Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hi there! Thank you so much for your response.

Yes, I did apply OWP at the same time when I sent my application of PR.

But when I received the email from CIC, there is only one UCI and App number => it worked when I linked my app of PR to my online account.
Now I am trying to link my application of work permit to my online account, I use same UCI and app number but it doesn't work.

I started with this step:

If I choose PR, then there is no option for OWP to choose.
But even if I chose Temporay Residence, then Work permit:

And at the end, I chose:

It didn't work! :(

Did I make some mistake some where? :(((

I sadly can't see your screenshots. Your first mistake is using the same application number for PR and OWP. The application number you got is only for the PR sponsorship. Your OWP application has its own number. To link your OWP :

1. Link your application
2. Category: temporary residence
Sub-Category: work permit and extension
3. Application details: choose the last option - unique client indentifier UCI and family name
4. Fill up the empty spots

Reactions: tctt and Trinh

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Mostly people get SA and then AIP. For others AIP first and then SA (but getting AIP means that the sponsor is already approved). Some people also get either SA or AIP first and then straight to decision made. There are some couple of guys who received decision made first before SA and AIP. So no one can tell how yours will be.

You need AIP to apply for open work permit. If you were not out of status when your application was received then you can get your work permit before AIP if you have applied for it. However, if you were out of status when CIC received your application then you will get work permit if you get AIP or after AIP you can apply for open work permit.

I will advice that you send your open work permit application now even if you were out of status when your application was received. You get work permit you can apply for OHIP depending on the Province or you have to wait for your AIP.
Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. Yes I am out of status but I was told that I can not apply for the OWP until I receive AIP. Is that correct?

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
I submitted my Schedule A and Police Certificate (uploaded + submitted) but when I log into CICKey, it still says "Your Action is Required". I just wanted to confirm that it's a common glitch, correct? Should I wait for them to request medicals or is there anything else I'm expected to do?
Yes I have the same glitch too. Apparently it says the same thing on some April applicants' pages too. Way to reduce anxiety CIC!

And no, unfortunately there's nothing else to do aside from waiting :(

alphaq

Mar 27, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
Hi, can anyone advise me about the process for in-land applications in Quebec?

The CIC page states that once they receive their application, they will send a letter advising to approach MIDI for CSQ. Will the request for PCC and Schedule A come along with that letter or only after the CSQ is submitted?

Thanks !

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Hi, can anyone advise me about the process for in-land applications in Quebec?

The CIC page states that once they receive their application, they will send a letter advising to approach MIDI for CSQ. Will the request for PCC and Schedule A come along with that letter or only after the CSQ is submitted?

Thanks !
As mentionned earlier, the Sponsor will receive an email asking him to place the CSQ request to Québec immigration few days after the principal applicant receives the PCC+ Schedule A request.

inlandPRfeb17

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Can you see online which physical address they have on file? Thx.
you can usually see it on ECAS, when you login to check your status. it will say the address they have on file. If a mailing address is given, that is different from your home address, that will be there too.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I'm waiting for
As mentionned earlier, the Sponsor will receive an email asking him to place the CSQ request to Québec immigration few days after the principal applicant receives the PCC+ Schedule A request.
My husband is waiting for that email. Meanwhile, can you please tell me steps to request CSQ? Should we prepare some papers or fill any form to save time?

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
I called and talked to a CIC agent. Got her agent number and time of call and she sent me an email about implied status for open work permits and she confirmed that my husband could continue working on implied status with an IEC. I also spoke to my family member who just finished their Immigration Consulting course and they even showed me the curriculum of where it says that IEC OWP can receive implied status but only with a Spousal PR App.
I think I have enough evidence from multiple sources that confirm that IEC can receive implied status.
Got my AOR last Monday for anyone interested

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
So I have received my AOR now (applied 15th august) and they are asking for the police checks. It states that they want a police check for the country im living in currently if ive been there over 6 months (as well as my aus one). Seeing as I applied inland they know I am in Canada, so do I need to get the rcmp check and fingerprints? It doesn't say anywhere in the letter "besides Canada" but people are telling me I do not need it unless specifically requested?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
So I have received my AOR now (applied 15th august) and they are asking for the police checks. It states that they want a police check for the country im living in currently if ive been there over 6 months (as well as my aus one). Seeing as I applied inland they know I am in Canada, so do I need to get the rcmp check and fingerprints? It doesn't say anywhere in the letter "besides Canada" but people are telling me I do not need it unless specifically requested?
Have you linked your application to your online account yet? If yes, check it, there will be a message which instructs you how to do next step. Also, check your online account -> Application status, it will show if you need Fingerprint or not.

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Have you linked your application to your online account yet? If yes, check it, there will be a message which instructs you how to do next step. Also, check your online account -> Application status, it will show if you need Fingerprint or not.
The next step is to get the police checks and like I said before it asks for one for "the country im currently living in" (which is Canada) but when I click the link on cic explaining how to get a Canadian police check it says it involves fingerprints

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
The next step is to get the police checks and like I said before it asks for one for "the country im currently living in" (which is Canada) but when I click the link on cic explaining how to get a Canadian police check it says it involves fingerprints
Oh my god! I understand your question now!!!

CIC's email said:
"At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family

member”. This must be received at this office by: 2017/11/11"

Is any one here can help???
1) How to get police check in Quebec? I have been living here for 6 months :(
2) So now I have to ask my family members who have been living in Vietnam (my country) to get police check and send it to me??? :-O
I'm dying!!!

Reactions: Haire Gabriela

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
I sadly can't see your screenshots. Your first mistake is using the same application number for PR and OWP. The application number you got is only for the PR sponsorship. Your OWP application has its own number. To link your OWP :

1. Link your application
2. Category: temporary residence
Sub-Category: work permit and extension
3. Application details: choose the last option - unique client indentifier UCI and family name
4. Fill up the empty spots
I have only had a letter telling me to link my PR application which I have and then the letter requesting police checks and schedule A. Is there a separate letter I receive for my OWP (which I applied for at the same time as PR)? or am I able to link my OWP application at the same time as I can link PR?
Also in the letter requesting police checks they ask for one for the country you currently reside in if its been more that 6 months. seeing as I have lived in Canada for 2 years do I need to get a Canadian police check with the fingerprints and all??