AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Omg wow just seen on ecas decision made on both sides !!! I hope this is the end and it's good news !!!
100% sure it's good news.
Yes with the AIP letter, the PA can register for health coverage. In most provinces, there will be a 3 months period from registration until the coverage starts.
Driving licence is unrelated... You can get before AIP or DM or PR. But once a PR, you normally have 6 months maximum to convert your foreign driving licence to the one of your province of residence.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I think it depends on the province for medical, but after AIP it usually moves fast to landing within weeks for most. As you know he can now apply for a work permit but quite possibly he will land well before that would be processed.

Just be careful with that (AIP) ... thought that was the case for us, and it clearly wasn't. We are stuck at this point currently
However this is the norm we are not.

Reactions: Oldmacwright

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Just be careful with that (AIP) ... thought that was the case for us, and it clearly wasn't. We are stuck at this point currently
However this is the norm we are not.
For sure, if you can afford to spend the $255 for the OWP I would do so after getting AIP, just in case you are one of the unlucky ones that get stuck at that stage for months, and I guess IRCC will refund the OWP fees if you land before it's processed?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Well for them,it is like they are the owner ! Can make us wait .. !!! I mean even if they do some sort of communication in regards to the progress it would be great !! Atleast we wouldnt be just wondering and shooting in the air about what is happening !!! When you call them you can't get through to any. And if you are lucky and get a hold of someone ... majority times its no help ... pretty much just repeat to us the status you would find on mycic account !!! Ahhh,.. this makes me so mad ! But what can you do !!! Gotta suck it up and just give a patience test !!! :(
No they aren't the owners of Canada and if they have that attitude they should not be in this job, and if they are thinking like that then I also own an equal share as I am a several generation Canadian so I should be treated as such. (sounds ridiculous right?) However I should and do have the right to have my husband safely with me in a timely fashion. (as we all do) I as a human wouldn't treat other humans like they are right now, peoples lives are being effected by their lack of urgency and poor attitude towards doing a proper job. Yes there should be proper communication and a 'heads up' to what might be a snag in the system. It should be a first in first out, there should also be accountability for not meeting the service level agreements, and perhaps fast tracking the ones that have slipped through the cracks for some reason. We should be able to ask why the delay, what's happening now, and how did this happen. Seeing 'in process' for months on end isn't exactly helpful and finding out at the Decision process that was late in the first place they wanted some other item not in the guidebook is unacceptable ! They have 12 months, which seems extreme as it is, to figure this all out that is more then enough time for sending extra unknown documents to them

Reactions: Leogirl22

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
For sure, if you can afford to spend the $255 for the OWP I would do so after getting AIP, just in case you are one of the unlucky ones that get stuck at that stage for months, and I guess IRCC will refund the OWP fees if you land before it's processed?
Oh yeah forsure applied for that .. my husband was under implied status when we applied so the permit was on hold till AIP so hoping to see that soon been a long 11 months since work

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Not sure what will happen