Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
If your application arrived in August 18th there is a possibility that it has been returned. From what I can see there have been people that applied August 26th that have gotten AOR and someone that applied on August 17th got AOR on October 3rd. If it were me I would call them on Monday.
Just got returned application in the mail today was sent back to us. Package was reviewed and sent back to us Oct 5th. Additional family information sheet was not filled out properly! Starting again from square one, sending it back via courier tomorrow!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I understood but . Just let me know when CIC gave you a letter that they transfer your files to the local office
If you read the link I posted, they will send an application to a local CIC office around SA/AIP when they want a review or an interview. Later in the process, when it's time for a landing, they will send the file to the local CIC office to arrange a landing. Otherwise, inland applications are totally processed at CPC's.

Given that you reported an AOR, and what I guess was an SA (where they approve the sponsor), that would be the appropriate time for a relationship interview, if they have concerns.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Seems like IRCC's been very slow the past month or so, mostly busy with closing off 2016 and 2015 applications (I've seen some DMs recently for Sep and Oct 2016 apps).
Looks like the delay in medical requests is still ongoing. I know people from Apr 11, 2017 and a bunch from early May 2017 who still haven't gotten Med Requests even though they used to be sent out ~120-140 days from app received date.

Anyone have updates on med requests recently?

Reactions: Zayed

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hello everyone, my husband (the PA) just got AOR this morning. His application was delivered on 22nd August. Now CIC requires the schedule A and police certificate. I have two questions about this request:

1.Do I need to submit my police certificate along with his? I am the sponsor.
2. So we don't need to include police certificate from Canada, right?

much appreciated for any of your answers:)
1. No, the sponsor does not need to submit police certificates or Schedule A.
2. That's right, PCC from Canada is not required. [http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4]

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Did you get any thing?
Hey, NinaM already landed. See #1078 on page 72 for timeline:

Hi there tctt,

My hubby is a late Dec 2016 applicant as well but we submitted the medicals upfront and here is our timeline.

I think yours is just a matter of time and might be slightly delayed due to a (likely) forthcoming medical request ...

Submitted Dec 8th, 2016 with upfront medical
AOR1 Dec 23rd, 2016
OWP March 27th, 2017
Criminal check request April 11th, 2017
SA June 1st, 2017; DM June 5th, 2017; PR Landing letter June 6th, 2017

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I understood but . Just let me know when CIC gave you a letter that they transfer your files to the local office
Zayed, don't worry. Your timeline seems to be good. Most of us aren't even getting any updates from IRCC. It seems things are moving along for your. I'm pretty sure what you received was SA. Just be patient, I'm sure things will clarify soon. They will contact you if they need anything further, at this point there isn't much you can do.
Maybe it was sent to the local office to contact you for a landing interview. I'm not sure what a DM letter sounds like, but the letter you got on Sep 15, what more did it say exactly? Also, what does your online MyCIC account say? I'm assuming you used a lawyer/rep so maybe you won't have access to your online account but your rep will have access to their portal. What letters/messages is it showing there?

Reactions: Zayed

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Just got returned application in the mail today was sent back to us. Package was reviewed and sent back to us Oct 5th. Additional family information sheet was not filled out properly! Starting again from square one, sending it back via courier tomorrow!
What was wrong with it, if you don't mind me asking?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Zayed, don't worry. Your timeline seems to be good. Most of us aren't even getting any updates from IRCC. It seems things are moving along for your. I'm pretty sure what you received was SA. Just be patient, I'm sure things will clarify soon. They will contact you if they need anything further, at this point there isn't much you can do.
Maybe it was sent to the local office to contact you for a landing interview. I'm not sure what a DM letter sounds like, but the letter you got on Sep 15, what more did it say exactly? Also, what does your online MyCIC account say? I'm assuming you used a lawyer/rep so maybe you won't have access to your online account but your rep will have access to their portal. What letters/messages is it showing there?
@Zayed

AIP letter just states that you have met the eligibility requirements to apply for Permanent Residence as a member of the Family Class.

The DM letter states:
"We are pleased to advise you that we have finished processing your application. Your application will be finalized at an interview. The local CIC office will contact you to arrange an interview." Replace the local CIC office, with the closest CIC office to you -- assigned by postal code. That's exactly what ours stated; 5 days after they contacted us to land.

The landing letter only states the location, time, and anything you need to bring. These seem to vary wildly, based on CIC office.

