+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hello all,

My common-law application has requested the PCC. She has been living in Canada for more than a year and a half now. How many police certificates does she need to provide besides her country of origin? Does she needs to get the fingerprints and criminal record from the RCMP in Canada? The letter also says her family members need to submit one as well, does it mean I need to get my fingerprints and criminal record also from RCMP? I am not a Canadian citizen but living here for more than 10 years (most of my adult life since I have been 18).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hey Guys,

Does any ETA holder can confirm me when we get OWP do we get new ETA as well from IRCC through email if entered in Canada as on ETA. Does any ETA holder can confirm me?
Yes, you do get a new ETA.

Reactions: 3465

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Hey folks,

I just got a new passport! Do you know how can I update my OWP application and my PR application? Both sent on September 19 and AOR received on Nov 20, linked online in Nov 20 as well.

Thanks a lot!

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Ive been trying to open Imm5710 all day have tried two different browsers on my phone, two different browsers on my laptop. Every other form opens but that one. Our application hasn’t been sent back just wanted to look. Has anyone else been having difficulty?
2 recommendations:

a)Download the form as always recommended further up on the thread and open it from there. This should easily work
b)Just in case you are using Acrobat Reader DC, I recommend to also install the latest version of Acrobat Reader, it will be better to validate your forms later and generate the required bar codes. Here are the links for both Mac and Windows

https://adobe-reader.en.softonic.com/mac/download
or
https://adobe-reader.en.softonic.com/download

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hey Guys,

Does any ETA holder can confirm me when we get OWP do we get new ETA as well from IRCC through email if entered in Canada as on ETA. Does any ETA holder can confirm me?
Yes you do get a new ETA. Did your receive an email confirmation for your OWP yet? It should clearly states your new ETA. You should even receive a day or two later anther email, this time just about your new ETA

Reactions: 3465

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Ive been trying to open Imm5710 all day have tried two different browsers on my phone, two different browsers on my laptop. Every other form opens but that one. Our application hasn’t been sent back just wanted to look. Has anyone else been having difficulty?
I had the same problem you can go to service Canada and use their computer. fill it out and you can print when Completed not sure where you live but I went to Dundas and Kipling Etobicoke

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
I had the same problem you can go to service Canada and use their computer. fill it out and you can print when Completed not sure where you live but I went to Dundas and Kipling Etobicoke
We are in a very northern town in BC, we do have a services Canada office but it’s only open a couple hours a week. I will try that

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
However if our application is sent back again my friend is a lawyer who has just got her IRCC certification so she will be taking over our application. As I mentally cannot handle another set back.

spacemonkey1o1

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Montreal, QC
Hey guys!
Anyone get an AOR recently?!
I am an October 26th applicant and hope to get mine before Christmas but I'm a little skeptical that will happen. Does anyone know when CIC goes on their Christmas break? Also I'm REALLY looking forward to that OWP, I initially thought it'd be 5 to 6 months after sending the app, has anyone been receiving it before that time?!

Last edited:

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Hey guys!
Anyone get an AOR recently?!
I am an October 26th applicant and hope to get mine before Christmas but I'm a little skeptical that will happen. Does anyone know when CIC goes on their Christmas break? Also I'm REALLY looking forward to that OWP, I initially thought it'd be 5 to 6 months after sending the app, has anyone been receiving it before that time?!
The average timeframe seems to be 4-5 months from the date you sent it.
We are October 16th applicants and have not gotten our AOR yet.
Below is the link to our spread sheet it has peoples timelines. Hope it helps
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA