Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Our application was received September 6 and we got AOR September 11. Schedule A was requested November 18 and sent in December 11. Still waiting on that OWP! We also haven't been able to link our account still.
That's so fast! Our app was received Sep 5 but we didn't get AOR until Oct 31. OWP was returned and resubmitted Nov 15... still waiting :'(

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hey Everyone,

They just changed my background status from " not applicable" to " in progress". My application was received on August 17th. I assume that we should get a request for a medical exam pretty soon.

Good Luck to Everyone.
Interesting to hear as my wifes app is around the same timescales as yours so hopefully we see a change soon as nothing has happened so far since we sent in Schedule A (around 13th October)

Not sure how quick the medical request will be as last I read here June (maybe even some May) apps were still waiting?, anyone got any further updates on that?

I was thinking it would be at least February before she gets the medical request.

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Sponsor received email requesting to apply for CSQ 3 days after I received my AOR,apply for csq at the same week and took 4 weeks to receive csq at home.. pretty quick
Thank you for your answer! Hopefully it will go fast! Do you know anything about the medical card? If we can to apply for one after CSQ? Or only after the actual PR received?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hello!
Our timelines are almost similar.
My husband has sponsored me as he already has PR
Application Received by CIC on Sep 01 2017
OWP Returned for same reason (missing $155) and resubmitted around mid November 2017
PCC and SheduleA submitted in Dec. 03, 2017
After this, there is no communication for either PR or OWP application. Do you have any update on yours? Also, CIC haven't asked for my medical exams. What about you?
We are very similar in our timelines..
mine is in my signature - OWP resubmitted Nov 15 but haven't heard anything since

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
i am in the same situation. I applied end of September and people that were on my same schedule already have their OWP. I looked over everything when i submitted my application and thats the only thing i missed. the 155 dollar payment!!! So frustating! Anyways good luck!
Yes, we were exactly the same. It is so unclear with the fees. It doesn't mention anything about two fees on the checklist. SO frustrating. My husband could be working and supporting our family by now, instead we are only just keeping our heads above water and praying every day for OWP approval to come very soon

Lukum.1991

Feb 26, 2016
Brampton
Category........
Hello all, I want to share my timeline.

Applied for Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
Sep 8/17- app sent
Sep 11/17 - app arrived at Mississauga office
Nov 23/17 - AOR
Nov 23/17 - Sched A and PCC requested
Dec 12/17 - app linked to CIC account
Jan 4/18 - OWP Approved for 2 years
Now wait for 4 or more months for medical req.

But I am happy for work permit, Best of Luck all other applicants. :):)

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get your Police Certificate back from the FBI?
I sent it from Montreal and am worried it may not arrive by the time I need to submit it. (If this does happen how would i go about that?)

Thanks!

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get your Police Certificate back from the FBI?
I sent it from Montreal and am worried it may not arrive by the time I need to submit it. (If this does happen how would i go about that?)

Thanks!
When did you submit it? The application i sent for my wife reached FBI on Dec 12. I expect it to be processed by mid March. In the mean time i submitted a letter of explanation saying that i have applied for it with the FBi but due to their extended processing time, i do not have it right now and will upload it when i get it. It worked for me the last time when i was applying through express entry.

Her application reached CPC- M on November 14 and we got AOR on Jan 4th. OWP will most likely be returned due to insufficient funds.

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016

Thanks!
I believe they are processing applications they received in the last week on Sept 2017 right now

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Hello all, I want to share my timeline.

Applied for Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
Sep 8/17- app sent
Sep 11/17 - app arrived at Mississauga office
Nov 23/17 - AOR
Nov 23/17 - Sched A and PCC requested
Dec 12/17 - app linked to CIC account
Jan 4/18 - OWP Approved for 2 years
Now wait for 4 or more months for medical req.

But I am happy for work permit, Best of Luck all other applicants. :):)
Congratulations. Happy for you.

Reactions: Lukum.1991

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
When did you submit it? The application i sent for my wife reached FBI on Dec 12. I expect it to be processed by mid March. In the mean time i submitted a letter of explanation saying that i have applied for it with the FBi but due to their extended processing time, i do not have it right now and will upload it when i get it. It worked for me the last time when i was applying through express entry.

Her application reached CPC- M on November 14 and we got AOR on Jan 4th. OWP will most likely be returned due to insufficient funds.
Wow that long! Okay I thought that it would only take a few weeks. I wonder why on the CIC website they request the PC within a month of getting my AOR?
I also submitted my Schedule A and am worried that I was supposed to submit BOTH the Schedule A and the PC together....

Well I am going to mail it in today. I recieved my AOR on Dec 19th but didnt get my fingerprints done until this week seeeing as I thought offices would be closed over the holidays.

Did you mail in the letter to them or just email them?

skiracer1

Nov 9, 2017
Hi all, We are waiting for our work permit. Talked on the phone to CIC . They said it may be issued mid March and that we should be able to link the OWP already. Our OWP is heavily delayed because we send the wrong fee and CIC sent the notification about missing fee to the wrong mailing address. We have not been able to link the OWP app. yet. QUESTION: A potential employer is suggesting they could write a letter on our behalf and we could upload it to Canada.gc for a small chance in making a difference. Is this a thing? If so, where would we upload such a letter? Once the OWP is linked is there a place to upload additional documents??? I have read the tips here about linking OWPs but if you have any more they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - love you guys.

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
Wow that long! Okay I thought that it would only take a few weeks. I wonder why on the CIC website they request the PC within a month of getting my AOR?
I also submitted my Schedule A and am worried that I was supposed to submit BOTH the Schedule A and the PC together....

Well I am going to mail it in today. I recieved my AOR on Dec 19th but didnt get my fingerprints done until this week seeeing as I thought offices would be closed over the holidays.

Did you mail in the letter to them or just email them?
I uploaded the LOE along with the police certificate for India. Included the shipping label as well as the tracking information and a screenshot of the delivery confirmation from the DHL website. I did the same 18 months ago during my process and the approved it and extended the time for me to submit the FBI PCC. They usually give you 60 days to submit it and if you do not get it even then, you will have to write another LOE and they should extend it even further. This process is long only for non US citizens and non green card holders.

If you are a US citizen or green card holder, you could go through a channelor and get it quicker. I am not sure. You can read up on it on canada.ca

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
Is it ok to leave the country before PR is received? All we need is OWP and valid visitor visa?
Yes. Again, it is up to your discretion but there were quite a few members here who had no problem getting in and out as long as you have those two.. I'm planning to leave in May and I should have my work permit by then so I'll let you know how that goes! :)

Reactions: HomeAgain17