Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Update on AIP and SA:
02 Nov 2017 Applicant, Toronto
Received SA(email) and AIP(CIC account) today from Vancouver Office, 12 September 2018
Best luck for everyone and I hope you get yours soon.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
But most applicants can work or study while waiting for the PR to come. Only people that were out of status when they applied are in a more precarious situation as they really cannot do anything until AIP.

But, you know, I do understand the feeling. When we applied, the processing time was 26 months and at that time, the processing time for AIP (which was also published by CIC at that time) was 16 months. Then the government announced that they would target to process 80% of new applications in 12 months (which they did) saying that about 20% of application are more complex to process and could take longer. Then people that applied few months after us started to land in 14-16 months. We reached 19 months with no news... Then suddenly, SA and AIP separated by few minutes, DM the next day. Landing was about 10 weeks later. My wife was on a study permit here, so she could keep studying during the process, but being in Quebec city and not speaking French... it's not easy. Until she got AIP, she was not eligible to get French class for immigrants, she was not eligible to get the RAMQ (Quebec health insurance plan),... So I do understand frustrations that come with those delay despite having what I considered a very straightforward application. But in the end, my wife was here with me for the whole process, she could have a quite normal life, this process was testing our patience, but again in the end, it was only a matter of time. And my best advice, don't waste your mood and energy on this process. Keep enjoying your everyday life, that's far more important.

Our application is straight forward and he comes from a highly cooperative country and no we can't live a normal life. We can't visit his family we can't take our family on a holiday, we can't sort out the stuff left behind in his country. He can't help his father with his mom's estate. We can't travel as a couple. We are stuck... I can leave and I have had to a couple of times but it's not normal or ideal !
There is no reason to go past 12 months in our case at all other than it's their fault, and that isn't ok for me nor is it ok for anyone. If we all say oh well lets just wait then nothing changes.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Our application is straight forward and he comes from a highly cooperative country and no we can't live a normal life. We can't visit his family we can't take our family on a holiday, we can't sort out the stuff left behind in his country. He can't help his father with his mom's estate. We can't travel as a couple. We are stuck... I can leave and I have had to a couple of times but it's not normal or ideal !
There is no reason to go past 12 months in our case at all other than it's their fault, and that isn't ok for me nor is it ok for anyone. If we all say oh well lets just wait then nothing changes.
Does the applicant has a legal status?
The reason why some of us have had our application transferred for further assessment is based on eligibility. Being out of status.

They are really being mean on us. Am a June 14, 2017 applicant, and got SA and letter of transfer to local office for further assessment since May 31st, 2018.

The sad part is , they didn’t approve work permit on the grounds that we will have to wait for AIP. And they are willingly holding back the AIP, regardless of the fact that everything, including security, criminality, medical is done and completed.

They are just being wicked, because we can’t simply live a normal life. Homes are breaking apart on little issues, we can’t simply do little things aright as a family.

I involved my MP, even the IRCC agent I spoke with some months ago, did send a follow up email to the officer based on the account of completion on the application, to expediate decision making on the application. But, When I called back after 30 days to the IRCC office, another agent told me that the officer acknowledged the follow up email, but didn’t do anything.

I think they have just decided to keep us in limbo on the reasons of illegality- out of status I mean. Though some applications are transferred on the basis of inadmissiblity.

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Does the applicant has a legal status?
The reason why some of us have had our application transferred for further assessment is based on eligibility. Being out of status.

They are really being mean on us. Am a June 14, 2017 applicant, and got SA and letter of transfer to local office for further assessment since May 31st, 2018.

The sad part is , they didn’t approve work permit on the grounds that we will have to wait for AIP. And they are willingly holding back the AIP, regardless of the fact that everything, including security, criminality, medical is done and completed.

They are just being wicked, because we can’t simply live a normal life. Homes are breaking apart on little issues, we can’t simply do little things aright as a family.

I involved my MP, even the IRCC agent I spoke with some months ago, did send a follow up email to the officer based on the account of completion on the application, to expediate decision making on the application. But, When I called back after 30 days to the IRCC office, another agent told me that the officer acknowledged the follow up email, but didn’t do anything.

I think they have just decided to keep us in limbo on the reasons of illegality- out of status I mean. Though some applications are transferred on the basis of inadmissiblity.
Hey i have seen one person who was out of status and work legally in canada, his name is @jeet07. Ask him might he will give you some advice how can you get work permit!

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hey i have seen one person who was out of status and work legally in canada, his name is @jeet07. Ask him might he will give you some advice how can you get work permit!
He was probably dealing with CBSA.
And was able to get a PRRA approved and got a work permit as a result.

