+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Sorry if I was not being clear. Was wondering how long it will take from Medical Request to PR... If you have seen or heard anything about this.

Try calling Medisys at 1-514-845-1211. I believe they have across Canada. I was able to call earlier to book for next week.
Thank you so much but I live in Quebec city..., and there is only one Panel Physician here... :(

As for your question, yes, I have seen like it depends on case to case. Some case were from 2 - 3 months, some cases were 6 - 8 months... Just hope that we will pass the Medical exam soon and then PR after 1 month haha

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Thank you so much but I live in Quebec city..., and there is only one Panel Physician here... :(

As for your question, yes, I have seen like it depends on case to case. Some case were from 2 - 3 months, some cases were 6 - 8 months... Just hope that we will pass the Medical exam soon and then PR after 1 month haha
Wow. Only 1. :(

Crossing fingers. Though, I called CIC earlier. The guy I spoke to said, that right now, it's still averaging 12 months from AOR... But, our lawyer said it's now averaging 13 months. Sigh. But hey, positive thinking, right? :D

Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Wow. Only 1. :(

Crossing fingers. Though, I called CIC earlier. The guy I spoke to said, that right now, it's still averaging 12 months from AOR... But, our lawyer said it's now averaging 13 months. Sigh. But hey, positive thinking, right? :D
Oh lawyer, don't trust them, I believe 12 months or even less he he!

Can you show me the CIC phone number and ext. number as I tried to call them many times but not even one time could catch them! I want to ask them about my Health insurance, I just don't want to buy a Tourist package while my husband's work contract already covers me.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi there!Yea still waiting..It says on my CIC account they need additional documents but no request for a month..I guess I will try to call them this Friday
Hi
You should call.. I got the same message and they requested my Criminal Recostd from Canada..

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi Chloe canada,
Cic received my application march 02, 2017 same time as yours and still waiting. Last time I had update was jan. 2017 when they asked for schedule a. No sa/no aip yet. Hope to hear something soon too.
Same here.. march 15 applicant.. the requested my Criminal Record based on fingerprints on March 1st..

Halyna

Aug 15, 2017
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
23-03-2017
Doc's Request.
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
17-11-2017
Med's Done....
19-11-2017
1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 21, 2017.
2. We sent you correspondence on April 9, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
3. Medical results have been received.

1. Exactly one year today and still waiting................ any update on March applicant
The same thing here...1 year anniversary today :(
  2. We sent you correspondence on April 7, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Reactions: polar25

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
The same thing here...1 year anniversary today :(
  2. We sent you correspondence on April 7, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Hey guys,

I am not sure if this means anything, but I ordered my GCMS notes and 3-4 days later I received my AIP. I reordered my GCMS notes again on March 13th and I saw DM on the 17th. I don't know for sure if ordering the notes triggered them to pick the file up or if its just a coincidence, however, I just want to share my experience because I know what it feels like.

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
I've been always the first one to trash bad immigration lawyers/consultants, but I am afraid that in your case he might be right and I am sorry to say that. The fact is that applications for PR (Express entry, Family class, etc...) do NOT give you status in Canada.

thank you. it is a pretty bad situation. most of it our fault. at the time my wife was dealing with a complicated pregnancy and government had left us with no insurance so we had to pay everything from our pocket more than 15000$ so we didnt think about rectifying the visa/work permit situation at all.

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
The thing is I was on status when I applied so I don't know why they sent me that email, maybe they didn't see my passport pictures on my application. If you weren't in status when you applied you have to wait for approval in principle before getting OWP. My application was returned because I didn't pay both fees[/QUOT
Oh I wish I knew. I haven't received anything as yet too. When I called CIC and asked them what the status on my application is, he said that its been approved for permanent residence, however the automated messages still says that they are reviewing my eligibility for permanent residence and still processing my background check. I think ECAS was not updated with the new information.

can you tell me how you could talk to an agent I could never! they always say too many calls (auto message) and please call later and then hang up

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
can you tell me how you could talk to an agent I could never! they always say too many calls (auto message) and please call later and then hang up

I called them at 9:00am. They play that automoted message where it give you an update on the status of your application, then at the end the ask you to dial zero (0) if you wish to speak to an agent. If there are no agents available then they ask you to call again and the phone disconnects and if there are agents available to talk then I guess they placed your call in queue with a wait time. The longest time I had to wait was 45 mins and the shortest was 25 mins.

Good Luck!

