+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hey everyone.

I thought I would share this with the applicants that haven't submitted their application for their PR yet.
When I submitted all of my papers and forms back in September, I also sent my Police Check and Schedule A.
In the instructions, it says that you may submit your Police Check and Schedule A later. However, you CAN submit it together with all your forms in the beginning.
I was skeptical when I did this, but it worked out and I probably saved myself a couple of weeks of waiting.

Dec 25, 2017
any updates on March 2017 applicants?
March 13, my immigration consultant sent them a follow up letter last week and they said everything was fine that I should hear from them soon with a final answer or a request for more documents. I'm in Quebec and I heard thar processing time here could be longer. I hope not, dying to go visit my family back home!

Good luck to us, I guess we are next in line (fingers crossed)

louisstilling

Dec 14, 2017
Hey folks, hope someone can help me out with a question!

My wife (Sponsor) and I (PA) sent our application for PR and OWP for In-Land Spousal Sponsorshop Dec 1st 2017 – all containing information with her old last name. We've received our AOR – but my wife needs to get a new passport with her new name, as her old one is expiring.
Do we need to contact immigration and inform them about the change? All of the information and passport information we've given them in our PR application is with her old name.

Cheers, Louis

Catzzz

Jan 25, 2018
March 13, my immigration consultant sent them a follow up letter last week and they said everything was fine that I should hear from them soon with a final answer or a request for more documents. I'm in Quebec and I heard thar processing time here could be longer. I hope not, dying to go visit my family back home!

Good luck to us, I guess we are next in line (fingers crossed)
Have you received any updates after your Sch A/ med request? What does your CIC say? My sponsor's review of eligibility has not been started yet... still in background check...

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would update that I received my OWP in the mail yesterday (February 12th) and it was approved online February 6th.
Quick question, I can now go get my SIN right? I just need to bring in my OWP application and passport I presume?

Thanks!
Awesome, congrats!! Yes, as far as I've heard and understand that's all you need to bring along to Service Canada.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would update that I received my OWP in the mail yesterday (February 12th) and it was approved online February 6th.
Quick question, I can now go get my SIN right? I just need to bring in my OWP application and passport I presume?

Thanks!
That is correct. Check the link - https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/before-applying.html#primary

Temporary residents must provide an original of one of the following:

• Work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  • Study permit issued by IRCC, indicating that you are authorized to work in Canada:
    • a study permit that indicates the permit holder “may accept employment” or “may work” in Canada; or
    • a study permit and a “confirmation to work off campus” letter issued by IRCC prior to February 11, 2015.
      If neither of these requirements is met, you must contact IRCC to verify if you are eligible to apply for an amended study permit.
  • Visitor record issued by IRCC, indicating you are authorized to work in Canada.
  • Diplomatic identity card and a note of permission of employment issued by Global Affairs Canada.

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
Hi all,

Just wondering for my application (Family-Spouse),I already have an open work permit here in Canada since I studied here for years.

I have to submit two police clearance (1 from my country and 1 from Canada) before the due date.. so my concern is I only got one on time (from my country) and still waiting for the Canadian one (they said 5-7days but it has been 9 days now.. probably because it's in Toronto- busiest and has most number of PC request). I submitted my Sched A and Police Clearance without the Canadian PC (however I submitted the receipt (that I requested one from them) and a letter explaining why I didn't have it yet.

Will this affect my application?
Once I received the Canadian Police check can I re-submit? or how will it go?

Thanks!

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hi all,

Just wondering for my application (Family-Spouse),I already have an open work permit here in Canada since I studied here for years.

I have to submit two police clearance (1 from my country and 1 from Canada) before the due date.. so my concern is I only got one on time (from my country) and still waiting for the Canadian one (they said 5-7days but it has been 9 days now.. probably because it's in Toronto- busiest and has most number of PC request). I submitted my Sched A and Police Clearance without the Canadian PC (however I submitted the receipt (that I requested one from them) and a letter explaining why I didn't have it yet.

Will this affect my application?
Once I received the Canadian Police check can I re-submit? or how will it go?

Thanks!
Were you specifically asked for one from Canada? Because generally you do not need to provide a Canadian police certificate unless you were directly requested to.

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
Were you specifically asked for one from Canada? Because generally you do not need to provide a Canadian police certificate unless you were directly requested to.
Nope, but it says on the message to get one if you reside in the country for more then 6 months right. I've been here for 4 years now.. Or I should wait until they asked me to provide for it?

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; min-height: 14.0px} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Arial} span.s1 {font: 12.0px Arial}

• At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

This is what I received from them..