+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks. I waited a week I think before linking it.

Online account says "date submitted: dec 10th" - not sure if this is date I linked it?

Pretty sure it used to say the date submitted as the day I entered Canada (a week before the date of my PR app received) if that helps? Think they use different dates there. I remember being surprised by what it said, if that's what you're getting at?
i got AOR Dec 282017. but i still could not link OWP application to my account. stressful

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
CIC received my application on Nov. 14th 2017. I just got my first AOR today (Jan. 4, 2018), asking me to link my account and I just did it successfully. The next step is to upload Schedule A form and police certificates. I haven't heard anything about my OWP application. Thanks to those who helped me. Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: Will_PA

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
CIC received my application on Nov. 14th 2017. I just got my first AOR today (Jan. 4, 2018), asking me to link my account and I just did it successfully. The next step is to upload Schedule A form and police certificates. I haven't heard anything about my OWP application. Thanks to those who helped me. Good luck, everyone!
You could try to link your OWP application to your account as well

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
You could try to link your OWP application to your account as well
I tried three times but couldn't link it. Not sure why...do you know what I should do for my OWP application now? Thanks!

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
I am also suffering from it. Want I can do is to try again and again.
Will we receive another email about the OWP application? I don't have an application number for that so maybe they are still processing it? Maybe we should try to link it after we hear from them about it?

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Will we receive another email about the OWP application? I don't have an application number for that so maybe they are still processing it? Maybe we should try to link it after we hear from them about it?
no. you will not receive any email for OWP. what you could do is trying to link it in the online account. The worst scenario is that the OWP gets returned!!!!!

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
you wont get another email. You just have to try to link your OWP to your account the same way you linked your PR.

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi.

I sent a paper application for OWP after my PR application. Am I able to link this to my online account? And if so how?

caballo_rider

Sep 15, 2015
I sent a paper application for OWP after my PR application. Am I able to link this to my online account? And if so how?
Does this mean you apply for OWP after sending in the PR application by paper? I'm actually looking to do the same if I don't have PR when my PGWP expires later this year so I'm also interested in the answer. Sorry I couldn't answer your question, but Lou Bega is the bomb.

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hey Everyone,

They just changed my background status from " not applicable" to " in progress". My application was received on August 17th. I assume that we should get a request for a medical exam pretty soon.

Good Luck to Everyone.

Reactions: gabrielasqs

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Does this mean you apply for OWP after sending in the PR application by paper? I'm actually looking to do the same if I don't have PR when my PGWP expires later this year so I'm also interested in the answer. Sorry I couldn't answer your question, but Lou Bega is the bomb.
Hi

Yes. I applied in August for PR and have a visa till Feb. So I applied on paper in December for OWP. I just don't know how to link this to my cic account.

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hello everyone! Some update to help you gauge where your OWP might be right now. I just received my OWP approval via email this morning dated Dec 28. My application was resubmitted on Oct 4 at Vegraville as it was actually rejected the first time due to insufficient fee.
A very nice post-Christmas present
Congrats!! And thank you for sharing! This gives me some hope... we resubmitted our OWP on Nov 15 due to lack of one fee also. Hoping to receive it by end of Feb latest!

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are currently waiting for OWP approval/PR - we are September applicants. My partner's 6 month visitor status will expire on February 1st. It is my understanding that we need to apply to extend his stay as a decision has not yet been made on his OWP (should be mid-January based on other's timelines).

For anyone who has had to do this - Once you did apply to extend your visitor status, how long did it take to be approved?

It is also my understanding that once OWP is granted this allows him to stay and work Canada for the duration of the OWP? Or does he still need to apply to extend his visitor status?

Thanks in advance for your help!
We are in the same situation - September applicants but we had to resubmit OWP in Nov due to missing payment of one fee. My husband's TRV expired on Dec 16. But as far as I'm aware he has 'implied status" as the OWP app was sent and received before his status was expired. So you will be the same, your husband does not need to restore his status. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hi there! He should be able to stay and work once he gets his OWP. From what I see here in the forum, there are already October applicants getting their OWP so your husband's should come shortly as well. So its really up to you if you'd like to extend it or not. Not quite sure how long it takes but I think I read before that its approximately 30 days to process.

If however, he would like to travel outside of the country in the future, he should have a valid visitor's visa AND work permit to be able to re-enter Canada. That's the only time that he would need to have a valid travel visa.
Is it ok to leave the country before PR is received? All we need is OWP and valid visitor visa?