+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
.. we only have to wait for the OWP :(
i sent mine originally on August 5th but it was return because of insufficient funds. Like most of the people, i forgot the $155 :(
to be fair, i dont think the instructions are clear enough about that. I resubmitted on Oct 5th. My wife could be working by now! (not that she is complaining about not doing it :p
XD

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
No I haven't. I wasn't sure if things were just behind or the police certificate requested for the background check for the PR application is holding things up for the OWP too. May have to contact them soon
I would call them this week to find out what's going on - you're past the 4 month mark

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
..a quick question, does this mean they havent even start looking at the application for OWP yet?

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

thanks

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Question,,
At what point do we start paying for domestic fees at universities?
I read somewhere that after you pass Phase 1 of approval of sponsorship. Is that correct?
When is phase 1? When the sponsor gets approved?

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
..a quick question, does this mean they havent even start looking at the application for OWP yet?

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

thanks
My guess is that once you see updated on your My CIC, check if the wording changes to they are reviewing your eligibility. A day or two after that update, you will know the final decision.

Reactions: eduardo.arellano

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hello everyone!

Package received Dec 11th. 2017

According to your posts I counted that it supposed to be around 56 days till they will send AOR and about another 30 to receive OWP.

Anyone here from Quebec? Can you tell me please when do they ask to apply for CSQ and if there's any information regarding the waiting time for CSQ? Thanks!
Sponsor received email requesting to apply for CSQ 3 days after I received my AOR,apply for csq at the same week and took 4 weeks to receive csq at home.. pretty quick

Reactions: SunnyK17

Hafsa_ahmed

Jan 3, 2018
I sent in my application to Mississauga processing centre on November 14th and I still haven’t received AOR1. Should I be worried?

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
My OWP was approved today :)

Online in MyCIC - not received in post yet.

App received 3rd Oct 2017
congrat! when did you link the OWP application to your online account successfully? and when does the online account indicate the date of receipt of your OWP application?please advise. thanks.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
congrat! when did you link the OWP application to your online account successfully? and when does the online account indicate the date of receipt of your OWP application?please advise. thanks.
Thanks. I waited a week I think before linking it.

Online account says "date submitted: dec 10th" - not sure if this is date I linked it?

Pretty sure it used to say the date submitted as the day I entered Canada (a week before the date of my PR app received) if that helps? Think they use different dates there. I remember being surprised by what it said, if that's what you're getting at?

Reactions: marcewang

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
.. we only have to wait for the OWP :(
i sent mine originally on August 5th but it was return because of insufficient funds. Like most of the people, i forgot the $155 :(
to be fair, i dont think the instructions are clear enough about that. I resubmitted on Oct 5th. My wife could be working by now! (not that she is complaining about not doing it :p
XD
i am in the same situation. I applied end of September and people that were on my same schedule already have their OWP. I looked over everything when i submitted my application and thats the only thing i missed. the 155 dollar payment!!! So frustating! Anyways good luck!

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks. I waited a week I think before linking it.

Online account says "date submitted: dec 10th" - not sure if this is date I linked it?

Pretty sure it used to say the date submitted as the day I entered Canada (a week before the date of my PR app received) if that helps? Think they use different dates there. I remember being surprised by what it said, if that's what you're getting at?
Thanks