I'm not suggesting that @Zayed worries. But I would be prepared, because it sounds like they are looking to do a more thorough review at very least. The manual link I posted shares the possible concerns that would have CPC-M send the file to a local CIC office. The fact that they advised it was transferred for review is also another clue.

So, I wouldn't be concerned -- but be prepared in case they do ask for more documents, or invite you for an interview.

Last edited:

Zayed

Oct 9, 2017
@Zayed

AIP letter just states that you have met the eligibility requirements to apply for Permanent Residence as a member of the Family Class.

The DM letter states:
"We are pleased to advise you that we have finished processing your application. Your application will be finalized at an interview. The local CIC office will contact you to arrange an interview." Replace the local CIC office, with the closest CIC office to you -- assigned by postal code. That's exactly what ours stated; 5 days after they contacted us to land.

The landing letter only states the location, time, and anything you need to bring. These seem to vary wildly, based on CIC office.

I'm not suggesting that @Zayed worries. But I would be prepared, because it sounds like they are looking to do a more thorough review at very least. The manual link I posted shares the possible concerns that would have CPC-M send the file to a local CIC office. The fact that they advised it was transferred for review is also another clue.

So, I wouldn't be concerned -- but be prepared in case they do ask for more documents, or invite you for an interview.
Thanks again for your help and time I really appreciate that

The letter my wife received on 14 September

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Zayed and family (if
applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
Reminder - Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support
The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic
requirements for your sponsored relative(s). This undertaking is not broken by such changes as the
granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation, relationship breakdown, moving to another
province, or a change in your financial situation. Furthermore, it cannot be cancelled once a final
decision has been made on their APR.
If your family member's APR is approved, your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as your
sponsored relative and, if applicable, their accompanying family members become permanent residents
of Canada. If your family member entered Canada on a temporary resident permit following an APR,
your obligation will begin on the date of that entry to Canada. Your obligations for your family member
will end as follows:
Spouses, common-law partners - 3 years from the date on which permanent resident status

Zayed

Oct 9, 2017
@Zayed

The DM letter states:

The letter I received on 15 September 2017

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law

Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in
Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview
or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR
and communicate to you its decision.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your
application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:
Attention: Immigration APR Unit
5343 Dundas Street West, Room 200

Etobicoke ON M9B 6K5
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your

stay in Canada.

clau2493

Jun 6, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2020
AOR Received.
October 18, 2020
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Good day. Here's our timeline.

March 2014 federal app sent
June 2014 medical
July 2014 medicals received
November 2015 medical reassessment
March 2017 2nd medical
Background check and security check completed. Waiting for decision.

Is there any positive outcome about our timeline?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
The letter I received on 15 September 2017

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law

Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in
Etobicoke for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview
or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR
and communicate to you its decision.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your
application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:
Attention: Immigration APR Unit
5343 Dundas Street West, Room 200

Etobicoke ON M9B 6K5
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your

stay in Canada.
Ok, so you got the AIP letter, then they transferred it immediately following that. Well, that's a good thing that you reached AIP. It would likely only be a QA review/interview. Check ECAS ( https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do ; login as sponsor) and see what it says for the applicant side. That's the most reliable way to tell as we have found.

As for QA reviews/interviews: They started doing these more when they sped the process up for inlands. It's a way for them to verify that the system is operating as it should be. As for QA reviews: they can silently do these and generally they don't slow processing down. They consist of a simple review of the documents, the officer's notes, and the results. As for QA interviews: nothing to worry about. They can ask you anything about your file, but are usually pretty simple -- some people have reported the officer inviting them to land immediately after the appointment (not common; but happens). This can slow you down, as Etobicoke does take up to 8 weeks to schedule anything typically.

Etobicoke will send a more detailed letter with what to bring, and a time in a landing letter.

mlabella

May 9, 2017
Mississauga
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-04-2017
Yes, same. The only thing changed in the past two months is this one "we are processing background check... Still waiting for Med request.
Hi. In my case show background Not aplicable. Or something like that. I don't know why? I sent my aplication in April. I feel frustated....

inlandPRfeb17

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi. In my case show background Not aplicable. Or something like that. I don't know why? I sent my aplication in April. I feel frustated....
it means background check is not started yet. It was like that for my app (sponsor) too until we got the med request and it was passed. after that background check went in progress.

Reactions: mlabella