Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
i took my wife to service canada yesterday to apply for OHIP. we brought with us her newly issued OWP, passport and other valid IDs. unfortunately they won’t issue OHIP unless she has a full time job. they need a letter from her employer. she’s still looking for a job since we just got the OWP last monday.
Oh, good to know!! Thanks for sharing - hope your wife finds work soon!

Reactions: marvz21

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
My wife's visitor visa expires mid-April. We're still waiting for her OWP. I know OWP tends to come in around 4 months according to the spreadsheet, but I'm such a worry wart. I'm a planner and do not like last minute stuff. What I'd like to know if we do not get her OWP before her visitor visa expires, is she able to stay in Canada until OWP arrives? We hardly have any money to fly her home.
I'm on the same timeline as you guys! App received December 21st and my visitor visa expires in late March. She has implied status if the OWP application was complete and wasn't sent back (I've linked mine online so that I know for sure it's being processed) so no need to worry :) I'm a worry wart too haha, but this forum helps a lot!!

Reactions: HomeAgain17

TheImmigrator

Apr 24, 2017
Hello!
I have some questions about the OWP.
me and my husband applied for PR +OWP in October. We got the AOR Dec. 18th, and got our OWP returned at the same time because of insufficient funds. We mailed the OWP app with 155$ to Vegreville and it was received Dec. 20th. We managed to link the OWP application a few weeks later.
Then two days ago my husband got a message on his account that his OWP application was cancelled because it was incomplete, with a letter saying that the correct fee is $255. We again mailed the entire application that same day with the 255$.
So, my question is - does anyone have a definitive answer as to what the correct fee for an open work permit application is? will it be returned again due to insufficient fees?
second, will it take another 6-8 weeks to process, or will we be able to get it sooner? is it completely "cancelled" and we need to start again, or will they continue processing once they get the package with the full fees?
and third - how does one contact the CIC? do they have a phone no.? I haven't found any way to contact them by phone on the website.
Thanks!
I think this is happening to me too. I applied for OWP early Dec. Got a message early Feb saying fees not sufficient since I had only sent $100 and asked for another $155. I will send it out again now. I called CIC and they told me that they will start fresh on the OWP application. The previous application is cancelled so it will take the normal processing time. 1-888-242-2100

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
I think this is happening to me too. I applied for OWP early Dec. Got a message early Feb saying fees not sufficient since I had only sent $100 and asked for another $155. I will send it out again now. I called CIC and they told me that they will start fresh on the OWP application. The previous application is cancelled so it will take the normal processing time. 1-888-242-2100
So sorry to hear that yet another person had this problem... I've lost count of how many people have experienced this (myself included) and that's just from this forum!! How can they not see that the system needs to be changed?? They need to simply combine the fees into one or state more clearly the total amount owing and they will save many people a lot of trouble and headaches and stress.. :confused:

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
i took my wife to service canada yesterday to apply for OHIP. we brought with us her newly issued OWP, passport and other valid IDs. unfortunately they won’t issue OHIP unless she has a full time job. they need a letter from her employer. she’s still looking for a job since we just got the OWP last monday.
Yeah, that sucks. But what sucks even more that once she gets a job, she will have to work full time for 6 months before she can apply for OHIP.

raa

Feb 11, 2018
Hi everyone! On the last January 24, I applied for my visitor stay extension since I didn't receive my AOR in that moment and my stay was about to "expire"(so I applied under a valid visitor status).
I applied for PR + OWP and received my AOR on January 26 and I already linked my PR and OWP apps to my CIC account.

Is it right that if they are processing my OWP I have implied status? And, is there a way to withdraw my visitor stays extension and have the fee refund?

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
Just logged into My GCKey and noticed our OWP said 'updated' - OUR OWP WAS APPROVED!!! Received at Vegreville Nov 22 after resubmitting from original application Sep 5. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO MEEEEE!
Congrats!!! What's your PR application status? Did you received AIP? Some agents told me that when you send it to vegreiville you have to wait for that, but I'm not sure they knew what they were talking about. Hopefully mone comes soon :/

Reactions: Noslord2003

raa

Feb 11, 2018
Hi again!
How can I tell when my app was received at Vegreville? I sent my PR + OWP to CPC Mississauga on December 12 and they received on December 13, but on my OWP said that the app was received on December 6 o_O

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Congrats!!! What's your PR application status? Did you received AIP? Some agents told me that when you send it to vegreiville you have to wait for that, but I'm not sure they knew what they were talking about. Hopefully mone comes soon :/
No I'm not even close to AIP! I heard that as well from someone but it is most definitely very untrue - the only time you have to wait for AIP to receive your OWP is if you applied when you are out of status. My background check has only just started processing not too long ago. We've got a bit to wait still for PR! I hope yours comes soon too! What is your timeline?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hi again!
How can I tell when my app was received at Vegreville? I sent my PR + OWP to CPC Mississauga on December 12 and they received on December 13, but on my OWP said that the app was received on December 6 o_O
At least it's earlier and not later! I've heard several people have had the same thing - I wouldn't worry too much!

Dec 25, 2017
Have you received any updates after your Sch A/ med request? What does your CIC say? My sponsor's review of eligibility has not been started yet... still in background check...
My medical was sent with the application, it says "Your medical exams have been received" for about 3 months now! The Sch A and police check was requested in the end of March and they confirmed receiving it on April. I don't know for sure where they are in the processing because I don't have access to my Gkey since I have a imm consultant, but the answer I got from CIC after asking for updates is that "Everything appears to be in order with the application, rest assured that you will be informed as soon as the decision is reached or if additional information is needed." So I guess we are close to the end!

When exactly did you submitted you app?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
I am Dec 11th applicant. I've seen earlier that someone who applied Dec 9th got OWP already. But I think it was a real luck. Honestly expecting mine by the middle of March, but you never know
I don't think that person got OWP approval, if it's the same person I'm thinking of - they had submitted and recently got AOR so that might have been confused as OWP approval. However, my OWP was resubmitted Nov 22 and we got approved yesterday

Reactions: SunnyK17