+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
I am also confused, it was submitted only once back in April 2017 via IRCC webform.
Somehow, between that time and Feb 2018 they finally received it...
Same here
Uploading Schedule A was a big headache when back in March 2017 my case they confirm received it that time… but they still processing criminality check since last November… seriously don’t know what to do … my MP said contact them again on JULY since BG is not done yet. 16months waiting … don’t give up hope I guess

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Oh then what do CIC do to assure that we got PR? sorry I am too tensed here.
Hi cic don’t ask for passport. They will call the couple to IRCC office for landing. So at that time you take your passport to that office wherever the appointment will be. There they will give you COPR and later on u will get PR card after that .

DK1992

Mar 8, 2018
Hi guys, June 13th again , Just woke up and checked ECAS , it shows DM on both sides! Does anyone have any idea what the waiting time is for Etobicoke office ? I’m thinking if I should buy tickets back home for the end of September or later to be sure I’ll have the card

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Sounds similar to me, except for the CSQ as i'm in BC. I too had 2 previous countries I had lived in, but I actually heard from the MP's office again yesterday and he said that my security check is still in progress, however all the other assessments are passed (criminality, eligibility, medical, sponsor eligibility).

slowly but surely...
I'll add that I've lived in 2 other countries (aside from my home country) before coming to Canada and seeing this confirms that it is the definitive factor in my application being delayed - however, I'm only 1 month delayed so far, so I'm sure I have much longer to wait (May 2017 applicant)! So depressing, but it sort of makes sense...

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi guys, June 13th again , Just woke up and checked ECAS , it shows DM on both sides! Does anyone have any idea what the waiting time is for Etobicoke office ? I’m thinking if I should buy tickets back home for the end of September or later to be sure I’ll have the card
People here say up to 10-11 weeks wait there, maybe 6-8 weeks if lucky but is definitely the slowest/busiest office in the country.

Reactions: DK1992

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
I haven't got mine yet....June 1st DM.
People here say up to 10-11 weeks wait there, maybe 6-8 weeks if lucky but is definitely the slowest/busiest office in the country.
Thanks for the info

Fyrushumaira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi cic don’t ask for passport. They will call the couple to IRCC office for landing. So at that time you take your passport to that office wherever the appointment will be. There they will give you COPR and later on u will get PR card after that .
Oh thank you so much for the information. But how would they know when are we available? What if we fail to pick up the phone call?