+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
I submitted my Schedule A and Police Certificate (uploaded + submitted) but when I log into CICKey, it still says "Your Action is Required". I just wanted to confirm that it's a common glitch, correct? Should I wait for them to request medicals or is there anything else I'm expected to do?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - just linked my OWP to PR application and I see that my OWP has been approved. We used a representative and I was wondering if the actual OWP will be mailed to me or to her? We sent the application in ourselves and our address was the return address on the package. Thx in advance!
Ours was mailed to the representative. Your OWP will be mailed to whatever physical address you have on your file.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Actually I am still confused. Please some one help me to clear it out :">

CIC received my application on August 17th.
CIC sent first email to me to inform UCI and Application number on October 4th.
On the same day, I linked my application to my online account on CIC site.
Same day, I uploaded police certificate on MyCIC as CIC's request.

And here is my application status:

I read lots of comments were talking about OWP, but I'm still confused if I already received OWP?

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Actually I am still confused. Please some one help me to clear it out :">

CIC received my application on August 17th.
CIC sent first email to me to inform UCI and Application number on October 4th.
On the same day, I linked my application to my online account on CIC site.
Same day, I uploaded police certificate on MyCIC as CIC's request.

And here is my application status:

I read lots of comments were talking about OWP, but I'm still confused if I already received OWP?
Your OWP is your open work permit. Did you submit an OWP application with your Spousal Sponsorship? If yes, the you can link up your OWP to you CIC account. Follow the same process you did to link your Sponsorship application, but in place of family sponsorship, you will click WOrk Permit > Open work permit.

But If you didn’t send OWP application with your sponsorship application. You may send it in separately.

Reactions: Trinh

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hi, I submitted by PR application with OWP on September 17, they got it on September 20. Around how long should I wait to get a response from them (AOR)? I can only link my application to my online account after I receive the AOR right?

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
I got my work permit exactly after 2 months and 25 days from the date we sent our application
How long did it take to send you the AOR? The OWP permit was fast. I'm hoping my application would be the same. Fingers are crossed!

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi, I submitted by PR application with OWP on September 17, they got it on September 20. Around how long should I wait to get a response from them (AOR)? I can only link my application to my online account after I receive the AOR right?
I think AOR takes between 6 and 8 weeks. Once you have it your application is linkable.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi,

I don´t know if I´m stupid or not, but what does "2nd AOR" means?

I am an April applicant and still haven't heard anything about medical exam :O
Hi!
So 1st AOR is the email i got telling me to link the application
Second AOR is just the email with all of my information laid out.... So it shows my UCI number and Application number.

Reactions: Annjo89

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Your OWP is your open work permit. Did you submit an OWP application with your Spousal Sponsorship? If yes, the you can link up your OWP to you CIC account. Follow the same process you did to link your Sponsorship application, but in place of family sponsorship, you will click WOrk Permit > Open work permit.

But If you didn’t send OWP application with your sponsorship application. You may send it in separately.
Hi there! Thank you so much for your response.

Yes, I did apply OWP at the same time when I sent my application of PR.

But when I received the email from CIC, there is only one UCI and App number => it worked when I linked my app of PR to my online account.
Now I am trying to link my application of work permit to my online account, I use same UCI and app number but it doesn't work.

I started with this step:

If I choose PR, then there is no option for OWP to choose.
But even if I chose Temporay Residence, then Work permit:

And at the end, I chose:

It didn't work! :(

Did I make some mistake some where? :(((

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi!
So 1st AOR is the email i got telling me to link the application
Second AOR is just the email with all of my information laid out.... So it shows my UCI number and Application number.
Hi,

My first email that I got from CIC said all of things that you mentioned:
- Tell me to link the application to online account.
- Give me UCI and application number.

Hic, it seems like the content of the first email is different sometimes...

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
For my case, CIC received my application in August 17th, they sent me the first email to instruct the next step in October 4th. You have to wait for their email, they will give you Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Application Number. After that, you have to sign up your online account on CIC site and use UCI and app number to link your application to your online account.

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
You go to an airport (where you landed in Canada)and ask people for an immigration office or simply go to the helpdesk. They are usually in front of the entrances. There is no circumstances. You just need to convince an officer that you want to stay longer. Simply say that you want to stay longer for another 6 months and your stamp is about to expire. If it's for immigration purposes you can mention that you are in the process of PR application. As long as you give them an honest explanation they will give you another stamp. If you don't like that idea you can always cross the border (if you are close and if you have the American visa) and they will give you a new stamp upon entering Canada.
Hello! I am from an eTA only country. My stamp expires end of October. But I’ve already (re)sent my application for OWP this week. Doesn’t this give me the implied status? Or do I still have to go to the airport and get the necessary stamp? Thank you!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017