+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Today I got the letter for landing interview at Hamilton, ON. I am so excited and scared now. What would they ask ? Do we need to take any special documents ? Does my sponsor need to show his income or employment proof at the landing interview ? As I see I just have to take passport, driving license and two photographs. Can someone clear out ? Thanks. And good luck to all waiting.
Hi...When did you apply?

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Feb 2017 applicant here....received SA and AIP (applicant passed eligibility).....still processing background check. I'm wondering if IRCC is going to call me or send me an email when it's done? Or letter by mall? Thank you!

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Yeah you just seem to be with the batch of June applicants (me included) whose ECAS is not getting updated at all. Hopefully once we get close to 12 months they'll just approve it in a matter of days. Good luck!
Absolutely the same message I see since ever!

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
To my fellow August/September applicants, where in the process are you guys in now? I received medical request back in March and got it done on April 13th. I passed my medical exam. What's next? :)

Also, I am debating on waiting until I get PR card to leave back to the States to get my new Cochlear Implant kit as its has been broken for good 2 years. I will have to be in MI for the mapping, my dad wants me to come in July but I am so unsure. I want to be safe, not get in any hassles/troubles. Since its medical necessary for me to get my CI asap, I don't mind wait until I get my card. I just want to see what my options are.

We applied August 2017

The package was received the 29th
Was asked for the schedule A and police checks November 3- submitted these within the 30 day time period, however the FBI takes 3-4 months so I think those were submitted in March 2018

My husband was asked to fill out the undertaking application with the QC government October 27,2017
I was given a CSQ from Quebec in December 2017 and my husband was approved as a sponsor by QC at the same time

I was asked for a medical March 19,2018
And it says passed in my account

Now it just says everything is processing

I’m inland, and from the USA too

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
Feb 2017 applicant here....received SA and AIP (applicant passed eligibility).....still processing background check. I'm wondering if IRCC is going to call me or send me an email when it's done? Or letter by mall? Thank you!
Hi, I’m a March 2017 applicant, already landed, but I wanted to know if you’ve checked your status in ECAS. I never recieved any more correspondence from IRCC after I got the eligibility passed message (AIP), with the exception of a phone call from the agent dealing with my application, my passport on their file was expired so I needed to fax them the updated copy. Next thing was a “call in notice” email from my local IRCC office (Edmonton) with the scheduled landing date, it was worded “your final determination for permanent residence interview is scheduled...” it took less than 5 minutes to get my COPR, they asked me 3 basic questions, “do you have any dependents not listed” “have you committed crime” etc, then I signed the documents, the agent validated my COPR and we were out of there.
My CIC account showed “background in process” even after landing interview was scheduled and the application completion email had already been sent to me, in fact it didn’t change to completed until the day after I landed. My ecas was updated more frequently/accurately than my CIC account.

Best of luck with your application, you’re almost at the end of the line.

Last edited:

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
I dont understand why the sponsership side changed to app received. It is weired.do u know wht does it mean ?
I am not sure exactly.. It should be Decision Made instead.

I am guessing that they have finished with the sponsor's side and they just didn't updated yet or they will when sponsored side finished as well.

Honestly, I don't know. We are getting close to 12 months and hopefully we ll have an update soon

Krysia

Oct 31, 2017
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missaussaga
Another quick question, I have read here in other topics that for inland you do not have to provide an RCMP check unless requested. Can someone verify this?

At the time of the application, I had not been in Canada for more than 6 months, but at the time of police check request (about a month later) I had. The police certificate I provided was only for the origin country, assuming CIC will do their own on the Canadian side.
Sometimes they do ask for RCMP criminal check with fingerprints ...depends on the country of origin or your actual status .

Reactions: rzubarev

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
I am not sure exactly.. It should be Decision Made instead.

I am guessing that they have finished with the sponsor's side and they just didn't updated yet or they will when sponsored side finished as well.

Honestly, I don't know. We are getting close to 12 months and hopefully we ll have an update soon
I hope so. I will let u know if i have any update