+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

chhm1215

Feb 5, 2018
AOR - March 7th, 2017 and still haven't received AIP.
Anyways, my wife's open work permit about to expire and we want to apply for an extension of the OWP.
Read somewhere on CIC website that applying for OWP can only be done by mail using a paper application and not online IF the PR application has not been approved in principle yet.
Not sure if this applies to OWP extensions though.

Anyone have experience with this?
its me. application received March 24, 2017. still waiting for approved. my last update was on March 05, 2018 for an additional document.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Guys can you help by saying to me the difference of background check and security check?

thanks... waiting for 14 months
Background and criminality checks refers normally to your story. Are you really a member of the family class, do you have criminal record (police certificate),...

Security checks are much deeper and are usually conducted by CSIS and their worldwide partners. Are you linked to a terrorist organization, are you link to a group trying to overthrow a government,... delays for these checks depends on how fast CSIS partners share information.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
We have almost the same time line .you are 14 september and i am 13 september . Are they processing your backround check in your GCkey.mine says : we are processing your backround check .
Did they start your review of eligibility?
Yes exactly the same, processing background check and they have not started my eligibility. is that the same for you?

Reactions: Layna

Layna

Jul 28, 2018
Yes exactly the same, processing background check and they have not started my eligibility. is that the same for you?
Yes the same for me .just one thing when i called IRCC they said my application was sent from mississuga to vancouver because mississuga is too busy .

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi Friends

I got Canadian Immigration in 2016, went there for 4 months and came back to get married. Couldn't go back to Canada due to some issues here in Pakistan. Now planning to go back soon.

I am now married and have a 6 month old daughter, Please advise how to apply for that. Spouse application also have Kids option or do I have to file a separate application for my daughter.

How much time it takes these days to get visa for family.

Regards

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Do you have an idea what further assessment they're doing? Do you already have SA, AIP at least? I was excited when I was seeing everyone getting their DM on time, now all I see is delays haha
No not sure what they're doing, I called C.I.C and inquired if it's normal and the agent said they do it sometimes so idk, No AIP no SÀ as yet only the letter that said it was sent to local office I do have a lawyer but they're useless I still have to do my calling as she never know anything but to collect the many thousand

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Yes the same for me .just one thing when i called IRCC they said my application was sent from mississuga to vancouver because mississuga is too busy .
Sounds good - I heard many applications have been transferred. I have not called IRCC, still within the timeframe of 12 months. although it is frustrating seeing October applications (congratulations to them) getting theirs, it's like they skipped September. keep in touch, we have the same timeline

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Sounds good - I heard many applications have been transferred. I have not called IRCC, still within the timeframe of 12 months. although it is frustrating seeing October applications (congratulations to them) getting theirs, it's like they skipped September. keep in touch, we have the same timeline
I think you should receive AIP and SA soon. My application was received on Sep 7 and I just got AIP and SA on Jul 27.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
No not sure what they're doing, I called C.I.C and inquired if it's normal and the agent said they do it sometimes so idk, No AIP no SÀ as yet only the letter that said it was sent to local office I do have a lawyer but they're useless I still have to do my calling as she never know anything but to collect the many thousand
We have SA on ECAS but not letter. Who knows how they work. Did you inquire your notes?

Kami123

Jul 13, 2018
I know on the login page it said something about "starting from the 31st of July if you're from certain countries you have to give biometrics when applying for visas etc". Infact it now says on the login page:

You need to give your biometrics
You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are from Europe, Middle East and Africa.

Find out who needs to give biometrics.

Not sure if means for people applying today and onwards or what though.
Thank you @Oldmacwright.
I did read that notification. Don't really understand what the purpose is of presenting this info on my GCKey details. Possibly its just ticking off one more box on the Background check.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
We sent application september 7th.

My partner got an email saying he was approved as a sponsor.

I logged into our online account and there is an update saying this:
"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met...

I'm guessing this isnt decision made but is still a good sign?

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met...

Congrats. It is AIP. May I ask which office sent you this letter, Mississauga or Vancouver?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017

Do your ECAS show decision made?