App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
I'm curious to know what everyone's MyCIC and ECAS account pages look like. I often see people posting dates for App Received, AOR, OWP, etc., and I'm just wondering if all of this is supposed to be listed out somewhere on your online account.

I'm a case where I have never received a correspondence from CIC (other than when they received my app), and MyCIC always says "Your Action is Required". I never received a notification about my open work permit being approved (it just showed up in the mail one day). I have called CIC and they told me all of this is fine and not to worry...

I submitted Schedule C and police docs upfront and have not received a medical request yet. My application was received May 1, 2017.

Any insights would be very helpful!
i'm an apr 28 applicant. we're using a representative, and the only correspondence they've received so far is the AOR and acknowledgement that ircc received my schedule a. no owp-related correspondence, nothing about them receiving my meds that i sent upfront (i sent a cse last week in regards to the med request/acknowledging receipt of the upfront one). the only thing i have on the applicant's side of ecas is "we received your application on such and such date". i think, because they're trying to rush through the applications, they don't bother keeping applicants up to date until the very end.

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi guys!

I applied for OWP together with PR application on paper. Question is - do they ALWAYS ask for medicals before approving OWP? I read the forum, but I have a feeling that not everybody gets that request before receiving their work permits. Basically, do they need my medicals before approving the OWP? Anybody knows?..

Thank and good luck to all!
Hi guys!

I applied for OWP together with PR application on paper. Question is - do they ALWAYS ask for medicals before approving OWP? I read the forum, but I have a feeling that not everybody gets that request before receiving their work permits. Basically, do they need my medicals before approving the OWP? Anybody knows?..

Thank and good luck to all!
no, but applicants who plans to work in a medical/health field i think do their medical upront so that the owp has no restriction.

Reactions: Wayfarer

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
Febuary 06, 2017 applicant

Aor:February 27th
Pcc & schedule A: February 27th
Medical: june 07th
Medical passed: end of june I don't remember haha
SA: January 16th 2018, well today my wife got her email.

To all january and february 2017 people wish you all the luck!!!!! Now I play the waiting game for my eligibility. How fun.... This is honestly one of the most stressful occurrences, if not the most stressful in my life. So I wish everyone great luck.

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017

To all january and february 2017 people wish you all the luck!!!!! Now I play the waiting game for my eligibility. How fun.... This is honestly one of the most stressful occurrences, if not the most stressful in my life. So I wish everyone great luck.
Keep us posted! I have seen people receiving AIP the day after SA!
Good luck!

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018

Same situation with me

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Oh cool, not too far. I am in Griffentown. Have you learned any French? Im trying to find an affordable place but havent had much luck.

From what I have read I believe you only get your medical insurance after you receive your PR and then have to wait three months after that I think.
As for french didn't find anything yet. Just learning it by my self for now....

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Question - if my husband receives PR at the end of this year (we applied in Sep 2017), and we move to Australia indefinitely (something came up)... will he lose his status completely so that we did this whole process for nothing? I am a Canadian Citizen, so does this still apply to us for maintaining status in Canada? I got it from this website - https://www.immigrationdirect.ca/immigration-articles/what-you-need-to-know-about-maintaining-permanent-resident-status/index.html

Accompanying a Canadian Citizen Outside of Canada
This limited exception allows you to count days spent outside Canada as fulfilling the residency requirement, but only if you are accompanying your spouse or common-law partner, or if you are a child under 22 years of age and you are accompanying your parent.
You answered your own question. His time outside Canada still counts towards PR requirements because he accompanies you, the spouse, who are a Canadian citizen. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=727&top=4

He needs to keep a journal to where he lives and you guys need to stay together.

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Hello, I need to re-submit my OWP application because it was issued with my old passport expiry date.
Can I apply online? If not, how long does it take to get the confirmation of receipt from the Alberta Office? I would need to show it to my employer as a proof of implied status.

Thanks!

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Just received the landing interview email today, it came directly with no Sponsor Approval, no AIP, no Decision Made. Still no updates in Mycic account since Medical done. So it is roughly one year.
Awesome congrats happy to see some moment for January apps.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Just received the landing interview email today, it came directly with no Sponsor Approval, no AIP, no Decision Made. Still no updates in Mycic account since Medical done. So it is roughly one year.
Congratulations

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Congratulations. When did you apply?
Do you mind sharing your timeline?

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Congratulations.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hello, I need to re-submit my OWP application because it was issued with my old passport expiry date.
Can I apply online? If not, how long does it take to get the confirmation of receipt from the Alberta Office? I would need to show it to my employer as a proof of implied status.

Thanks!
Hi! I didn't know we could submit an online application, I will let someone else on the forum confirm that.

I applied on paper the 1st week of Jan. From what I am seeing it will take atleast 8 weeks to link the application to our mycic profile. I think once we link, we can show our employers that it has been received and they are working on it.

My employer is also asking for the same. even after I told them the current situation and how long it is taking.

Reactions: vaneizaguirre

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
I'm curious to know what everyone's MyCIC and ECAS account pages look like. I often see people posting dates for App Received, AOR, OWP, etc., and I'm just wondering if all of this is supposed to be listed out somewhere on your online account.

I'm a case where I have never received a correspondence from CIC (other than when they received my app), and MyCIC always says "Your Action is Required". I never received a notification about my open work permit being approved (it just showed up in the mail one day). I have called CIC and they told me all of this is fine and not to worry...

I submitted Schedule C and police docs upfront and have not received a medical request yet. My application was received May 1, 2017.

Any insights would be very helpful!
I'm the same so far - AOR only and then correspondence when my OWP app was returned, but nothing since I've resubmitted and nothing about our PR app. MyCIC also read Your Action is Required. Wish they could be a little less vague with the process and try to keep us in the loop a bit more!