+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
You can only have a health card if you are working and your current permit is still valid. Most provincial medical programs do not acknowledge implied status. So if this is the case short term travel insurance is always a good idea.
Hope this helps
There was a mix up with my provincial and extended work benefits and I was only informed yesterday that they both expired on Sept 30, (which is not what I was told when I enquired BEFORE Sept 30) but anyway, that means I have not been covered for the last month and a half... Do you have any idea if this will affect the decision for PR? I have travel insurance now but I can't prove that to them unless they ask right?

Kamranria

Nov 8, 2017
We are currently still waiting for AOR we applied inland October 16th currently the timeline for AOR is approx 2 months. Once you get that the OWP application is supposed to be submitted by CIC and that current wait time is 11 weeks. So from what I can gather the time line is roughly 5 months from delivery of app to CIC to work permit issuance. And total time for PR is 12 months from date of AOR.
My spouse is British and he is heading back to England today. We were told that as long as we have a valid ETA he can travel and they will process his application as submitted. So he can be out of the country for part of the process. You can only have a health card if you are working and your current permit is still valid. Most provincial medical programs do not acknowledge implied status. So if this is the case short term travel insurance is always a good idea.
Hope this helps
Hi
Thank you for reply, really helpful.
Just one thing more did you make inland application with open work permit ?
And what is quickest inland or Outland Application ?

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
I dont know :S I'm a newbie
Yes they show on ecas also but very little info is provided.

When they receive your app, when they started processing your app, also will indicate if they sent you any request for documents.

Reactions: J&C11 and Mutato_KT

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
There was a mix up with my provincial and extended work benefits and I was only informed yesterday that they both expired on Sept 30, (which is not what I was told when I enquired BEFORE Sept 30) but anyway, that means I have not been covered for the last month and a half... Do you have any idea if this will affect the decision for PR? I have travel insurance now but I can't prove that to them unless they ask right?
As far as I know it won’t affect your PR application as you are only required to show proof for IEC work visas.

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Hi
Thank you for reply, really helpful.
Just one thing more did you make inland application with open work permit ?
And what is quickest inland or Outland Application ?
I think both are same processing times but Outland does not allow you to apply for OWP. So it’s more beneficial if you want to get a work permit to apply inland.
My spouse and I applied inland October 16th 2017

walasadi

Nov 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
08-11-2017
Make sure to put 2 as applicant number, not 1. 2 = sponsor + applicant
After a couple of days of trying, finally it worked! I was able to link the application by only inputting passport details not place of birth!

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
Hi guys sorry i dont know where to post my question but i wanna ask about the difference between "FAMILY CLASS" AND "SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP IN CANADA CLASS"
which one should i apply for? i read that in SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP IN CANADA CLASS me and my canadian husband should live together in canada... we dont have any conjugal property or shared expenses yet in canada to proof the cohabitation since i just arrived here last August. :(

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Hi guys sorry i dont know where to post my question but i wanna ask about the difference between "FAMILY CLASS" AND "SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP IN CANADA CLASS"
which one should i apply for? i read that in SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP IN CANADA CLASS me and my canadian husband should live together in canada... we dont have any conjugal property or shared expenses yet in canada to proof the cohabitation since i just arrived here last August. :(
IMO spousal sponsorship is part of family class. another part of this is parent grandparent program.
if you are married you should apply for inland spousal sponsorship.

alphaq

Mar 27, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
We got ours today (November 10)! Our application was received on September 11th.
Congratulations ! Ours was received on the 12th of September. Hoping to get the AOR soon (fingers crossed !)

Reactions: J&C11

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Hi. They will ask you for proof of some sort of joint expenses or ownership or benefits or something with both names because the onus is on you to prove that you are in a conjugal relationship and the proof has to be compelling or else they will refuse your application. The new inland application package requires you to submit those documents listed or else you could wait until you have them all.