Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2017
Med's Request
30-07-17
Med's Done....
31-07-17
Hello everyone, I've applied for PR inland with my Canadian husband. The question is this, if you're being sponsored are you eligible for maternity EI pay? The rules say no government assistance so does maternity paid leave count as government assistance? I also know you have to have been working for a period of time too. Thanks!

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone from 2017 timeline have good news yet? :)

See my timeline below .. But every case is different.. !
I am March 2017 applicant too. Similar timeline as you but my background check says not applicable. Why?

Imajin101

Jul 10, 2017
LANDED..........
10-09-2018
Can someone please how to get the FBI fingerprint testing done for my spouse as per IRCC request.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Can someone please how to get the FBI fingerprint testing done for my spouse as per IRCC request.
From CIC website:

You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file.

There are plenty of places to get your fingerprints done. I used this one: CII Fingerprinting Services Inc.

From my experience it took me about 65 days to get it. Hope that helps...

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
i sent my pcc sch A last june and havent hear anything what should i do. waiting for medical request.ty
Make sure they received your Schedule A and PCC. On your MyCIC account online, on the table, under 'Additional Documents' it should say 'The additional documents you provided have been uploaded' or under Background Check, it should say "We are processing your background check...". If either of those are there, that means they received your documents, in which case you can sit back and wait for the medical request, which comes ~120-140 days after the date they received your application. How did you send your Sched A and PCC, by uploading it online directly to MyCIC? Or by sending via Webform or by mail? If you uploaded it online then they have it for sure.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017

I am March 2017 applicant too. Similar timeline as you but my background check says not applicable. Why?
Hi,
Did you send your Police Certificate and Schedule A? My background check changed to" in progress" a month after CIC received my PCC and Schedule A.

Sigurgeirs10

Oct 6, 2016
Hello everyone, I've applied for PR inland with my Canadian husband. The question is this, if you're being sponsored are you eligible for maternity EI pay? The rules say no government assistance so does maternity paid leave count as government assistance? I also know you have to have been working for a period of time too. Thanks!
As for EI, its not government assistance since the EI were being deducted from your pay check biweekly. Basically, it's your own money not government's. But to eligible for EI, you have to make certain qualifying hours for EI. I believe that you have to have more than 400 or 600 hours to be eligible for Maternity. Since that you applied for inland sponsorship, do you have valid work visa so that you can work to earn 400/600+ hours?

proud_quebecois

Jul 24, 2017
Regarding police clearance i called cic b4 due to i already have my police clearance issued nov 2016. The representative said its not valid anymore even it stated that its valid for a year. It should be not more than 6 months. Hope it help.
6 months if you still stay in that country. If not, it should be after the last day you stayed in that country, and can be a year.

=========
REF: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017

Im march 2017. Meds passed and we do not need additional documents was my last update this weekend