+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I got decision made on June 1, and been waiting for an interview since then. One week passed, no call or email from them.

May 11, 2017 application received ~ Windsor Office

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Oh thank you so much for the information. But how would they know when are we available? What if we fail to pick up the phone call?
it's not a phone call,the office closest to where you live will send you an email with the date and time you have to be for your landing appointment and they mention what you have to bring with you.. remember* PA and sponsor have to attend this appointment, if you can't attend that day you have to get in contact with them... all the info you need will be in that email don't worry.

Reactions: live&love

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Last May 22, I submitted a webform to update my passport information since I recently got a new passport.

however, last June 5, I received this email from IRCC:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to help us better serve you, please follow the below guidelines to ensure your query goes to the right department to ensure we respond as quickly as possible:

Replacement of Document

If your enquiry is regarding replacing a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5545.

Amendment of Document

If your enquiry is regarding correcting an error, therefore requiring an amendment, on a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5218.

Case Status

If your enquiry is regarding a case status which has not yet been answered via other channels, please write back to us using the IRCC Web form and choose one of the following options:

· Temporary Residence (applied online) or Temporary Residence (applied by Mail) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for any temporary residence application (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit).

· Permanent residence (applied by mail) or Permanent residence (applied online) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for a permanent residence application under an economic stream (i.e.: Provincial Nominee, Skilled Worker, Caregiver, etc.).

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
How can I check if they received my new passport info and updated my application?

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hi Guys. We submitted pr application for my wife on dec 28th 2017. We got AOR on feb 6,2018 but have not heard back anything regarding Sponsorship approval yet.
Do you have any idea how long it will take for SA?

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi Guys. We submitted pr application for my wife on dec 28th 2017. We got AOR on feb 6,2018 but have not heard back anything regarding Sponsorship approval yet.
Do you have any idea how long it will take for SA?
June applicants are just getting their AIP. If they keep the same pace, it'll be likely in about 6 months.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
I am concerned about sponsorship approval as I have heard it takes only few weeks to get SA
Maybe for outland apps but definitely not for inland. Approx current timelines (at least for apps submitted after June/July 2017) are medical request after 6-8 months, then AIP/SA/DM all come around the same time around 11 months, some might land within 12 months if lucky but most take a month or so longer.