+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
i have no idea when it started. i have a rep on my app and he barely checks (i have to force him to check the account as per him, he will receive email notification - which i know is true but just want to stay on top of things).

does MyCIC show when did background check start ?
Hi,
I do have a lawyer as well. I always call CIC directly to check my application. Agent on phone can tell when did they started the background check. I advise you call CIC in the morning around 8 AM, you just wait for 10-15 mins to talk to an agent :)

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hi I have question here regarding work permit. Do cic email to link the work permit online or we have to do it by ourself?
There is no AOR for work permit so you just need to keep trying to link it yourself. Mine took me nearly 2.5 months to link o_O

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Thank you for the info! Do you know how long I will have to wait now? No idea about the process for Spouse since I was going to do my own Express Entry (study-work) but decided to go with Family- Spouse.

Submitted application form: Last week of December 2017
Got the letter and Schedule A and PC request by January 12, 2018.
and I just submitted the Sched A and PC on Feb 12, 2018.

I was a student here before and have my own open work permit still for 3 years. Got married and now expecting a baby (next month) that's why I went with Spouse since I can't work FT to finish for my Express entry (2months short). I still qualify but don't want to risk it.
It's a long wait from here still unfortunately... I submitted our PR application (Spousal also) on Sept 5, 2017 - you can see my whole timeline in my signature. We haven't heard anything regarding our application. I only noticed that my background check changed from 'Not Applicable' to 'We are processing your Background Check'. There was no email or anything, just noticed the change on my GCKey

raa

Feb 11, 2018
Where do you see OWP in your CIC account? We sent the OWP with the PR to CPC Mississauga. We submitted the Sch A and PCC the same day we linked the application. The Sch A and PCC status is still "your action is required" even though it was submitted a week ago. I don't see OWP anywhere in the CIC account. Please help. We're anxious to get it before my wife's visitor visa expires in April.
Hi, I sent OWP + PR to CPC Mississauga too. I was able to link my PR Application on January 28th.
You will not receive an OWP Application Number until they are about to take a decision. But you can try to link/find your OWP Application number on your CIC Account.
I tried every day for two weeks after received the PR AOR and I was just able to link the OWP on February 8th. What I did was the following:

Category: Temporary Residence
Sub-category: Work-permit and extension

In Application details: Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth

I didn't fill the Place of Birth

I did put the Passport Information

What type of work permit are you applying for: Open(initial application or extension)

Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

kenan80

Dec 13, 2017
Hi my file received by CIC on 21st of June. I gave medical upfront with my applications. Almost 8 months completed but still no decision. I am in Toronto and my application is inland. Howl long will it gonna take more another 3-4 months ?. I got a good job offer from Germany and I want to stay in Germany for two years and I cannot leave Canada now if I leave they say my application will be terminated. Please tell me that this will end before July. I have to start my job on July 1st in Germany. :(

Reactions: Noslord2003

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Hi my file received by CIC on 21st of June. I gave medical upfront with my applications. Almost 8 months completed but still no decision. I am in Toronto and my application is inland. Howl long will it gonna take more another 3-4 months ?. I got a good job offer from Germany and I want to stay in Germany for two years and I cannot leave Canada now if I leave they say my application will be terminated. Please tell me that this will end before July. I have to start my job on July 1st in Germany. :(
it looks like it takes ircc almost exactly 1 year (+/- a couple of weeks) to complete applications, so you should be fine. worst case, you can withdraw the app and reapply outland.

kenan80

Dec 13, 2017
Hi folks:

Spouse has PR now!! Application received Jan 31, 2017, PCC/Sched A around April, meds done around July, then nothing...until start of Jan we were asked for proof of tenancy (probably because we had moved provinces in the interim). Last week got the final determination letter and attended the appointment this week. No questions asked, just passports checked and stamped, and told to go to Service Canada to get a new SIN. :) Good luck to everyone waiting!

AR
So all the process took 10 - 11 months right ?

Reactions: HomeAgain17

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Can someone share the email ID from which AOR will be received? Somebody recent?

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
It's a long wait from here still unfortunately... I submitted our PR application (Spousal also) on Sept 5, 2017 - you can see my whole timeline in my signature. We haven't heard anything regarding our application. I only noticed that my background check changed from 'Not Applicable' to 'We are processing your Background Check'. There was no email or anything, just noticed the change on my GCKey
This is what mine says.. I don't know what the list below means. Just "it is processing". So all I have to do is wait now? I only waited like 1.5months for now.. Do you have any idea what will be the next steps after Sched A and PC?

Application status We are processing your application.

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.