+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I was counting on 3-4 months not
6 :(
Oh no you misunderstand my message, my OWP was approved in 3 months (check out my signature for the exact dates)! The 6 months was for my visitor visa. You're allowed to stay for 6 months in a year on a visitor visa and I've been here for more than that so the time after 6 months and before my OWP was approved (which luckily was only 2 days for me), I was on implied status.

Reactions: hunterrrr

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Great

, I think you are completed with process, congrats

Thank you, I am not entirely finish as yet, Its been 3 weeks since I'm waiting for landing interview which takes approximately 6-10 weeks to get an appointment. What stage are you currently in?

lee9

Nov 22, 2017
Thank you, I am not entirely finish as yet, Its been 3 weeks since I'm waiting for landing interview which takes approximately 6-10 weeks to get an appointment. What stage are you currently in?
Honestly, I don’t know.

I am at 12 months now, medical done in November 2017, currently it says background check in process, I called cic helpline couple of times and they always say same thing. It’s in process

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I
Honestly, I don’t know.

I am at 12 months now, medical done in November 2017, currently it says background check in process, I called cic helpline couple of times and they always say same thing. It’s in process
I had to redo my medical too in November 2017. Hopefully you hear from them soon. I know its hard to wait, trust me I am still waiting, but there is nothing much we can do.

Good luck!

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
I submitted an OWP along with my PR application on Dec 11th. However, my OWP has is still not been approved and I'm worried I won't get it before my current IEC work permit expires (7th May 2018).

Does Anyone know what the exact rules are for participants in Canada on the IEC work permit when it comes to 'implied status'?

I've spoke to a number of agents at the call centre and they have all said the same thing to me;

"that I can carry on working under implied status if my IEC work permit expires before a decision is made on my OWP application"

Is this accurate? Because I've read a few posts on here saying you do not get 'implied status' if you're here on the IEC initiative.

Last edited:

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
for my process today on cic they changed our statut to in process for my wife PR process (we did the medical visit end of 2017), PPC and annex A asked 3 months ago
hope its the end ...

AOR: june 2017

Reactions: sakura_hana17

mjs330

Jan 31, 2018
I submitted an OWP along with my PR application on Dec 11th. However, my OWP has is still not been approved and I'm worried I won't get it before my current IEC work permit expires (7th May 2018).

Does Anyone know what the exact rules are for participants in Canada on the IEC work permit when it comes to 'implied status'?

I've spoke to a number of agents at the call centre and they have all said the same thing to me;

"that I can carry on working under implied status if my IEC work permit expires before a decision is made on my OWP application"

Is this accurate? Because I've read a few posts on here saying you do not get 'implied status' if you're here on the IEC initiative.
I was in a similar situation. Current IEC work permit expires April 23rd 2018. My application for OWP was received Dec 11th 2017. I ended up getting approved about 2 days ago, but my plan was that if I didn't get approval by April 11th, I would call them as it would have been after the 4 month mark. I am sure yours will be approved soon, but if not maybe call them next week.

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Hi guys,

I have a landing interview next week in Montreal. Can you guys give me advices for this interview ? How long will it take and which questions they will ask for ?

Thanks in advance. :)
it's just general questions like "have you been convicted of a crime?" and stuff like that. won't take more than 15 min. waiting to be called to speak to an officer may take longer. good luck!

Reactions: Noslord2003

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
it's just general questions like "have you been convicted of a crime?" and stuff like that. won't take more than 15 min. waiting to be called to speak to an officer may take longer. good luck!
landing interview is the sponsor arriving in canada ? thanks

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
landing interview is the sponsor arriving in canada ? thanks
landing interview is the finalization of an approved application. it can be conducted in person or via phone. both the sponsor and the applicant must attend it. as a result, the applicant receives their COPR (confirmation of permanent residency) and then waits for the PR card to arrive in mail.

Reactions: goteborg

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017

I was on IEC when we applied. We applied September 6th and my IEC expired December 16th. My work permit didn't come until the start of Feb but I got it all the same.
So you must get implied status or mine wouldn't have come when it did, or so I assume.

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
I was in a similar situation. Current IEC work permit expires April 23rd 2018. My application for OWP was received Dec 11th 2017. I ended up getting approved about 2 days ago, but my plan was that if I didn't get approval by April 11th, I would call them as it would have been after the 4 month mark. I am sure yours will be approved soon, but if not maybe call them next week.

I really hope they do, your message has given me some hope. Thank you.

Z