Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Tsawassen, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Hi,
Did you send your Police Certificate and Schedule A? My background check changed to" in progress" a month after CIC received my PCC and Schedule A.
I submitted schedule A and PCC through web form on August 8 and resubmitted again on August 15 online after online application linked. So far, background check still showing not applicable. Did you get other message before the status change?

Anyone have the update on OWP?

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
i sent it by mail and email i also got an email saying that they got my sch A and police clearance last june

Make sure they received your Schedule A and PCC. On your MyCIC account online, on the table, under 'Additional Documents' it should say 'The additional documents you provided have been uploaded' or under Background Check, it should say "We are processing your background check...". If either of those are there, that means they received your documents, in which case you can sit back and wait for the medical request, which comes ~120-140 days after the date they received your application. How did you send your Sched A and PCC, by uploading it online directly to MyCIC? Or by sending via Webform or by mail? If you uploaded it online then they have it for sure.
Make sure they received your Schedule A and PCC. On your MyCIC account online, on the table, under 'Additional Documents' it should say 'The additional documents you provided have been uploaded' or under Background Check, it should say "We are processing your background check...". If either of those are there, that means they received your documents, in which case you can sit back and wait for the medical request, which comes ~120-140 days after the date they received your application. How did you send your Sched A and PCC, by uploading it online directly to MyCIC? Or by sending via Webform or by mail? If you uploaded it online then they have it for sure.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
I submitted schedule A and PCC through web form on August 8 and resubmitted again on August 15 online after online application linked. So far, background check still showing not applicable. Did you get other message before the status change?

Anyone have the update on OWP?
I've done exactly the same thing around similar dates. The only status I have is "the additional documents you provided have been uploaded". Everything else is in the progress but the background check which is " not applicable ".

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
I have a different kind of a question. I'm not really sure if it belongs in this thread. Have any of you guys submitted an open work permit application together with your spousal sponsorship application? I have and unfortunately I get no updates about my open work permit in my profile. When I linked my application it only shows my permanent application process but nothing about the open work permit. Has anyone experienced anything like that ?

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
Hello. No, I didn't get any Police Certificate/fingerprints from Canada. The request letter for the police certificate instructed me to only provide police certificate from countries where I've spent most of my life or more than 6 months continuously. I've never stayed in Canada more than 6 months. So I have only provided a police certificate from my country where I come from. I tried to get a police certificate from Canada just in case but the police station did not want to give me one because I do not own a Canadian government issued document. I've gone to a police station 3 times and each time I got rejected (they didn't not accept my marriage license). So I have submitted only what I had. In the request letter it says if they are going to need other police certificates from other countries they will let you know.
My husband had the same issue - our local RCMP directed us to the Corps of Commissionaires office - if you do end up needing a Canadian police certificate they will do one for you with your fingerprints, passport, and one other piece of government ID from your home country.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
I have a different kind of a question. I'm not really sure if it belongs in this thread. Have any of you guys submitted an open work permit application together with your spousal sponsorship application? I have and unfortunately I get no updates about my open work permit in my profile. When I linked my application it only shows my permanent application process but nothing about the open work permit. Has anyone experienced anything like that ?
Almost everybody here has. The only way you can see updates on the status of your OWP application is if you link it as a separate application to your Mycic account. So try using different combinations there. It worked for me from the second try, but I know some people here have difficulties linking this application. So just keep trying...

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Almost everybody here has. The only way you can see updates on the status of your OWP application is if you link it as a separate application to your Mycic account. So try using different combinations there. It worked for me from the second try, but I know some people here have difficulties linking this application. So just keep trying...
Thank you so much ! I did it :) !

Reactions: Yulia V

Jcwells

Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
Jcwells, our applications have such similar times. I wonder how long it is going to take them to process our police certificates and the schedule A forms. In my request letter it said my deadline for providing those documents was September 1st 2017. Unfortunately nothing has changed since I have submitted my application yet. Hopefully things will move forward soon!

Application sent: June 23rd 2017
Application received: June 26th 2017
AOR received: July 27th 2017
Schedule A requested: July 27th 2017
Schedule A sent and Police Certificate(online): August 12th 2017

Hi yes ohe dates are so close. I'm not sure how long to process schn7 A and background checks... someone said it could take 4 montha if I remember correctly. We uploaded a sch A online and haven't heard a thing. App shows I uploaded it but still says action required. Same for you? My partner is just hoping owp arrives soon.

Jcwells

Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
Hi yes ohe dates are so close. I'm not sure how long to process schn7 A and background checks... someone said it could take 4 montha if I remember correctly. We uploaded a sch A online and haven't heard a thing. App shows I uploaded it but still says action required. Same for you? My partner is just hoping owp arrives soon.
Hate spell check...*our dates*, sch A*

Imajin101

Jul 10, 2017
LANDED..........
10-09-2018
From CIC website:

You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file.

There are plenty of places to get your fingerprints done. I used this one: CII Fingerprinting Services Inc.

From my experience it took me about 65 days to get it. Hope that helps...
Thank-you that was very helpful, is CII Fingerprint a channeler for the FBI as I heard if you go through a channeler you can get the results a lot quicker.

Imajin101

Jul 10, 2017
LANDED..........
10-09-2018
We had to do the FBI check for my husband - Corps of Commissionaire's offices can do this for you (we went to an immigration aide office) - they will all do fingerprints as ink prints (FBI requirement); however, some offices are certified to, and will, submit digitally from there (that's what we went for) - it took 5 business days to get his certificate back (cost $100 which is more than if they submit via paper but much, much faster!).
This is very helpful, we did a bit of a digging around and found out we can go to a police station across the border in the US and send it to a channeler that will process it within one week and mail to a US address. I will look into the route you have given as well for a place in Vancouver. Our timelines are quite similar and we should keep in touch.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Thank-you that was very helpful, is CII Fingerprint a channeler for the FBI as I heard if you go through a channeler you can get the results a lot quicker.
As far as I know, you can use channelers if you are a Canadian or US citizen.

Reactions: Imajin101

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017

Yes it is exactly the same. It shows that requested documents have been uploaded but it does say that the action is required. I've read somewhere that when it has that status it means they are working on it but I'm not entirely sure. For the owp - I've it linked in my profile but it doesn't have any messages or any other information other than everything is in progress. I've checked processing times and it says 16 weeks hopefully it will arrive soon. Yea if I got the owp it would have been so much easier to handle the whole situation and start working. Good luck to us !

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
I am a little confused as what to put down on the form when it asks " Family, Economic, Refugee, or Other" We are applying under "Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada" class. This is not family class right? But in "Other" there is no option of Spouse or common law in Canada. What did you all put down?