+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi Oldmacwright,

Thank you!

Do you know how long it will be before I hear from them?
I'm not sure but from what I read here it's pretty fast, they should be in contact soon or so to arrange the landing interview.

Sure some more senior members will tell you more details, we applied August so happy to see cases like yours move along speedily as you were out of status too? (like my wife).

Reactions: melissaj

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I'm not sure but from what I read here it's pretty fast, they should be in contact soon or so to arrange the landing interview.

Sure some more senior members will tell you more details, we applied August so happy to see cases like yours move along speedily as you were out of status too? (like my wife).

Yes I was so worried about the out of status part.

Thank you and good luck. I hope you hear something soon as well.

Reactions: Oldmacwright

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Did

Did you do your application yourself or a lawyer, or does it make any difference in processing time?
I did it myself. Took me like a whole month to get it done and it was stressful.
But i dont think it matters how u do it. My case was straightforward and was married for 2 years before i sent in my application. I got only SA. No Aip. No DM. Just a call from an officer and landed two days later.

sakura_hana17

Feb 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
05-02-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
03-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-05-2019
Update - May 2017 applicant

Hi all,
I would like to thank everyone for sharing their timelines and stories. It really helped me stay positive. I just received AIP this morning and I have been scheduled for a confirmation of permanent residence interview. My timeline is below:

1. Application received: May 23, 2017
2. Sched A requested: June 21, 2017 (I sent PCCs with my app)
3. Medical requested: last week of Jan, 2018 (submitted in three days and medical passed in One Week from the date of submission {as seen on my CIC} )
4. No SA email yet.
5. AIP: March 16, 2018 (received an email in my CIC profile requesting an appointment with a local IRCC office for confirmation of permanent residence)

So there might not be updates on ECAS and you may not receive documents/correspondence in the same order as others. Each case is indeed unique and eventually you shall all get there. Stay positive and continue achieving your goals!

Thanks again everyone and good luck!
Congratulations! That is a really great news :) As my application was received on May 26th which is only a couple of days later than yours and I also received my medical request after you - the first week of Feb. So I am hoping my AIP will come within this month!! Thank you so much for sharing your information. Good luck with your landing interview!

Reactions: Mr U

pops62

Mar 17, 2018
Congratulations! That is a really great news :) As my application was received on May 26th which is only a couple of days later than yours and I also received my medical request after you - the first week of Feb. So I am hoping my AIP will come within this month!! Thank you so much for sharing your information. Good luck with your landing interview!
Hello everyone I have been reading this forum for some time now and I just decided to join today. I am May 2017 applicant I submitted upfront medical. Since they asked for police reports June last year I hear nothing since from CIC. I do hope to hear something soon.
Did

Did you do your application yourself or a lawyer, or does it make any difference in processing time?

Hello everyone I have been reading this forum for some time now and I just decided to join today. I am May 2017 applicant I submitted upfront medical. Since they asked for police reports June last year I hear nothing since from CIC. I do hope to hear something soon.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Good morning all,

As explained in my earlier comments, I have a representative so most updates CIC sends me goes to them. However, I have access to my online account which only give brief information.

Last night after 12pm I signed in and check my status and it says Decision Made (I got excited :)), then I signed in my husband's account and its says :

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: Decision Made (even more excited)

I did not received any email or letter stating that a Decision has been Made.

Can someone please what this mean? Should I be excited? How long after DM is made does CIC informs you? Thank you in advance!
Congratulations.
It is good news . I am out status as well . When one of us get this it’s relive and it’s good they r moving.

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Congratulations.
It is good news . I am out status as well . When one of us get this it’s relive and it’s good they r moving.
Oh I know. I taught mine would be longer because I was out of status for almost 5 years, but I am grateful if it a success. I still don't know whats next. Hang in there. That's all I did and although it was overwhelming I had to go through it. I wish only success for you and everyone else thats going through this process.

Reactions: jeet07

Bahamaboy

Mar 6, 2018
Congratulations, what is really bugging me is that we've received this email stating that "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.", but no further information.... No date for the interview just this request to wait for a contact.....

***My timeline is on my signature.
Any update of a date set for a interview. .I got a buddy waiting also for a date

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Goodevening everyone.

Just a quick question,
Me and my husband were planning of temporary renting a place near his work that was own by his company. I probably also get a job down there. So basically, we are just going to stay there during the weekdays and back to his parents house on weekends. And also we are only planning of being there just before winter, cause my husband do only seasonal job.

Was it consider changing address?
Do i need to inform CIC about this or there will be no problem since the address we provided them which is my husband's parents house, where we live now was really our permanent address?

Thankyou for the help guys.
Hi guys can anyone answer this.pls. thankyou so much

YousifBreesam

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hello, I'm May 11 in land applicant. They requested my Schedule A and a copy of my passport teo days ago. They also asked me to use WebForm to upload my documents, which I did, but I forgot to date the Schedule A. I signed but did not date it, what can I do now?

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
yeah i think i saw dec 9 dec 12 dec 14 and dec 2os got theirs..but i think no one from 11 yet ..lol so yeah hofefully next week
Anyone know if Dec applicants who have had OWP approved sent as part of the application or separate to Vergeville?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Hi guys can anyone answer this.pls. thankyou so much
i don’t think it’s necessary to tell cic if you will only stay there temporarily, specially you will still go home in the weekends. as long as you don’t change mailing address or moved permanently i think there is no need.

louisstilling

Dec 14, 2017
I received my OWP in the mail on Wednesday. I scooted down to Services Canada and had a SIN within 15 minutes!

It looks like wrong-fee-paid OWP applications are taking just under three months from the date Vegreville receives it. It is taking less than a week between the approval email and the physical mail arriving at your door.

I struggled to link my OWP and only managed it by eventually calling CIC. It turns out that CIC did not capture my passport number on my OWP application, so the trick was to use the city of birth exactly as I had entered it on my application (which was City, State and not City). For anyone struggling to link an OWP application, try not using the passport #.

PR App Rec'd: 10-Oct-2017
AOR: 05-Dec-2017
OWP App Rec'd: 18-Dec-2017 (2nd time - wrong fee)
OWP approved: 9-Mar-2018
OWP received: 14-Mar-2018

Good luck to everyone still waiting on their OWPs!
Congrats on the work permit! Must be a relief!