Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
You answered your own question. His time outside Canada still counts towards PR requirements because he accompanies you, the spouse, who are a Canadian citizen. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=727&top=4

He needs to keep a journal to where he lives and you guys need to stay together.
I just wanted to make sure that it applied even if we literally move to Australia shortly after his PR is received. I thought maybe this only applied to extended holidays or something like that. Thanks for your reply!

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Hi! I didn't know we could submit an online application, I will let someone else on the forum confirm that.

I applied on paper the 1st week of Jan. From what I am seeing it will take atleast 8 weeks to link the application to our mycic profile. I think once we link, we can show our employers that it has been received and they are working on it.

My employer is also asking for the same. even after I told them the current situation and how long it is taking.
Hi, thanks for your answer! I just confirmed with IRCC that we can only send applications by paper. And about the confirmation of implied status, the agent sent me an email that I can attach to the tracking number of my mailed application as a proof to my employer that I am under implied status. So maybe if you call and request the same they will send it to you.

In my case, if in 8 weeks I can link the application I would still be in time to show them. But better safe than sorry!

Good luck!

Reactions: abcdmud

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi, thanks for your answer! I just confirmed with IRCC that we can only send applications by paper. And about the confirmation of implied status, the agent sent me an email that I can attach to the tracking number of my mailed application as a proof to my employer that I am under implied status. So maybe if you call and request the same they will send it to you.

In my case, if in 8 weeks I can link the application I would still be in time to show them. But better safe than sorry!

Good luck!
A CIC agent?

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Yeah, the call center representative sent me the implied status info by email and told me I that could use that (along with the tracking number + copy of my application) as support of my implied status condition.
Thank you! I will do that if my employer insists on some information.

My HR Manager has no idea what we have to go through. She asked me why I don't automatically get my PR & citizenship if I married a Canadian...LOL.. I had to explain to her the entire process.... Some people will never understand or know how much we have to go through. I spend a lot of time worrying about my application, and I hope I hear from CIC soon.

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
Quick question everyone,

I am currently waiting for my OWP and I saw someone post early how theirs was only issued up until passport expires.
My passport is expiring in December of this year, does this mean my OWP will be expiring then as well once I receive it?

I have planned on getting a new one in a few months and when I do, will I need to reapply for another OWP or can I just send them my new passport information and they update what would be my current OWP?

Reactions: vaneizaguirre

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Quick question everyone,

I am currently waiting for my OWP and I saw someone post early how theirs was only issued up until passport expires.
My passport is expiring in December of this year, does this mean my OWP will be expiring then as well once I receive it?

I have planned on getting a new one in a few months and when I do, will I need to reapply for another OWP or can I just send them my new passport information and they update what would be my current OWP?
Yes, sadly they only give you a work permit until your passport is valid.

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Thank you! I will do that if my employer insists on some information.

My HR Manager has no idea what we have to go through. She asked me why I don't automatically get my PR & citizenship if I married a Canadian...LOL.. I had to explain to her the entire process.... Some people will never understand or know how much we have to go through. I spend a lot of time worrying about my application, and I hope I hear from CIC soon.
Yeah, HR people have no idea! Like if the PR and Canadian passport were waiting for you at the city hall after the marriage signature....
But at least we have some options! Let me know if you get any update or need anything!

Reactions: abcdmud

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Quick question everyone,

Yeah, they would only issue a WP until the expiry date of your passport.

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

gherkin86

Aug 11, 2014
Hello,

I have been trying to link my OWP to my cic account and every time I try it says our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

It has said this for a week now. Has anyone else had this issue and found a way around it?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hello,

I have been trying to link my OWP to my cic account and every time I try it says our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

It has said this for a week now. Has anyone else had this issue and found a way around it?
That's strange... I've also been trying to link my OWP but no luck so far. It doesn't say the system is unavailable however, it just says they can't find any applications that match the details I entered... Have you been using the same computer/device every time? Maybe you need to clear your cache on the computer or re-start the browser? No idea...