Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
If your application arrived in August 18th there is a possibility that it has been returned. From what I can see there have been people that applied August 26th that have gotten AOR and someone that applied on August 17th got AOR on October 3rd. If it were me I would call them on Monday.
That’s what I figured as well, however I’ve kept a complete package photocopied with us and had an immigration lawyer look it over and she cannot see anything that is wrong. He was in the 90 restoration period before we left on vacation and we had no problems coming back into Canada. He’s officially on a valid visa as of yesterday for 6 months.
We sent I a web form case specific and this is the response we got

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since responsible office is currently processing applications received before August 2, 2017.

We invite you to contact us using the IRCC Web form if you have not received any information regarding your application by December 28, 2017. We will be pleased to assist you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Besnik, Agent 4161
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women”

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
I did that and even sent webform.
I got the request at the time when I linked my application. I would suggest checking the status of your application online through ECAS - the online application search tool which allows you to see what IRCC was sending to you all this time.
hat

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
I am so happy I found this thread. My common law spouse and I have had the worst luck with his immigration. We hired a company back in May before his open work permit expired to apply for an extension as he is a skilled tradesman and was in a management position for a lumber mill. Unfortunately this company did not apply for anything with his extension ( he had pronvivial
Nominee and express entry available) and we found out 16 days after his expiration of open work permit he had been refused due to no program attached to extension. So we scrambled and got our spousal sponsorship application sent in (did not use a company) sent it via courier to Mississauga it arrived on August 18th but we’ve heard absolutely nothing from them. We’ve just come back to Canada after being on a. Pre booked vacation before the work permit mishap and he’s on a visitor visa for 6 months as he is British. I guess my question is roughly how long does the open work permit part take? What should we expect for a timeline? I know I will be approved as a sponsor, but my poor spouse is going stir crazy as he hasn’t been able to work since the end of July. If we had a rough idea I think it would be better.
The company he worked for tried everything to sponsor him but due to it being a US company the corporate office wouldn’t budge. His job is being held for him which is amazing.

Each Open Work Permit is different. I recommend checking processing times for OWP because they update it every month. Mine took me less than 3 months but a person who applied 2 weeks before me got it 2 - 3 weeks after me. I think it depends on what you put in the work permit with what kind of education, work experience etc you come with. The estimated processing time by IRCC for me was 4 months. If the case is straight forward I think he might get it fast.

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
If your application arrived in August 18th there is a possibility that it has been returned. From what I can see there have been people that applied August 26th that have gotten AOR and someone that applied on August 17th got AOR on October 3rd. If it were me I would call them on Monday.
My application was delivered on August 23rd and I'm still waiting for AOR, as far as I know, people from 20-25th haven't gotten AOR yet.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
My application was delivered on August 23rd and I'm still waiting for AOR, as far as I know, people from 20-25th haven't gotten AOR yet.
Someone in an outland thread says they have an AOR last week from an August 26th app, but this is different processing to inland apps? As like you say last inland AORs only are as far as August 17th, so assume people in the 20-25th August times can expect AORs this week (thanksgiving holiday today too)

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Just curious, have there been any cases in spouse sponsored visa, where a PR holder or Canada citizen has applied for such visa for his/her spouse and the visa got rejected for any reason apart from the health and PCC ?

Zayed

Oct 9, 2017
Hello everyone?
My wife sponsored me as a common law and inland .
I done my medical on December 2/2016 and i thought i will apply under old rule but when i went to my lawyer (16 December 2016)she said to me the spouse immigration rule has been changed on 7 December so we have to apply on new rule but
I already done police clarified medical. My lawyer told me is ok . And i applied under new rule

Applied 22 December 2016 (paperwork)
Cic received 12 January 2017
1st AOP REC feb 3 2017

Feb 16 2017 Ask me additional documents imm5669 which thy ask me to sign and reply them

Applied OWP on 22 March 2017
OWP Rec my mail 16 july 2017

And after long wait they send my wife another later 14 September 2017 that 2nd AOP has been approved.

15 September 2017
Another letter
We transfer your application on our local office for further verification. Your medical was successful. If we need any information from you or interview we will inform you .

Now when i call cic the voice mail say
We are reviewing your application
The additional documents you send by mail wes successfully received by cic.

We don't need your interview
We dint need your finger prints at this moment
Now we are checking your background

Pls help me out on this

Last edited:

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hello everyone?
My wife sponsored me as a common law and inland .
I done my medical on December 2/2016 and i thought i will apply under old rule but when i went to my lawyer (16 December 2016)she said to me the spouse immigration rule has been changed on 7 December so we have to apply on new rule but
I already done police clarified medical. My lawyer told me is ok . And i applied under new rule

Applied 22 December 2016 (paperwork)
Cic received 12 January 2017
1st AOP REC feb 3 2017

Feb 16 2017 Ask me additional documents imm5669 which thy ask me to sign and reply them

Applied OWP on 22 March 2017
OWP Rec my mail 16 july 2017

And after long wait they send my wife another later 14 September 2017 that 2nd AOP has been approved.

15 September 2017
Another letter
We transfer your application on our local office for further verification. Your medical was successful. If we need any information from you or interview we will inform you .

Now when i call cic the voice mail say
We are reviewing your application
The additional documents you send by mail wes successfully received by cic.

We don't need your interview
We dint need your finger prints at this moment
Now we are checking your background

Pls help me out on this
We have a similar timeline both my AOR was on Feb 11 medicals were submitted with my application as well passed in February. But I never received the email of file transfer to local office My background check has been in process since March. No communication since February.

Zayed

Oct 9, 2017
We have a similar timeline both my AOR was on Feb 11 medicals were submitted with my application as well passed in February. But I never received the email of file transfer to local office My background check has been in process since March. No communication since February.
Ok call cic 18882422100
Right after 20 seconds press 112 then press 3 listen what they say they will ask your application number ..put it which started F
They they will ask your date of birth
Press it after that you will listen what they are doing now .. pls also let me know .......

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Ok call cic 18882422100
Right after 20 seconds press 112 then press 3 listen what they say they will ask your application number ..put it which started F
They they will ask your date of birth
Press it after that you will listen what they are doing now .. pls also let me know .......
They are processing my background check

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
Hi, the same for me... Nothing happen.. I applied in April 17.
One question, in April applicants your profile this part change?
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Yes, same. The only thing changed in the past two months is this one "we are processing background check... Still waiting for Med request.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15

Sigurgeirs10

Oct 6, 2016
I received my NOA, finally. I submitted my husband's application without NOA in end of August. I know that CIC needs NOA for the financial part. What should I do? Mail them my NOA? or? I am also wondering how long is FBI police clearance is good for? He obtained this back in January.