Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

SatThak

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
Med's Request
Meds Passed 20-2-16
Hi guys August applicant here..does anyone know which month is getting AIPs right now?

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi guys August applicant here..does anyone know which month is getting AIPs right now?
June have been getting landing interviews set up, maybe a few July landing interviews too (they have definitely been getting AIP/DM etc). Not seen any August yet (we are August too) but based on the current news from June/July we will hopefully start seeing August movement in the next few weeks I'm thinking around early July time

Reactions: gabrielasqs

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
June have been getting landing interviews set up, maybe a few July landing interviews too (they have definitely been getting AIP/DM etc). Not seen any August yet (we are August too) but based on the current news from June/July we will hopefully start seeing August movement in the next few weeks I'm thinking around early July time
I think so too..

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
I feel you, i'm Feb 28 2017 applicant and still no decision made. I too tried to disconnect from here and the whole process for a while because the stress and anxiety is just too much sometimes. I contacted my local federal MP and it was a great decision. Within 24 hours he got back to us and managed to get in contact with the Immigration department. He found out that both myself and my wife (sponsor) are now eligible, they have all the documents they need, and they also acknowledged that it's beyond the 12 month approx processing time (15 months now). None of these facts are updates in either ECAS, phone or MYCIC which is frustrating. Apparently now all that is left is background check. It's great he can just pick up the phone and speak to a colleague in the government, but why can't they tell me this? Also the fact that they have everything they need and the acknowledgement that they are dragging their heels yet still haven't sorted it is just so demoralising. Have hope, stay strong and contact an MP
Thank you for your message! I end up calling the MP's office, went there to sign a form and they just wrote me back with some updates... not very good ones. My lawyer called last week and they said they had everything they needed from me and that they were waiting something on my background check (I guess because I lived in 2 different countries before Canada), but I thought it was weird because I had called many times before and they said that my background check was finished... Anyways... Today the MP's office said that my background check was finished, my medical passed and they were missing the CSQ (document required from people living in Quebec) and because they were missing this document they can't starting reviewing my eligibility, however the CSQ was done and sent in APRIL. I even have a confirmation letter from them saying that they had received it. Honestly this is so freaking frustrating... I don't know what to do, it's a total nightmare.

I sent back a copy of the CSQ and the received confirmation for the MP's office... I really hope they will do something to help us because I really don't know what else I could do to have it finished!

(Sorry for the long text)

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
You just have to wait a bit more. I am a Jan 2017 applicant and the processing of my application was completed last week. I am now waiting for the landing interview mail.
I know, I try to be patient but it's hard to not feel upset seeing so many people getting their documents and being on hold for no reason... But I believe it's coming! Hopefully you will have your landing soon! Good luck!!

Reactions: nmmusic

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Thank you for your message! I end up calling the MP's office, went there to sign a form and they just wrote me back with some updates... not very good ones. My lawyer called last week and they said they had everything they needed from me and that they were waiting something on my background check (I guess because I lived in 2 different countries before Canada), but I thought it was weird because I had called many times before and they said that my background check was finished... Anyways... Today the MP's office said that my background check was finished, my medical passed and they were missing the CSQ (document required from people living in Quebec) and because they were missing this document they can't starting reviewing my eligibility, however the CSQ was done and sent in APRIL. I even have a confirmation letter from them saying that they had received it. Honestly this is so freaking frustrating... I don't know what to do, it's a total nightmare.

I sent back a copy of the CSQ and the received confirmation for the MP's office... I really hope they will do something to help us because I really don't know what else I could do to have it finished!

(Sorry for the long text)
Did you send the right copy of your CSQ? because there are 2 copies right.. one at the bottom say "requerant" and the other one "immigation" wich is the one you have to send.

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Did you send the right copy of your CSQ? because there are 2 copies right.. one at the bottom say "requerant" and the other one "immigation" wich is the one you have to send.
I was told that they would send it directly, even though I have submitted online was well just to make sure. They have confirmed receiving it. I still have the two copies they sent it to me, they informed that one was mine and one was my partner’s. Now I’m confused.

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I was told that they would send it directly, even though I have submitted online was well just to make sure. They have confirmed receiving it. I still have the two copies they sent it to me, they informed that one was mine and one was my partner’s. Now I’m confused.
those two copies are exactly the same and it's for the applicant.. but at the bottom one says "requerant" and other one "immigration" and that's the one ircc wants. I'm saying that because yesterday on FB group I saw a lady saying ircc requested her csq 3x and she probably didn't send the right copy they want

They do say they would send it directly but also on Mycic I had a requirement to upload,so I did just in case as wel..

Reactions: futurepr

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
those two copies are exactly the same and it's for the applicant.. but at the bottom one says "requerant" and other one "immigration" and that's the one ircc wants. I'm saying that because yesterday on FB group I saw a lady saying ircc requested her csq 3x and she probably didn't send the right copy they want

They do say they would send it directly but also on Mycic I had a requirement to upload,so I did just in case as wel..
Thank you, I guess I will try to submit it again, since I have a lawyer I don’t have access to myCIC, so I will ask him. Did you upload and send the copy by mail as well?

Im looking at the copy I sent to my lawyer now and I see that I have sent the “requerent”... JESUS CHRIST I want to kill myself

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Thank you, I guess I will try to submit it again, since I have a lawyer I don’t have access to myCIC, so I will ask him. Did you upload and send the copy by mail as well?

Im looking at the copy I sent to my lawyer now and I see that I have sent the “requerent”... JESUS CHRIST I want to kill myself
Yes! Do it! resend it with the right copy :)

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hello everyone ,

Guys I have no clue how cic do things .
I went for medical on 30 may and there is no sign of pass or not it still says - medical requested .

On the other side - sponsor side changed back to Application Received from In Process .
I was happy lol that’s it’s in process . Today first things I saw changed again . Cic playing games :)

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hello everyone ,

Guys I have no clue how cic do things .
I went for medical on 30 may and there is no sign of pass or not it still says - medical requested .

On the other side - sponsor side changed back to Application Received from In Process .
I was happy lol that’s it’s in process . Today first things I saw changed again . Cic playing games :)
still early to see medical passed,you probably will see next week!

Reactions: jeet07