+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Bears

Nov 28, 2017
Today my work permit finally got approved after waiting for almost 7 months! :D I'm an mid-August applicant, and I honestly thought it would never happen at this rate. Contacted them last month to find out what was going on (I thought the lack of FBI background check was holding it up), and apparently CIC made an error on my application (the was confusion due to a name change and they thought I was two different people) and put me under not having status even though I did. The guy on the phone told me everything will be sorted out and I might be able to get it soon...and now it is finally approved! I am so happy!

Reactions: Coridel

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
March 2nd will be the exact 12 month from I submitted the applications; I got the email from CIC asking for employment letter from SA on February and since then pindrop silence .... I guess it’s still on stage 1; can’t wait till it end !!

Dreamerforever

Jan 9, 2018
Hi guys,

So i'm wondering... we had our OWP returned because of incomplete fees. We applied for restoration of status a month ago, because by that point my husband's visitor status had expired. Is there any way to link that application online? Does anyone know? I tried to look under Visitor on myCIC but there was nothing there, I don't think?

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
@Jonesk9

This is the long-standing $64,000 question. How long is too long? Yes, a SCLP application inland does have the requirement that both parties live together, in Canada. They do permit the applicant to leave (the sponsor can, if they are a Canadian citizen -- PR's must remain in Canada during processing). Usually less than 1 month is acceptable typically. I have heard of cases being refused for being away less than 1 month -- but the more common number is 1 month seems to be ok.
Thanks for this information! Could you please let me know where you got this: the sponsor can, if they are a Canadian citizen -- PR's must remain in Canada during processing
And the cases you mentioned were refused for being away less than 1 month, is that for sponsor or for PA? I'm just trying to figure out if a short vacation would be ok for either the sponsor or PA and sponsor!

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
March 2nd will be the exact 12 month from I submitted the applications; I got the email from CIC asking for employment letter from SA on February and since then pindrop silence .... I guess it’s still on stage 1; can’t wait till it end !!
March 15... I got an email today requesting fingerprint from Canada.. :(

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hi guys,

So i'm wondering... we had our OWP returned because of incomplete fees. We applied for restoration of status a month ago, because by that point my husband's visitor status had expired. Is there any way to link that application online? Does anyone know? I tried to look under Visitor on myCIC but there was nothing there, I don't think?
You should be able to - try under Temporary Residence and Temporary Resident Visa.

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
March 15... I got an email today requesting fingerprint from Canada.. :(
Finger print. Did you come to Canada initially on Visa

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
I received an email with date/time for an in-person interview.

On another note, can anyone who's been through the process elaborate on the procedure, questions asked, etc.?

Also, I have to travel with an airplane for work within Canada before the interview. That should not be a problem, correct?
Congrats . So you will probably be asked 2 or 3 questions. Make sure you are there with your spouse. They will ask questions like if you are still together and they might also remind her of the sponsorship conditions. Then congratulate you and make you sign your COPR

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Hello

I am March 15 , 2017 applicant . I received this letter today :

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must provide an RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints.....

Is this normal?.. I though Police Cleareance from Canada is conducted by CIC.
Please advise! @profiler
Now I understand you didn't do the RCMP CHECK that's why. Go do it it's like $30 I guess. I did mine when they asked for police clearance I did for my home country and Canada together.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Now I understand you didn't do the RCMP CHECK that's why. Go do it it's like $30 I guess. I did mine when they asked for police clearance I did for my home country and Canada together.
I did in the morming .. $50.. They will send it to CIC as requested. I was told it takes 1-3 weeks to process.. anyways at least they open my file.. Thanks

Reactions: Noslord2003

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Vistor Visa, Refugee ( rejected) PRRA rejected..Been in Canada for 5 years.
It's the RCMP CRIMINAL check. So it's different from immigration finger print. I did that too during my application. So that won't be any problem. They just wanna make sure you have no criminal record.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks for this information! Could you please let me know where you got this: the sponsor can, if they are a Canadian citizen -- PR's must remain in Canada during processing
And the cases you mentioned were refused for being away less than 1 month, is that for sponsor or for PA? I'm just trying to figure out if a short vacation would be ok for either the sponsor or PA and sponsor!
I have some stuff do to tonight, so I am mobile. Reading IRPA and IRPR on the phone is not so simple. Google: Canada IRPA . You can also find the control bits within IP-8 Operations Manual (google: cic ip-8). If you want to wait until later on, I can post the exact verbage.

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
M
I did in the morming .. $50.. They will send it to CIC as requested. I was told it takes 1-3 weeks to process.. anyways at least they open my file.. Thanks[/QUO
I did in the morming .. $50.. They will send it to CIC as requested. I was told it takes 1-3 weeks to process.. anyways at least they open my file.. Thanks
Mine took 10 days and i got a message from the RCMP telling me I have no criminal record.

Reactions: EGH