+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

CHRoNiCWiLL

Apr 4, 2018
So I asked our local MP to help us follow up (Application Received March 7, 2017)
This is what CIC told them:

- The sponsor’s eligibility is not yet done

- The security and criminality for the applicant are currently pending

- Medicals are passed.

- The information pertaining your child has been received.

CIC has advised that this is a non-routine application and therefore it will be taking longer. In addition they informed me that when CIC requested the Schedule A for the applicant in March 2017 there were a number of issues in obtaining the information that was required. They received the complete schedule A in Feb 2018. Please note that without the complete schedule A the security and criminality cannot be processed. Therefore, seeing as the schedule A was recently completed fairly recently the rest of the processing has also fairly recently started.

Has anyone run into this situation before? How much longer are we expected to wait?

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hello everyone ,

Guys I have no clue how cic do things .
I went for medical on 30 may and there is no sign of pass or not it still says - medical requested .

On the other side - sponsor side changed back to Application Received from In Process .
I was happy lol that’s it’s in process . Today first things I saw changed again . Cic playing games :)
my sponsor side changed back too after Med

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
So I asked our local MP to help us follow up (Application Received March 7, 2017)

- Medicals are passed.

CIC has advised that this is a non-routine application and therefore it will be taking longer. In addition they informed me that when CIC requested the Schedule A for the applicant in March 2017 there were a number of issues in obtaining the information that was required. They received the complete schedule A in Feb 2018. Please note that without the complete schedule A the security and criminality cannot be processed. Therefore, seeing as the schedule A was recently completed fairly recently the rest of the processing has also fairly recently started.

Has anyone run into this situation before? How much longer are we expected to wait?
Sry I have a question, how to contact a MP?

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I dream with the day I'll be landing.. so I can stop checking this tread every minute looking for updates :D hahaha
Nooooo . @gabrielasqs don’t stop looking the thread :) . I wish u best u get DM very soon on your file.
But you gives me instant reply hahah at my medical time too .
So don’t quit the thread lol

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Thank you for your message! I end up calling the MP's office, went there to sign a form and they just wrote me back with some updates... not very good ones. My lawyer called last week and they said they had everything they needed from me and that they were waiting something on my background check (I guess because I lived in 2 different countries before Canada), but I thought it was weird because I had called many times before and they said that my background check was finished... Anyways... Today the MP's office said that my background check was finished, my medical passed and they were missing the CSQ (document required from people living in Quebec) and because they were missing this document they can't starting reviewing my eligibility, however the CSQ was done and sent in APRIL. I even have a confirmation letter from them saying that they had received it. Honestly this is so freaking frustrating... I don't know what to do, it's a total nightmare.

I sent back a copy of the CSQ and the received confirmation for the MP's office... I really hope they will do something to help us because I really don't know what else I could do to have it finished!

(Sorry for the long text)

Sounds similar to me, except for the CSQ as i'm in BC. I too had 2 previous countries I had lived in, but I actually heard from the MP's office again yesterday and he said that my security check is still in progress, however all the other assessments are passed (criminality, eligibility, medical, sponsor eligibility).

slowly but surely...

Reactions: futurepr

LunaM

Dec 28, 2017

- Medicals are passed.

Sorry I am a bit confused. What happened to your schedule A between March 2017 and Feb 2018?You resubmitted it at some point?

CHRoNiCWiLL

Apr 4, 2018
Sorry I am a bit confused. What happened to your schedule A between March 2017 and Feb 2018?You resubmitted it at some point?
I am also confused, it was submitted only once back in April 2017 via IRCC webform.
Somehow, between that time and Feb 2018 they finally received it...