AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
OK, after 4 days of silence I got a "Landing Interview" email today. They wrote a local immigration office will contact me (by a regular letter, I assume) re: date/time of the interview.
Waiting for a letter now, hope, it won't take several weeks.

Why did you assume that it will be "by a regular letter"? For me it sounds like they are going to call you for a phone interview. Can you share the content of the letter with us?

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
That's a good question.
Well, I read several forum discussions and it seemed to me that people get phone interview only when they live somewhere in remote area (remote in relation to the nearest CIC office).
Also, several people wrote that they got a letter (not an email) with date/time of the appointment. So, I was under the impression that a letter notification is a regular way for the appointment notification. However, theoretically they can call to book an appointment.

It would be nice to hear from people who already had their interview scheduled - was it letter/email/call and was it phone or in-person interview?

J and M

Jan 23, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a question about Schedule A and can't find an answer anywhere. I want to upload an explanation letter with my Schedule A to clarify some parts of personal history, where would you upload something like that?

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
That's a good question.
Well, I read several forum discussions and it seemed to me that people get phone interview only when they live somewhere in remote area (remote in relation to the nearest CIC office).
Also, several people wrote that they got a letter (not an email) with date/time of the appointment. So, I was under the impression that a letter notification is a regular way for the appointment notification. However, theoretically they can call to book an appointment.

It would be nice to hear from people who already had their interview scheduled - was it letter/email/call and was it phone or in-person interview?
This is what I received for my phone interview

"Dear abcdmud:

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

You have been selected to participate in a telephone interview for the purpose of obtaining permanent resident (PR) status in Canada. Your application for permanent residence will be finalized during a telephone interview that has been scheduled for:

Date: MARCH 5, 2018

Time: xxxxx

Duration of interview: 15 minutes

Please confirm your and your sponsor’s presence by completing the attendance form by February 6, 2018 in order for our office to send you further instructions. "

Reactions: Mutato_KT

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
That's a good question.

I received an email with date/time for an in-person interview.

On another note, can anyone who's been through the process elaborate on the procedure, questions asked, etc.?

Also, I have to travel with an airplane for work within Canada before the interview. That should not be a problem, correct?

Reactions: Noslord2003

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
I received an email with date/time for an in-person interview.

On another note, can anyone who's been through the process elaborate on the procedure, questions asked, etc.?

Also, I have to travel with an airplane for work within Canada before the interview. That should not be a problem, correct?
Flying will be no problem. Me and my wife flew within Canada last year and she doesn't even have any status, there are no questions asked in terms of what status you hold (or not) as you are staying within Canada so wont have to go through any customs.

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
This is what I received for my phone interview

"Dear abcdmud:

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

You have been selected to participate in a telephone interview for the purpose of obtaining permanent resident (PR) status in Canada. Your application for permanent residence will be finalized during a telephone interview that has been scheduled for:

Date: MARCH 5, 2018

Time: xxxxx

Duration of interview: 15 minutes

Please confirm your and your sponsor’s presence by completing the attendance form by February 6, 2018 in order for our office to send you further instructions. "
Thank you for the reply.
I got a message to my personal email. It starts almost the same - "we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed". And after they wrote that a local CIC office will contact me to book date/time of the interview.

Did you get your email to MyCIC or to personal email box?
Are you in a smaller city or somewhere like Toronto/Winnipeg/Montreal/etc.? (just interesting why they chose phone interview for you).

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Thank you for the reply.
I got a message to my personal email. It starts almost the same - "we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed". And after they wrote that a local CIC office will contact me to book date/time of the interview.

Did you get your email to MyCIC or to personal email box?
Are you in a smaller city or somewhere like Toronto/Winnipeg/Montreal/etc.? (just interesting why they chose phone interview for you).
this is exactly the same thing that I got yesterday, but in my case they specifically said that Etobicoke IRCC will contact me. Right now we have no ideia on how and when they're going to contact. For the record we are located in Toronto.

neevan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
this is exactly the same thing that I got yesterday, but in my case they specifically said that Etobicoke IRCC will contact me. Right now we have no ideia on how and when they're going to contact. For the record we are located in Toronto.
Can you provide me your timelines?