+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Dec 13, 2017
I would try!! Make the payment and submit the proof by uploading the receipt to your account. Hopefully they accept it and don't send it back, I've had mine returned and still waiting to link to my account (originally submitted with Spousal Sponsorship app on Sep 5, returned to Vegreville office on Nov 15..)

I've heard it's up to the processing agent what they decide to do. Many have received their application back, but a few lucky ones have had the agent deduct the amount from the PR fee and then asked to make up for the payment online (much more efficient and convenient!!). Hope you're one of the lucky ones!
yeah, but what do you mean by uploading the receipt to my account i dont have account yet, i have not received my AOR?Does it affect the PR application too?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
yeah, but what do you men by uploading the receipt to my account i dont have account yet, i have not received my AOR?Does it affect the PR application too?
It doesn't affect the PR application, it's completely separate. If you don't have AOR yet then I would call and explain, they may be able to help you. Otherwise as soon as you receive AOR, upload the proof and cross your fingers...

J@c

Jul 21, 2017
According to the Facebook group people from October 5th-6th got their AOR today. Just letting you guys know! October 12th here and super anxious.
Any news as of today? My courier said it was received by a David S. last October 23 at 8:33 AM.

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hi! I'm in the same situation, they returned my OWP for a mistake I made with the payment , in the letter they sent me, says:
"the entire package, including all the requested documents/ information referenced in the adove and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted to: CPC Vegreville ...."

the IMM5710 form was updated in October 2017 and the checklist in November 2017

Good luck!
I feel sick :confused: I only added the receipt of payment and sent the application back that way, assuming that since it was the only thing missing that that was all that was needed.... will it be returned again?? I will shrivel up and cry if it is!!!!

J@c

Jul 21, 2017
It doesn't affect the PR application, it's completely separate. If you don't have AOR yet then I would call and explain, they may be able to help you. Otherwise as soon as you receive AOR, upload the proof and cross your fingers...
May I ask if between your application being received on Sept 6 to receiving your AOR on Oct 31, did you hear anything from IRCC? And how did you receive the AOR, was it by snail mail or email? Mine was allegedly received according to Purolator last October 23rd, but still no response from IRCC until today. I'm so anxious I can't concentrate with work. :'(

J@c

Jul 21, 2017
Hi HomeAgain17, sorry to bother. I see that you mentioned your OWP was returned due to insufficient funds due to sending only $100. We too only sent in $100, where does it say it should've been $155? Should we pay another $55 now and avoid them from returning our application?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
May I ask if between your application being received on Sept 6 to receiving your AOR on Oct 31, did you hear anything from IRCC? And how did you receive the AOR, was it by snail mail or email? Mine was allegedly received according to Purolator last October 23rd, but still no response from IRCC until today. I'm so anxious I can't concentrate with work. :'(
No I didn't hear anything until AOR, and I got that notification by email. You should have the same if you provided an email address for them to contact you on. I know the feeling, I have the exact same feeling with my husband's OWP... To the point where I feel ill all the time afraid that I have done something wrong to delay the process! :(

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hi HomeAgain17, sorry to bother. I see that you mentioned your OWP was returned due to insufficient funds due to sending only $100. We too only sent in $100, where does it say it should've been $155? Should we pay another $55 now and avoid them from returning our application?
There were two fees, one is the Open Work Permit holder fee ($100) and the other is for the work permit itself ($155) for a total cost of $255. It is very unclear and many have made this exact mistake... So ridiculous that it is set up this way! It doesn't help anyone...

J@c

Jul 21, 2017
No I didn't hear anything until AOR, and I got that notification by email. You should have the same if you provided an email address for them to contact you on. I know the feeling, I have the exact same feeling with my husband's OWP... To the point where I feel ill all the time afraid that I have done something wrong to delay the process! :(
Same sentiments, there's that feeling where it might not be acceptable enough for IRCC. And not hearing from them this long is so nerve wracking. I've seen others where they would receive their AOR in a month or less, while here I am going on 2 months, and still nothing. I just want to cry in a corner...

Reactions: HomeAgain17

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Same sentiments, there's that feeling where it might not be acceptable enough for IRCC. And not hearing from them this long is so nerve wracking. I've seen others where they would receive their AOR in a month or less, while here I am going on 2 months, and still nothing. I just want to cry in a corner...
It is a severely flawed system for some. We are still waiting for our AOR. And the lack of communication drives a person crazy. I feel way better having this support network, the Facebook group and everyone on here... it’s the only thing that has kept me and my partner going.

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
It is a severely flawed system for some. We are still waiting for our AOR. And the lack of communication drives a person crazy. I feel way better having this support network, the Facebook group and everyone on here... it’s the only thing that has kept me and my partner going.
So true!! Makes all the difference to have even the slightest idea of time frame and what is going on... Could you please post the link to the Facebook group?