Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; min-height: 14.0px} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Arial} span.s1 {font: 12.0px Arial}

• At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

This is what I received from them..
Yes this is the message I got also - however there is a line on the website somewhere stating that you do not need a PC for Canada unless specifically requested. Since they are the Canadian government and have those details on file, I assume! So you will be fine with just police clearances from any other country or countries you have spent that time in.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm March Applicant Inland. I call CIC and they said they completed my background check, and they start reviewing my eligibility now. Can someone tell me how long from now will i get the DM ? Thanksss
Hi

Can you please share your timeline ? I am March 10th applicant (app received) and it still says background check in progress on MyCIC.

Has your MyCIC status changed ?

Reactions: polar25

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; min-height: 14.0px} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Arial} span.s1 {font: 12.0px Arial}

• At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

This is what I received from them..
This is the line I am referring to - it's from the CIC website:

Do I need to provide a police certificate for my time in Canada?

You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada. If required, a Canadian criminal record check will be conducted. You may be asked to provide fingerprints or additional information later, if we need it to complete the check.

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
Yes this is the message I got also - however there is a line on the website somewhere stating that you do not need a PC for Canada unless specifically requested. Since they are the Canadian government and have those details on file, I assume! So you will be fine with just police clearances from any other country or countries you have spent that time in.
That's good to know. You only send the one from the other country right? Hopefully they won't need the Canada PC from me so it won't waste any time.. Have you been living here in Canada as well?

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hi

Can you please share your timeline ? I am March 10th applicant (app received) and it still says background check in progress on MyCIC.

Has your MyCIC status changed ?
Hi,

my Ecas did not change yet, but CIC agent on the phone confirmed with me that they really completed my background check, security check and criminal check are all passed and they are now reviewing my eligibility. My timeline:
App sent 02 March 2017
Medical passed in July 2017
Background check started in Oct 2017

Do you get any update ? When did they start your background check ?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
That's good to know. You only send the one from the other country right? Hopefully they won't need the Canada PC from me so it won't waste any time.. Have you been living here in Canada as well?
Yes I only submitted one from Australia - it's for my husband and he had spent 7-8 months on Canada previously as well as had been living in Canada for 5 months when we submitted. I asked around a lot also because I didn't want to waste more time, but everyone assured me that a Canadian PC was not needed

sm43226

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
i could link it with my first/last name and birth date. i kept trying it everyday and yesterday, i was finally able to! so if you applied around the same time as us, you will soon be able to as well i'm sure. it has to be in the system.
I could link the OWP application online finally yesterday on feb 12th . And i saw updated today that Background check changed to Not applicable to
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Is this normal !!!

Reactions: HomeAgain17

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi,

my Ecas did not change yet, but CIC agent on the phone confirmed with me that they really completed my background check, security check and criminal check are all passed and they are now reviewing my eligibility. My timeline:
App sent 02 March 2017

I would say it's a matter of a few weeks now, under a month most likely you'll get the SA, AIP and then DM.

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
I could link the OWP application online finally yesterday on feb 12th . And i saw updated today that Background check changed to Not applicable to
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Is this normal !!!
Yes this is normal - this means your application is complete and is being processed!

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018

Is this normal !!!
What is your timeline for your OWP?

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
Yes I only submitted one from Australia - it's for my husband and he had spent 7-8 months on Canada previously as well as had been living in Canada for 5 months when we submitted. I asked around a lot also because I didn't want to waste more time, but everyone assured me that a Canadian PC was not needed
Thank you for the info! Do you know how long I will have to wait now? No idea about the process for Spouse since I was going to do my own Express Entry (study-work) but decided to go with Family- Spouse.

Submitted application form: Last week of December 2017
Got the letter and Schedule A and PC request by January 12, 2018.
and I just submitted the Sched A and PC on Feb 12, 2018.

I was a student here before and have my own open work permit still for 3 years. Got married and now expecting a baby (next month) that's why I went with Spouse since I can't work FT to finish for my Express entry (2months short). I still qualify but don't want to risk it.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

App sent 02 March 2017

i have no idea when it started. i have a rep on my app and he barely checks (i have to force him to check the account as per him, he will receive email notification - which i know is true but just want to stay on top of things).

does MyCIC show when did background check start ?