+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
This is so sad I just call C I.C office and got a real good representative to talk to I told him my file was transferred for further assessment he check and told me eligibility has been approved But PA on my side is still in process, and then he said they normally take 14 MONTHS when a file is transfer , so i ask if it was from August 2017 when my application started , he said 14 Months counting from the time it reaches the local office. And mine was transfer June 6 2018... Anyone has file transfer and got landing early??
Well, that's really shitty, mine got transferred to local office sometime in July and when I called they said "sorry but it probably take about a year" until everything is done! Patience works, does it anymore? Hahaha

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
I just received my interview letter today!

Sep 22/17 - app recevied
Nov 21/17 - AOR
Apr 12/18 - Medical Req
Apr 23/18 - Medical passed
Aug 30/18 - DM letter
Sep 06/18 - Interview request (scheduled on Sep 12th)
Congrats! What office is your interview? Did you ever get an AIP letter?

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Well, that's really shitty, mine got transferred to local office sometime in July and when I called they said "sorry but it probably take about a year" until everything is done! Patience works, does it anymore? Hahaha
Isn't it better to just say, FUCK you! And get it over with? Why hold it or put it on the side? If they're not satisfied with what we've submitted why not send an email and say it? Doesn't it make sense?

Reactions: Attak and Amsadek4u

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
Hey guys, just wanna update that I have completed my PR process with total waiting time of 10 months. I am October 2017 Applicant.

Good luck to everybody!

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Isn't it better to just say, FUCK you! And get it over with? Why hold it or put it on the side? If they're not satisfied with what we've submitted why not send an email and say it? Doesn't it make sense?
True is after it goes there I got DM on my spouses side, remember now I don't have a work permit the stupid lawyer mess up so I can't work it's frustrated plus I got my 18 year old son who graduated from high school here n suppose to continue on his Aviation course and he has to be home , they won't take him in college without identification, man this sucks!! I don't think I can sit here another year, it's not fair, what's the dam stupid rep doing??? Nothing but collect my money

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
was it a private number? my wife didn’t answer a private number earlier this week as she never answers calls from private numbers. i got a feeling it’s cic. now her application is transferred to cic ottawa. lol
Yes it came up on the call display as PRIVATE CALLER, was kind of odd to answer it for us too, but it went well we just got all the letters though to the lawyer about an hour ago

Reactions: Fowl

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I don't believe in an extra year of processing at all even though I truly believe an agent from cic call center might say that.
When it gets transferred to a local office before AIP it is usually that they are not satisfied with something, like whether you are in a genuine relationship or whether you are actually cohabiting. It won't take a year for the local office to take action like requesting more documents or phone interview or call the couple for a real in person interview.
I'm following this forum for a few years now and I've never heard of a story of someone taking a whole year more because the file got transferred to a local office for further assessment. That shouldn't take long, few weeks more maybe but not even a few months more.
Those applications taking really longer time are usually because of security checks which is much harder to do with some countries and which does not depend only on Canadian authorities. Assessing a relationship or cohabitation is much easier and cannot justify months of delay.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Did they just call on a unknown number ??
The call display said PRIVATE CALLER ( in all caps ) odd we answered but glad we did ! As our lawyer got three letters just after, just waiting on the landing time now !!!

Reactions: Fowl

ktlanlan

Nov 23, 2017
Congrats! What office is your interview? Did you ever get an AIP letter?
Thanks!! Etobicoke office. I did not get AIP letter, even my account still showing that they are currently viewing my eligibility. CIC sent the interview letter to my husband's email instead of mine...

Reactions: Danish1371

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thanks!! Etobicoke office. I did not get AIP letter, even my account still showing that they are currently viewing my eligibility. CIC sent the interview letter to my husband's email instead of mine...
We just got it all approved today ... literally an hour or so ago, nothing has changed on our account either

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I don't believe in an extra year of processing at all even though I truly believe an agent from cic call center might say that.
When it gets transferred to a local office before AIP it is usually that they are not satisfied with something, like whether you are in a genuine relationship or whether you are actually cohabiting. It won't take a year for the local office to take action like requesting more documents or phone interview or call the couple for a real in person interview.
I'm following this forum for a few years now and I've never heard of a story of someone taking a whole year more because the file got transferred to a local office for further assessment. That shouldn't take long, few weeks more maybe but not even a few months more.
Those applications taking really longer time are usually because of security checks which is much harder to do with some countries and which does not depend only on Canadian authorities. Assessing a relationship or cohabitation is much easier and cannot justify months of delay.
Thanks @sylvain1 you always have the right words!

TeaDrinkerYVR

Aug 27, 2018
*** Vancouver ***

Has anyone landed in the Vancouver office lately? Or waiting for landing?

I'm wondering about timelines from DM to landing interview. I know it can take several weeks to get the landing interview, but I'm hoping for some good news since other places (mostly Etobicoke) have been going very fast.

Oct 2 AOR and received AIP/SA/DM letters last week (Aug 27-31) from Mississauga.

Reactions: Hanh my