Reactions: ersar and Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I called them at 9:00am. They play that automoted message where it give you an update on the status of your application, then at the end the ask you to dial zero (0) if you wish to speak to an agent. If there are no agents available then they ask you to call again and the phone disconnects and if there are agents available to talk then I guess they placed your call in queue with a wait time. The longest time I had to wait was 45 mins and the shortest was 25 mins.

Good Luck!
You deserve to get that phone call! 45 mins! I admire you indeed...

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
my lawyer is an idiot then. but I understood from immigration website that implied statues only granted if you applied for work permit and till decision is made you can have implied statues. but if no legal status exists and you will applied for PR doesn't matter you can have implied status? isn't this correct?
Ugh, I'm an idiot for not reading it correctly. You "did not apply for work permit". Your immigration lawyer was right.

Call IRCC to confirm what to do but I think it's along the lines of the below. You can try a different lawyer for a different opinion, too if you want to be sure.

Next steps:

1/ Your wife needs to leave Canada and redo PR application again as she is now more than 90 days out of status so she can't even apply to restore status anymore. She just need to board a flight and go back on her own, nobody is going to hassle her at the airport. This needs to be done immediately I think. The longer you wait, the worse it might get.
2/ Inform IRCC that you want to voluntarily withdraw the application. You should call to confirm but I don't think they will keep processing since this is an entirely new situation.
3/ Apply for a new sponsorship application. On the new application, you will need to write and explain your situation why your wife overstayed for 6 months. It sounds like a messy situation since you've got a newborn and all.

Good luck,

Last edited:
Reactions: Maryanne33

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
my lawyer is an idiot then. but I understood from immigration website that implied statues only granted if you applied for work permit and till decision is made you can have implied statues. but if no legal status exists and you will applied for PR doesn't matter you can have implied status? isn't this correct?
Hi
I know your wife is out of status now but u applied inland already and you should send open work permit file now but u will only get open work permit once AIP gets approved . There are so many cases on the form people waiting for AIP approval.
I don’t think it’s a good idea to send your wife back home and apply all over again.
And one More thing as u r wife has a strong reason to stay in Canada that is u .she can apply for TRP that people apply who has strong reason to stay and no status. I think u will be fine. There are cases I read people out of status getting decision on 12-13 months . But yes in the news decision is yours :)

Guni

Aug 25, 2017
guys can anyone here help me. I sponsored my wife for PR inland program. she does not work so we didn't renew her work permit. is she legally allowed to stay in Canada now that her work permit is expired (more than 6 months) until decision is made? immigration lawyer gave me some crazy advise that my wife has to leave Canada and apply from outside and made me very worried and it's possible that her PR also get rejected since she doesnt hold a valid statues.
If her permit expired she has "lack of status" which means she doesn't have a valid permit or visa. However, she can still be granted PR. She is technically not allowed to stay, but there is a public policy which basically says that it is in the public interest to assess all foreign nationals regardless of status. This means that even though your wife has lack of status, her PR can still be processed AS LONG AS you guys meet all other requirements in your application (including that your wife has a valid passport).

HOWEVER, this comes with some limitations including forfeiting the right to appeal should the application be refused, longer processing times than an oversea application, and the requirement that your wife stay Canada until the application is finalized (she cannot travel).

Still, the fact that your wife can still be processed for and granted PR does not mean that she has a valid status. Temporary resident permit (student, work, visit) is a separate thing.

At this point you have 3 paths, I think.

1. Your wife stays>keep processing your PR application>make sure you meet all other requirements>your wife stays put in Canada and can't work or study>If all else is complete and approved, your wife gets the PR

2. You do what the lawyer said>remove your application>your wife leaves the country>your wife applies overseas>you will be separated during this time>she comes back to Canada.

3. You remove your application> your wife leaves the country>your wife gets a new proper temporary resident permit (visit, work, study) (this is because more than 90 days passed)>your wife comes back in>you guys apply inland again. (This one might be a bit more complicated depending on your wife's country)

I recommend you read this policy, I found it very useful.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/immigration-refugee-protection-act-spousal-policy.html?wbdisable=true#8

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf (same info, complete document)

About your wife's permit:

2. Temporary Resident Permits
What happens when a person falls out of status and the ninety days have elapsed? At this point, it is advisable for the individual to exit Canada. That said, as a last resort the law allows for the submission of an application for a Temporary Resident Permit if compelling reasons why they should be allowed to remain in Canada can be established and the risk to Canadians is minimal, among other factors.

Discuss your options with your wife, the pros and cons. I hope you find a solution and I wish you the best.