Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
What was wrong with it, if you don't mind me asking?
It said that we didn’t do it but it was in the open work permit section. So we’ve filled a new one out for both myself (the sponsor) and my spouse (the applicant) and put the new ones and the ones we sent previously. They are with the letter they sent back.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oh! No, I definitely do believe you, you've been through the whole process! I was asking more for my own understanding and clarification. I haven't seen samples of SA or AIP letters before. I just expected the AIP letter to sound more... positive, like the SA one does. Something along the lines of that you're eligible to be considered for PR now. But I guess I'm confusing it with DM which is the nicer sounding letter. AIP means you're in the running to be considered properly now I guess, but doesn't mean you've been approved for PR yet. I just don't think it's common for apps to be transferred after AIP. I've heard that after DM letter, they say your info is transferred to local CIC office to contact you for a landing interview. I guess if it's transferred after AIP and beyyfore DM that means the local office wants to do more digging.

Thanks for the info!
AIP contains the word "eligible". That's the easy way to find it. AIP is a transition from stage 1 (Eligibility) to stage 2 (admissibility). When they say you are eligible that means you have passed:
- Sponsorship (do you have a sponsor)
- Relationship proof (are you a member of the family class?)

Stage 2 is where they look at admissibility:
- Medical must be valid at the time they seek to permit "entry" (grant a PR)
- Criminality
- Security (must be valid when they seek to permit "entry")

The most common delay in this stage is medical and security, as both are external requirements that CIC cannot expedite.

If ever in doubt, check the IP-8 PDF I posted a link to (or check CIC operation manuals for an updated link). That is 100% what they are following for guidance in approvals.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

honeymin

Oct 3, 2017
Ah that's excellent news, congrats! I think I am about a week behind you so expect my OWP soon. Did you receive an email as well or only a physical copy?
I just checked my online status and saw it was approved. No email. I think it will be sent in a week or more.

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
I cannot manage to link the my OWP application, can anyone help with me that? I tried with my name, birthday name and country, as well as UCI and sponsorship application number and it just says that they cannot find it.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
I cannot manage to link the my OWP application, can anyone help with me that? I tried with my name, birthday name and country, as well as UCI and sponsorship application number and it just says that they cannot find it.
hey it takes about a week after you get AOR for the OWP to be registered on the system, i only linked mine yesterday and i got my AOR on 3rd October it shows that the OWP application was received by the relevant department on the 9th October. I linked with UCI and Surname .... but i would wait a week before trying again. Leave the passport details blank just fill in the city and country of birth the rest is fairly straight forward (aka are you married, whats your situation and where are you currently living)

Reactions: Haire Gabriela

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
I just checked my online status and saw it was approved. No email. I think it will be sent in a week or more.
Congratulations! Can you please share your timeline?

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
hey it takes about a week after you get AOR for the OWP to be registered on the system, i only linked mine yesterday and i got my AOR on 3rd October it shows that the OWP application was received by the relevant department on the 9th October. I linked with UCI and Surname .... but i would wait a week before trying again. Leave the passport details blank just fill in the city and country of birth the rest is fairly straight forward (aka are you married, whats your situation and where are you currently living)
Thank you! I'll wait then.

mj054

Oct 12, 2017
Very helpful forum

Sent Spouse Visa app with OWP app on Aug 23rd, received AOR this morning October 12

Managed to link Spouse Visa app to CIC account using the app number and UCI. For the number of people included in application I put '2' and it worked. Had tried '1' previously with no luck. Can't link OPW yet

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Finally was able to link my OWP to my account a week after linking my PR application. I did leave the date and country of birth blank for those of you still trying and it worked but I have been trying every day for 7 days doing the same thing and one day it just finally worked.
So I got my letter asking for Sched A and police checks. (does this mean my sponsor is approved??) I have lived in Canada 2 years so figured I needed a Canadian police check. I went and paid for the check and for my fingerprints to be done and was planning on uploading the receipt to say I've applied to avoid delays. However when I went to do this I realized I could only upload ONE document under police checks.. I uploaded my Aus one and any time I tried to upload the letter and receipt for my Canadian one it just kept saying it would replace the AUS one. So I just submitted my sched A and aus police check by themselves..
Does anyone have any idea how Im meant to upload the other certificate when I get it? Or the letter explaining I've applied for it?

Application sent - August 14 2017

mj054

Oct 12, 2017
Finally was able to link my OWP to my account a week after linking my PR application. I did leave the date and country of birth blank for those of you still trying and it worked but I have been trying every day for 7 days doing the same thing and one day it just finally worked.
So I got my letter asking for Sched A and police checks. (does this mean my sponsor is approved??) I have lived in Canada 2 years so figured I needed a Canadian police check. I went and paid for the check and for my fingerprints to be done and was planning on uploading the receipt to say I've applied to avoid delays. However when I went to do this I realized I could only upload ONE document under police checks.. I uploaded my Aus one and any time I tried to upload the letter and receipt for my Canadian one it just kept saying it would replace the AUS one. So I just submitted my sched A and aus police check by themselves..
Does anyone have any idea how Im meant to upload the other certificate when I get it? Or the letter explaining I've applied for it?

Application sent - August 14 2017
I believe someone here said you have to put all of them in one PDF document as different pages then upload that

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Odd question, My spouses police certificate from Australia was issued exact one month prior to leaving the country how likely is it that they will accept it. As we've sent the returned application back with everything except the Canadian one (its ordered but did not arrive so we will have it once we get the request).
Another question is my spouse has a criminal record in England, but was issued a Criminal Rehabilitation letter last year when he got his original work permit do you think this will be a problem as I sent the letter along with the record checks? (the offense is not illegal in Canada but due to England being the mother land we needed to get the Crim. Rehab.)

Any advice as my poor spouse is so frustrated with this whole process, we hired a company back in may to extend his work permit which they did buty didn't include the category he qualified for...(PNP, Express Entry...) we paid them a lot of money and gave them everything they needed but all they applied for was the extension nothing else so it was refused 16 days after his permit was expired. We've just come to find out the IEC work permits do not qualify under the implied status(which this company told us it did) so he worked a grand total of 11 days past his expiration on the advice of a awful company. We disclosed that he worked until the 31st of July included his letter of refusal and everything. What are the potential implications of this?

For this Spousal application I went through it with about 2500 fine tooth combs and this time I can guarantee that is will not be returned due to missing information. My concerns are now the above. Can anyone give any kind of insight?