ask very simple questions like have you committed any crimes, have you been asked to leave the country etc.

Reactions: stke4130