+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

outdoorcharles

Mar 27, 2018
No, you don't have to do anything on your end. Just keep that information sheet as proof of your own in case they ask for it later. But your doctor will submit the eMedical directly to IRCC and you don't have to take any action. Once they submit it, your online account will say your medicals have passed and the eCAS will say medical results were received.
Awesome thanks!

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Does someone here know if it’s possible to travel before receiving the PR card?

I have booked a trip to my hometown with my partner for July, I thought my process would be done by now and I would receive it in time... now I’m getting scared that I won’t be getting the PR card in time since it takes about 2 months after landing to receive it.

I don’t have a work permit and I’m out of status... my concern is if after landing I could travel and return without the PR card.

Do you guys know if there is any way?
I don't recommend travelling after your landing interview until you receive the PR card, especially if you are out of status. When they invite you for a landing interview, they ask you if you have any travel plans, if you say yes, they reschedule the interview till after you come back, so that you are in the country until you get your PR card.

If you are out of the country and don't have your PR card, then you have to apply for a PRTD from the country you are visiting, but often times, that requires filling in forms and submitting to the embassy of that country, and it can take from a few weeks to a month or so to get a PRTD. It just becomes a big hassle.

BUT this is only because the airline will not let you travel to Canada without a valid PR card or a permit etc. They don't accept the COPR etc. That's the real challenge. IF somehow you can convince the airline to let you on the flight, then when you land in Canada, the CBSA at the airport will let you in on a COPR. The port of entry rules that CBSA uses to determine if you can be let in can be found here in detail: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

So the real challenge is about taking the risk. When was your landing interview, and when is your travel date? I would suggest you wait for the PR card.
Another way is if you know someone here who can check your mail and then courier your PR card to you directly in the other country, however if this method is legal is of question, because courier mail is checked too, and normally sending ID documents like passport or ID cards are often checked by customs officials to ensure no fake ids and passports are illegally being smuggled etc.

Scontario

Feb 28, 2017
I
Oh no! I’m very sorry! What province are you at?

Its sooo upsetting seeing people from May/June 2017 getting their papers and people from 2016 still waiting... they should do it based on the receiving order!

I mean, I’m glad to se people getting their papers is just sad that some have to wait way more than others and they don’t even explain why :-(
I'm in Ontario. I'm pretty sure that my PR is being held up by my very minor arrest history (once in California in 2005, later deemed a civil infraction with a fine kind of like a parking ticket) as both my IEC visas and an eTA took longer than usual processing times. I've provided all documents pertaining to it (FBI report and court docs, my UK and RCMP clearances are completely clean) so hopefully as I've already received AIP my application will be cleared soon.

As I'm a slight outlier compared to most people on here I'm not surprised that my processing time has exceeded the normal timeframe. Just a waiting game at this point!

Reactions: futurepr

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Dec 11 PR and OWP applicant here

OWP:
- still no updates and still couldn't link it to my online account

PR:
- already uploaded my Schedule A last Jan 24th and Police Clearance was submitted upfront
- on my main page it says "Submitted"
- on the application page under "Review of additional documents" it says there "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details" -- haven't received any after the Schedule A.

How can I find out what additional documents they need?

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Dec 11 PR and OWP applicant here

OWP:
- still no updates and still couldn't link it to my online account

PR:
- already uploaded my Schedule A last Jan 24th and Police Clearance was submitted upfront
- on my main page it says "Submitted"
- on the application page under "Review of additional documents" it says there "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details" -- haven't received any after the Schedule A.

How can I find out what additional documents they need?
you should call CIC to get your application number for your OWP application. If there is no application number, you should consider to re-send your OWP application to Vegreville in case it was just missing somewhere in CIC.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
I don't recommend travelling after your landing interview until you receive the PR card, especially if you are out of status. When they invite you for a landing interview, they ask you if you have any travel plans, if you say yes, they reschedule the interview till after you come back, so that you are in the country until you get your PR card.

If you are out of the country and don't have your PR card, then you have to apply for a PRTD from the country you are visiting, but often times, that requires filling in forms and submitting to the embassy of that country, and it can take from a few weeks to a month or so to get a PRTD. It just becomes a big hassle.

BUT this is only because the airline will not let you travel to Canada without a valid PR card or a permit etc. They don't accept the COPR etc. That's the real challenge. IF somehow you can convince the airline to let you on the flight, then when you land in Canada, the CBSA at the airport will let you in on a COPR. The port of entry rules that CBSA uses to determine if you can be let in can be found here in detail: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

So the real challenge is about taking the risk. When was your landing interview, and when is your travel date? I would suggest you wait for the PR card.
Another way is if you know someone here who can check your mail and then courier your PR card to you directly in the other country, however if this method is legal is of question, because courier mail is checked too, and normally sending ID documents like passport or ID cards are often checked by customs officials to ensure no fake ids and passports are illegally being smuggled etc.
I did the file for my wife from missisaugua but she's waiting outside of the country ?
Is it inland or outland ?

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
you should call CIC to get your application number for your OWP application. If there is no application number, you should consider to re-send your OWP application to Vegreville in case it was just missing somewhere in CIC.
Thanks for your input. Last time I called CIC (Feb 22) the lady said that she couldn't give me the application number and to just wait for the OWP to be released.. Should I just wait for April 11th for the 4 month mark to call them since I'm a few days shy of the 4 month deadline?

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Same thing is happening to me. I didn't receive any update yet that they have received them. I am gonna call and ask them maybe next week. Sometimes they just don't update it and the medical have been passed already. If you call them let us know. I ll do the same.
Did you get any info from CIC? Spouses account still requests for medical.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone! Any suggestions on where to get a medical exam around Edmonton to Red Deer? I need a clinic that's cheaper than the rest bec I'm not yet working. This is for an upfront medical exam to remove conditions on my OWP.

Thanks!

mjs330

Jan 31, 2018
Hi,
Anyone here passed background check that didn't submit their RCMP Canadian police check? I didn't think that we needed to submit those since they can just check it themselves. I submitted my NZ consent to disclosure form to them when they asked for it back in October. I didn't think I needed to submit anything else as I have only lived in NZ and Canada for over 6 months. Now they are asking me again for police checks for countries I lived in more than 6 months. Would they be referring to an RCMP check? They don't say specifically what they want.

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Did you get any info from CIC? Spouses account still requests for medical.
I called them this morning and they told me sometimes it can take up to 3 weeks for them to receive the medicals and update the message on the MyCIC account.

I guess I have to wait one more week ..
But many people passing the medicals within a week.

...I don't know how these guys are working...

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys, I have gotten my medical request but for some reason they put one of the addresses i lived at in Australia as my current address on the medical report! I had a look online and the current address they have on file for me is my Canadian one! So i have no idea how/why this has happened... I believe they have made an error. Does anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone know how I can fix it??
Also I could only get my medical scheduled for 6 days before the 30 day cut off date (All the other doctors in my area are booked out for a month)... is this going to be OK? Or does it take a few days for the doctor to send the results/report to you?? Should I contact them and tell them it might be delayed?? What's the best way to do that if so?

hunterrrr

Mar 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missa
App. Filed.......
27-12-2017
Hey guys,

Will my OWP take longer if I am only on a tourist visa? OWP and PR were received Dec27. I’m supposed to start working in a few weeks and starting to get a little worried.

Are the OWP that have been getting approved for people still with status or were some of you back on visitor visas?