+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hello all,

I got SA yesterday on my email (I am the sponsor). Got AIP two days ago and fingerprints request which we completed yesterday. Now, I really dont know how long would it take to RCMP to send the background check and fingerprints to Mississauga but after that I believe we will be almost done. It is just a matter of keep waiting I guess.

App received - October 5 2017
AOR - December 4 2017
Medical passed up front (my "wife" ...actually common law... got them done for study permit a year before)
PCC request - January 4 2018 (we only sent the ones from our original country, Peru)
(big long silence for a while)
AIP - September 4 2018 (In progress on applicant side at ECAS)
SA - September 5 2018 (DM on sponsor side at ECAS)
Fingerprints requested for canadian background check - September 4 2018 (already got them at RCMP)

Cheers guys! :)

Ps1. all documents came from Missisauga.. We are based in British Columbia
Ps2. I applied for citizenship in March 2018 and will be getting it (fingers crossed if I passed the exam) next week..

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
How do you know her application was transferred to CIC Ottawa? Did the email mention that transferred for further assessment?[/QUOTE
it’s a message on her mycic account telling her application was transferred to cic ottawa for further assessment and that they may contact her for further information/ interview or may give the final decision on the application.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
my wife’s application (inland october 31) was transferred to CIC Ottawa today. any idea guys if that would speed up the process or delay it in a way? i’m already approved for the sponsorship last august 24.
Did you wife already received AIP?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
OMG they called and spoke to my husband just now ! Now I'm more nervous
Expect AIP soon after. They probably needed to confirm a few things before issuing AIP.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Did you wife already received AIP?
nope. only the sponsorship is approved as of august 24. PR side is still in process (ecas). then today received a letter thru mycic telling application is transferred to cic ottawa for further processing.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
OMG they called and spoke to my husband just now ! Now I'm more nervous
was it a private number? my wife didn’t answer a private number earlier this week as she never answers calls from private numbers. i got a feeling it’s cic. now her application is transferred to cic ottawa. lol

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
nope. only the sponsorship is approved as of august 24. PR side is still in process (ecas). then today received a letter thru mycic telling application is transferred to cic ottawa for further processing.
Don't stress, but that likely means they have doubts about something. The local office will likely contact the PA. That could be simply over the phone or you could both be called for an interview. People in a genuine relationship should not fear this at all.

Reactions: david_gat88

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Don't stress, but that likely means they have doubts about something. The local office will likely contact the PA. That could be simply over the phone or you could both be called for an interview. People in a genuine relationship should not fear this at all.
oh okay. maybe because we got married in september then applied right away the next month. but we’ve been in a relationship for 2 years prior to marriage. and we have more proofs if in case they will ask more so we’ll just wait and see. thanks.

Wilma0427

Feb 5, 2018
Hi all I am a little bit stressed out,

I applied for PR inland in Sept, 2017 while I was studying in Canada. My study permit expires Sept 30th, 2018 and I didn't want to extend it because I was expecting my PR to be approved earlier than that. I received SA and DM on sponsor side two weeks ago and nothing else.

To make things worse, I received a part-time job offer from my school and they request me to provide either a study permit which should be valid until Dec 2018, or my PR visa by the end of this month. I applied to student visa extension yesterday and it doesn't seem that cic can approve it before Sept 30. I am also not optimistic about getting my PR seeing people waiting for weeks to get the landing interview letter.

Is there any way to speed up my applications? Either the PR or the study visa extension? I really want to get that job...

ps: It's my fault that I didn't apply for open work permit because I truly trusted the 12-month time frame. Should I apply to open work permit now as well, just to give it a try..?

Thanks for any advice!!

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi all I am a little bit stressed out,

I applied for PR inland in Sept, 2017 while I was studying in Canada. My study permit expires Sept 30th, 2018 and I didn't want to extend it because I was expecting my PR to be approved earlier than that. I received SA and DM on sponsor side two weeks ago and nothing else.

To make things worse, I received a part-time job offer from my school and they request me to provide either a study permit which should be valid until Dec 2018, or my PR visa by the end of this month. I applied to student visa extension yesterday and it doesn't seem that cic can approve it before Sept 30. I am also not optimistic about getting my PR seeing people waiting for weeks to get the landing interview letter.

Is there any way to speed up my applications? Either the PR or the study visa extension? I really want to get that job...

ps: It's my fault that I didn't apply for open work permit because I truly trusted the 12-month time frame. Should I apply to open work permit now as well, just to give it a try..?

Thanks for any advice!!
Since you applied for an extension of your study permit before expiry, you will be on implied status once your current permit expired. The conditions set on your study permit will continue until you get a decision from your application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Reactions: sylvain1

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
This is so sad I just call C I.C office and got a real good representative to talk to I told him my file was transferred for further assessment he check and told me eligibility has been approved But PA on my side is still in process, and then he said they normally take 14 MONTHS when a file is transfer , so i ask if it was from August 2017 when my application started , he said 14 Months counting from the time it reaches the local office. And mine was transfer June 6 2018... Anyone has file transfer and got landing early??