Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Oh from Quebec! Me too!

Can you please share your timeline? I just received a Medical request from CIC today. Can you please tell me if there anything should I pay attention to get the Med exam quickly?
Hi, @Trinh. Is there a TAT that we are looking at after the medical exam?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi, @Trinh. Is there a TAT that we are looking at after the medical exam?
Hi Mutato,

I don't understand what you mean?

By the way, I'm trying to book an appointment for the Medical exam but I cannot reach any one through phone calls. So I will go there tomorrow morning to book a service.

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Did medical exam today, obviously something had to go wrong :mad:
The guy at the desk entered the wrong date of issue of my passport and said couldn't fix it because he already sent whatever he needed to send. Called CIC and they said to send them a message through webform, which I did and attached a copy of the mistake + my passport. I mean, it's pretty clear that it's a typo, but you never now...

Anyone had a similar experience? Thanks

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Did medical exam today, obviously something had to go wrong :mad:
The guy at the desk entered the wrong date of issue of my passport and said couldn't fix it because he already sent whatever he needed to send. Called CIC and they said to send them a message through webform, which I did and attached a copy of the mistake + my passport. I mean, it's pretty clear that it's a typo, but you never now...

Anyone had a similar experience? Thanks
Sorry to hear that! I hate this kind of service! It just gives us more work to do!!!

Reactions: alexandroz

Mr U

Feb 20, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
March
Doc's Request.
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Med's Request
20-11-2017
Med's Done....
25-11-2018
1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 21, 2017.
2. We sent you correspondence on April 9, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
3. Medical results have been received.

1. Exactly one year today and still waiting................ any update on March applicant
I am a March 20th 2017 applicant Exactly one year. I am still waiting. No news.

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
Finally my OPW was approved 2 weeks ago. Apparently all 3 times I sent the pictures of the stamps from my passport trough webform that the agent doing my application was waiting for, the people that receive the webform never send them to the agent. Also yesterday I received request for medicals for the residency.

OPW and PR received 16th August 2017
AOR received 2nd October
OPW returned around the second week of october
OPW sent to Vegreville 19th October
January 11th Received email saying I couldn't get OPW because when I applied I was out of status
OPW approved 2nd March
Medical request 20th March

hunterrrr

Mar 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missa
App. Filed.......
27-12-2017
Sent OWP with PR app,
PR received Missauga 27th Dec 2017
Request for police certs / SA came through on Feb 7th Submitted Feb 23rdish
Connected my OWP app to online account today, App is being processed and Eligibility is in progress.
Hopefully have an OWP in a fortnight.

Reactions: Aob-Dtd

mjs330

Jan 31, 2018
I have 30 days to get my medical... the only place that is remotely close to me cant get me in till 23rd May! All other places are more than 4 hours away :( Has anyone had any experience with this?

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Finally my OPW was approved 2 weeks ago. Apparently all 3 times I sent the pictures of the stamps from my passport trough webform that the agent doing my application was waiting for, the people that receive the webform never send them to the agent. Also yesterday I received request for medicals for the residency.

AOR received 2nd October
January 11th Received email saying I couldn't get OPW because when I applied I was out of status
OPW approved 2nd March
Wow that’s good u got work permit. I am in same situation I sent in November 2017 when I applied I was not having status but they didn’t send me anything regarding work permit I only got scd A and AOR 1.
That’s a good news u got work permit it’s a relief when we don’t have status.

princessjustin24

Jan 26, 2018
Sent OWP with PR app,
PR received Missauga 27th Dec 2017
Request for police certs / SA came through on Feb 7th Submitted Feb 23rdish
Connected my OWP app to online account today, App is being processed and Eligibility is in progress.
Hopefully have an OWP in a fortnight.
Congrats! I sent mine with PR app dec 18th but my owp hasnt been approved yet. Hopefully it comes soon.

Reactions: hunterrrr

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018

AOR received 2nd October
OPW approved 2nd March
Hi
Can I know why your work permit was returned tho ?

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
I received the same request 2 weeks ago as well (I'm May 1, 2017 AOR). Also for 2 police certificates from 2 other countries I've lived in.

Though it seems impossible, I sent out expedited requests/documents to those countries to obtain the certificates by the April 11th deadline CIC gave me (less than 1 month!!). I'm wondering now if I should just email CIC and tell them I cannot provide them either.

Can I ask what sort of proof you sent? Was it emails from the embassies saying you couldn't get the reports by the deadline, or you couldn't get them at all?

I'm afraid if I sit around and wait for the certificates to come (probably right before the deadline, if at all) it is going to delay my application!

Does anyone else have suggestions on this?? Thanks!
I sent with the lawyer an explaination letter with the proofs of every embassy and consulates showing they cant provide this info to my wife.

Now, wait and see what they say.... I hope its the last step, they asked us in the request to pay the rp card fee so finger crossed for the letter.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I have 30 days to get my medical... the only place that is remotely close to me cant get me in till 23rd May! All other places are more than 4 hours away :( Has anyone had any experience with this?
Oh my god! Where do you live?