Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Question - if my husband receives PR at the end of this year (we applied in Sep 2017), and we move to Australia indefinitely (something came up)... will he lose his status completely so that we did this whole process for nothing? I am a Canadian Citizen, so does this still apply to us for maintaining status in Canada? I got it from this website - https://www.immigrationdirect.ca/immigration-articles/what-you-need-to-know-about-maintaining-permanent-resident-status/index.html

Accompanying a Canadian Citizen Outside of Canada
This limited exception allows you to count days spent outside Canada as fulfilling the residency requirement, but only if you are accompanying your spouse or common-law partner, or if you are a child under 22 years of age and you are accompanying your parent.

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
So I just logged into mycic account the OWP app said updated. Sent in OWP app with PR app in October. I went and looked in it an the only thing changed said the docs we sent have been uploaded?!?!?!? What does that mean?
Apprently it means it’s approved.

***UPDATE OWP APPROVED JANUARY 16, 2018***

Our timeline

App received at CIC via Canada post Oct 16, 2017

AOR (app) December 19, 2017

AOR (spon) December 20, 2017

PR App linked December 21,2017

OWP linked December 21, 2017

OWP received according to mycic October 9, 2017

Schedule A and PC sent December 27, 2017

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi guys!

I applied for OWP together with PR application on paper. Question is - do they ALWAYS ask for medicals before approving OWP? I read the forum, but I have a feeling that not everybody gets that request before receiving their work permits. Basically, do they need my medicals before approving the OWP? Anybody knows?..

Thank and good luck to all!

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi guys!

I applied for OWP together with PR application on paper. Question is - do they ALWAYS ask for medicals before approving OWP? I read the forum, but I have a feeling that not everybody gets that request before receiving their work permits. Basically, do they need my medicals before approving the OWP? Anybody knows?..

Thank and good luck to all!
I didn't have to do a medical before OWP.
Haven't been asked for medical yet.

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
I'm curious to know what everyone's MyCIC and ECAS account pages look like. I often see people posting dates for App Received, AOR, OWP, etc., and I'm just wondering if all of this is supposed to be listed out somewhere on your online account.

I'm a case where I have never received a correspondence from CIC (other than when they received my app), and MyCIC always says "Your Action is Required". I never received a notification about my open work permit being approved (it just showed up in the mail one day). I have called CIC and they told me all of this is fine and not to worry...

I submitted Schedule C and police docs upfront and have not received a medical request yet. My application was received May 1, 2017.

Any insights would be very helpful!

Reactions: HomeAgain17

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
No, that comes much later I think. Think they check spouse is able to sponsor you, then you get OWP (if you paid correct fee and filled in everything). Good luck, hope it comes soon for you!
Hi!
I am still waiting on Sponsor Approval. I am a Feb 2017 applicant. I gave myself till March until I contact CIC, but I am barely seeing Jan 2017 applicants receiving SA's.

Does anyone know if I can get a driver's license if my status is expiring in 2 week? My old one expired in Dec 2017 and it wasn't on the top of my to-do list. I live in Ontario.

Thanks.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Hi!
I am still waiting on Sponsor Approval. I am a Feb 2017 applicant. I gave myself till March until I contact CIC, but I am barely seeing Jan 2017 applicants receiving SA's.

Does anyone know if I can get a driver's license if my status is expiring in 2 week? My old one expired in Dec 2017 and it wasn't on the top of my to-do list. I live in Ontario.

Thanks.
I'm new to Canada, so not an expert, but when I changed my driving licence over last month (Bay St office in Toronto) they only looked at my old UK licence (and took it away). Didn't ask for residency status or anything. Not sure this is required.