+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hi Chloe canada,
Cic received my application march 02, 2017 same time as yours and still waiting. Last time I had update was jan. 2017 when they asked for schedule a. No sa/no aip yet. Hope to hear something soon too.
hi,

So that's mean we are not in the 80% lucky applicants who have DM within 12 months ? ...:(
Hope to get DM soon :(

Reactions: polar25 and pius88

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hi Mutato,

I don't understand what you mean?

By the way, I'm trying to book an appointment for the Medical exam but I cannot reach any one through phone calls. So I will go there tomorrow morning to book a service.
Sorry if I was not being clear. Was wondering how long it will take from Medical Request to PR... If you have seen or heard anything about this.

Try calling Medisys at 1-514-845-1211. I believe they have across Canada. I was able to call earlier to book for next week.

Reactions: Trinh

mjs330

Jan 31, 2018
Oh my god! Where do you live?
I live in Salmon Arm in BC. Its not that remote! I was surprised when I looked at the list of panel physicians they IRCC gives you. There really aren't that many in BC if you don't live near Vancouver. Very limited options.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Landing Interview DONE!

We received the call 4 minutes after the scheduled time, the officer asked to talk to the PA so I asked if I could put the call on the speaker and the caller said yes. Then this is what I remember;
- the officer asked if we were at home (have no idea why).
- asked the SA for her Name, Birth date and Home Address.
- asked for any mistakes on the COPR, in our case there was a mistake on the last entry date which doesn't seem to be a problem, they will change internally and we don't need to reprint the document.
That was basically it!
The officer also explained that when they receive my signed COPR they will sign it too and write the date that will be the landing date, then opened for Q&A, asked if we approve the phone interview and if they should keep doing this way, also asked for any suggestions and than started talking about the weather (seriously!) the interviewer was a really nice person and made us very comfortable!
The total duration of the interview was 15min.
Good luck all!

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
Wow that’s good u got work permit. I am in same situation I sent in November 2017 when I applied I was not having status but they didn’t send me anything regarding work permit I only got scd A and AOR 1.
That’s a good news u got work permit it’s a relief when we don’t have status.
The thing is I was on status when I applied so I don't know why they sent me that email, maybe they didn't see my passport pictures on my application. If you weren't in status when you applied you have to wait for approval in principle before getting OWP. My application was returned because I didn't pay both fees

Reactions: Mr U and jeet07

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I live in Salmon Arm in BC. Its not that remote! I was surprised when I looked at the list of panel physicians they IRCC gives you. There really aren't that many in BC if you don't live near Vancouver. Very limited options.
Guess what, I only have one Panel Physician in Quebec city!!!

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Landing Interview DONE!

We received the call 4 minutes after the scheduled time, the officer asked to talk to the PA so I asked if I could put the call on the speaker and the caller said yes. Then this is what I remember;
- asked for any mistakes on the COPR, in our case there was a mistake on the last entry date which doesn't seem to be a problem, they will change internally and we don't need to reprint the document.
That was basically it!
The officer also explained that when they receive my signed COPR they will sign it too and write the date that will be the landing date, then opened for Q&A, asked if we approve the phone interview and if they should keep doing this way, also asked for any suggestions and than started talking about the weather (seriously!) the interviewer was a really nice person and made us very comfortable!
Good luck all!
Congratulations

Reactions: Mr U

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Landing Interview DONE!

That was basically it!
Good luck all!
Congratulations!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Landing Interview DONE!

That was basically it!
Good luck all!
I'm so happy for you guys! I don't know why but after reading your comment, I feel like oh, so it will be our turn soon... And I would like to say thanks to you for sharing experience! Congratulation BIG time! From now on, you don't need to worry about papers any more!