+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
So... I'm lost! I don't know what does it mean of AIP? My case is I have CSQ and Work permit. I just got a confirmation letter to go school for free French courses. But the school asks for Health Care card (Carte d’assurance maladie du Québec valide ou une lettre de la Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec confirmant votre inscription)! Am I eligible to apply for this card? I have read here that I need the AIP letter to apply for Health care card :( It's a pain as waiting forever and more papers to work with...

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Question about subsidies. My Canadian spouse is low-income and wanted to apply for RentAssist (a subsidy program that helps with rent - is not considered welfare). The application asks her for her spouse's info (me). Would me putting down my info as her spouse/co-applicant be a no-no?

Reactions: Temidayo_

J and M

Jan 23, 2018
Anyone know if Dec applicants who have had OWP approved sent as part of the application or separate to Vergeville?
I sent mine to Mississauga on December 12th. Got approved on March 9th. But I think there's still quite a few people who applied earlier than I did and are still waiting for their OWP. Nevertheless it's still within normal processing time so I think it's gonna be alright. Hold on!

Reactions: loubegga and jeet07

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I sent mine to Mississauga on December 12th. Got approved on March 9th. But I think there's still quite a few people who applied earlier than I did and are still waiting for their OWP. Nevertheless it's still within normal processing time so I think it's gonna be alright. Hold on!
Thanks for response. That's great u got yours approved. I'm December 27th so fingers crossed I may get mine in 2weeks.

Can I also ask did you see any updates in your cic account during the process? Anything I can keep a look out for?

J and M

Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for response. That's great u got yours approved. I'm December 27th so fingers crossed I may get mine in 2weeks.

Can I also ask did you see any updates in your cic account during the process? Anything I can keep a look out for?
Just got e-mail saying I have a new message on myCIC account and it was approved. I heard some people might also get a change in eligibility section - We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements. And after that they get approved pretty soon. :)

Reactions: loubegga

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Just got e-mail saying I have a new message on myCIC account and it was approved. I heard some people might also get a change in eligibility section - We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements. And after that they get approved pretty soon. :)

Is there a specific month that will get it ?

DCLO98

Feb 8, 2018
Does anyone know about the police certificate prosess with the fingerprints? I am the applicant, does my canadian husband need to submit them too? I went on Saturday to do them but honestly I don't understand the process. The email CIC sent me on Friday said that I need to submit the police certificate by March 23rd, but the office where I did my fingerprints told me they took 2 days to send them to RCMP and 2 weeks to CIC. So, once I did my fingerprints what's next?

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Good morning all,

As explained in my earlier comments, I have a representative so most updates CIC sends me goes to them. However, I have access to my online account which only give brief information.

Last night after 12pm I signed in and check my status and it says Decision Made (I got excited :)), then I signed in my husband's account and its says :

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: Decision Made (even more excited)

I did not received any email or letter stating that a Decision has been Made.

Can someone please what this mean? Should I be excited? How long after DM is made does CIC informs you? Thank you in advance!

Good morning,

Regarding this comment, I just got off the phone with CIC. I told the agent that I saw Decision Made on both sides on my CIC Login on Saturday @ 12:30 am. He verified my info. and told me to stay on the line that he will check to see if there are any updates. He came back and said that he can see that my medical has been approved, my background check was approved; so I asked him whats the status of my application and he said "congrats your application has been approved for permanent residence".

My questions are:
How long after your status change from In Process to Decision Made do CIC contact you?
What would be my next step?
My Visa Office is Etobicoke, approximately how long is the wait time for landing interview?

Please advice as best as you can. Thank you!

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Good morning,

Regarding this comment, I just got off the phone with CIC. I told the agent that I saw Decision Made on both sides on my CIC Login on Saturday @ 12:30 am. He verified my info. and told me to stay on the line that he will check to see if there are any updates. He came back and said that he can see that my medical has been approved, my background check was approved; so I asked him whats the status of my application and he said "congrats your application has been approved for permanent residence".

My questions are:
How long after your status change from In Process to Decision Made do CIC contact you?
What would be my next step?
My Visa Office is Etobicoke, approximately how long is the wait time for landing interview?

Please advice as best as you can. Thank you!
I have the exact same situation here. My Ecas shows DM on both sides since Sat night. Can't wait to hear from them...:)