Some of us are not dealing with CBSA yet.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Oh yeah, he said something about it! Can’t you apply for PRRA without even dealing with CBSA ?

You wouldn’t want to wake a sleeping lion .

They - CBSA, have not seen me worthy of excursion order. And it will be the most complicated foolishness for me to introduce myself to them as someone they should be troubling.

Pre removal risk assessment can only be submitted if you have been asked to leave the country. Until then, I will keep my peace.

It’s like a plantain... if I can have it raw, why burn it frying”.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
You wouldn’t want to wake a sleeping lion .

They - CBSA, have not seen me worthy of excursion order. And it will be the most complicated foolishness for me to introduce myself to them as someone they should be troubling.

If I Missed my status based on a foolish miscalculation and misinformation, I shouldn’t be inviting excursion order on myself based on same foolishness.

I think they consider how long one have lived in the country without status too, before giving you a chase for a run.

Pre removal risk assessment can only be submitted if you have been asked to leave the country. Until then, I will keep my peace.

It’s like a plantain... if I can have it raw, why burn it frying”.

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Are all or majority applications with out of status issue are being transferred for further assessment??? Makes me worry now !! :(

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Are all or majority applications with out of status issue are being transferred for further assessment??? Makes me worry now !! :(
Not all, only those which the officers think the sponsorship application is deemed as or under a marriage of convenience. Most of the time, they consider the situation leading to your sponsorship application, especially when you were previously refused an application like a refugee claimants , denied a study visa, or restoration of status, within the period of assumed illegality. They will transfer those for further assessment for sure!

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Not all, only those which the officers think the sponsorship application is deemed as or under a marriage of convenience. Most of the time, they consider the situation leading to your sponsorship application, especially when you were previously refused an application like a refugee claimants , denied a study visa, or restoration of status, within the period of assumed illegality. They will transfer those for further assessment for sure!
Do you have an idea on what they do when they transfer an application for further assessment? What are the steps?

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
I was in the same situation like you before, when i applied for inland spousal last Sep 28, I don't have a valid passport. I can't renew my passport for I was out of status. Since they need a valid passport, I went to renew it. I brought it with me the emails sent by cic, my old passport, and valid id, though I don't have valid id, for being out of status it's hard to obtain an id. I have to sign an affidavit , explaining why I need to have my passport renew and that I'm still a citizen of my country. And they accepted it.
Try to contact your embassy,

Reactions: jeet07

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Do you have an idea on what they do when they transfer an application for further assessment? What are the steps?
All they do is to waste the applicants time(patience test) by regarding their applications as the 20% that must exceed the official processing timeline, while they meet up with the other 80% within the 12 months frame.

In fact, they just keep them aside indirectly through transfers from one place to another, to be called upon in a future date. Some at the 14th, 15th or 16th month, some at the 18month or more.

Meanwhile, when they call up the applications for further processing, they may ask for additional documents( thesame way they asked for additional documents from other applicants that were approved within the 12 months),

- call for clarifications( they same way they called for clarifications for other applicants they had approved within 12 months,

schedule a relationship interview to get Landing letters same day.

or just go ahead to DMs and send Landing interview letters.

You know they would always want to justify the time wasted. Any application that is a, or almost a NO NO for them, would have received a procedural fairness letter or something similar before the 12 months, or on the same day they are considering the application for further assessment.

In reality, the penalty for being out of status is the time wasted in the process of the transfers for further assessment.

Twinks12

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
All they do is to waste the applicants time(patience test) by regarding their applications as the 20% that must exceed the official processing timeline, while they meet up with the other 80% within the 12 months frame.

In fact, they just keep them aside indirectly through transfers from one place to another, to be called upon in a future date. Some at the 14th, 15th or 16th month, some at the 18month or more.

Meanwhile, when they call up the applications for further processing, they may ask for additional documents( thesame way they asked for additional documents from other applicants that were approved within the 12 months),

- call for clarifications( they same way they called for clarifications for other applicants they had approved within 12 months,

schedule a relationship interview to get Landing letters same day.

or just go ahead to DMs and send Landing interview letters.

You know they would always want to justify the time wasted. Any application that is a, or almost a NO NO for them, would have received a procedural fairness letter or something similar before the 12 months, or on the same day they are considering the application for further assessment.

In reality, the penalty for being out of status is the time wasted in the process of the transfers for further assessment.

Twinks12

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Good explanation amd somehow you have relieved my heart.am in the same sitiluation file transfered in June 28 havent heard from them since.when i call the they say i dont need interview they are still reviewing my eligibility.They havent requested for more documnts because i had done it aready.This stress is killing us!!!!