+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
I’m really sorry to hear that. I understand your frustration and I think I’d been feeling the same if in your situation. I don’t understand why they don’t update some applications or why they don’t give any details of what’s happening when the app is stuck.

I really wish you guys get your full approval and landing soon. Did you guys order your notes?
I don't know what "order your notes" is??

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
I don't know what "order your notes" is??
So, there is something called GCMS. That stands for Global Case Management System. It’s the system IRCC uses to process all applications. The officers take notes on what’s happening on your process, what are they working on(kinda) and you(your sponsor on your behalf cuz you have to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to order) can order those notes under the Access to Information and Privacy act. They are free but it takes some time to get them back.
I haven’t ordered but I’m pretty sure some people here have and there’s a thread about it too. Maybe you should try.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

Reactions: stke4130

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
I'm 15 months and counting. I lived in my home country, and another for 6 months before coming to Canada. DM for sponsor, and according to the MP we are consulting with, I have passed eligibility (is this AIP?) but it has not been updated in MYCIC or ECAS yet. the MP has passed on a lot of updates and info to us, but MYCIC does not reflect this or has been updated... I'm really at a loss and have basically given up caring as CIC just don't even bother replying to webforms or updating any of my accounts. It's great for others that are June and July 2017 applicants getting DM but it's also very frustrating for me to see this as I feel my application has just been cast aside and forgotten about. I can't contact them because they won't give me updates or answers, so I am not sure where I stand. It's a bit of a joke and very soul sucking. Rant over! Sorry...
Don't be sorry for ranting! One man's rant is another man's helpful information... Anyway, I totally feel for you - I am in essentially the same position, only waiting less time so far. I have a very strong feeling I will be going beyond 15 months, particularly because CIC so nicely decided to ask for my additional PCCs near the END of my 12 month schedule.

From what I know about the background check process, the amount of time it takes really depends on the other countries you've lived in or traveled to; some countries are very slow at replying to request for confirmation/info, in addition to the fact that the different agencies that take part in conducting the background check look very deeply into all of your activity, at home and abroad. There is a lot that factors into processing time when you've traveled or lived elsewhere.. I know my passport is full of visas and the amount of checking they need to do is probably making their heads spin!

The unfortunate thing is that CIC is so useless when asking for information, and even going through an MP or ordering GCMS doesn't seem to give you much detail about what exactly they are doing with your background check.

Maybe I'm wrong about all of this, but if anyone else who has traveled a lot or lived elsewhere has had a quick processing time - I'd like to hear from you!!

Reactions: stke4130 and btis

trislex

May 28, 2018
Hi, everyone!

Not sure if anyone's on the same boat, but I'm a July 2017 applicant. Got my AIP last Friday and online, my application changed to "Decision Made" last Tuesday, but no email regarding the decision yet to either me or my husband (sponsor) and no details on the website. Just wondering if this is normal or if there's a cause for concern. :(

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hi, everyone!

Not sure if anyone's on the same boat, but I'm a July 2017 applicant. Got my AIP last Friday and online, my application changed to "Decision Made" last Tuesday, but no email regarding the decision yet to either me or my husband (sponsor) and no details on the website. Just wondering if this is normal or if there's a cause for concern. :(
Normal :) you're still under the 12 months,DM can come in hours or days.. don't worry! if you pass 12 months then you can be concerned

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Guys, i just got an update from the MP’s office (I’m March 2017) and they said a decision has been made in my file! However I checked the CIC website and nothing changed, when I call the machine it changed (today) and now it says they have started reviewing the eligibility....

I’m so anxious and happy! LOL I think things are finally moving forward for me

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Just curious to know how many of you whose applications are past the 12 month mark have lived in other countries (aside from your home country) before coming to Canada?

And for those of you have landed, but have lived in other countries (i.e., sent more than 1 police certificate), how far past 12 months did it take?

I have seen several of you who have lived in other countries going on 13, 14, 15 months still waiting, and I personally am at 13.5 months now (have sponsor DM and AIP for myself so far).
I have lived in two different countries and it’s been 15 months.. I applied on March 15, 2017... I just posted some updates but in case you didn’t see I had to contact MP’s office in order to understand what was going on. It seems like it really affects the timeline of the process unfortunately.

I don’t have an oficial DM yet.. but the MP’s office said that the decision was made today, I really hope I will get the letter soon..

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Guys, i just got an update from the MP’s office (I’m March 2017) and they said a decision has been made in my file! However I checked the CIC website and nothing changed, when I call the machine it changed (today) and now it says they have started reviewing the eligibility....

I’m so anxious and happy! LOL I think things are finally moving forward for me
Good to hear that!! Seems like they just needed the right csq copy to keep working on your file?!

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Good to hear that!! Seems like they just needed the right csq copy to keep working on your file?!
Not really, I didn’t even send it.. my lawyer said that they probably missed communication between one agent and the other when passing the info because Quebec sends it directly.

He told me the last time he contacted them it was something with my background and it would take 2 weeks to finish it.. it is 2 weeks today and then we’ve got contacted from MP saying that yes, they actually had the CSQ from the begging and it was a miss communication.

So now we are waiting to hear from immigration... hopefully won’t take too long

Reactions: EGH and gabrielasqs

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Not really, I didn’t even send it.. my lawyer said that they probably missed communication between one agent and the other when passing the info because Quebec sends it directly.

He told me the last time he contacted them it was something with my background and it would take 2 weeks to finish it.. it is 2 weeks today and then we’ve got contacted from MP saying that yes, they actually had the CSQ from the begging and it was a miss communication.

So now we are waiting to hear from immigration... hopefully won’t take too long
Ohh nice!! Good to hear! Let us know when you get dm and landing interview :)

Reactions: futurepr

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Yessssssssssssssssss!!!! Eligibility passed (App received June 29, 2017)

FYI, ECAS was not updated. I only received an email.
Never lose hope! you will probably be landing within 12 months! (I remember your comment yesterday)

Congrats!! let us know when you get dm and landing :)

Last edited: