+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
I sent my application on August 22 and it was received on August 23, since apparently the AOR is taking more than a month, I also applied for a visitor extension request that's already under review (processing time 108 days) the week after because my visitor status expires on October 2nd. Hopefully there won't be issues with my implied status since I feel that I'm short on time.

Iahbianca

Jun 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have question regarding submition of employment /source of support part b number 5
since my husband is quebec residence I only submit letter from employer. And highlighted quebec residence in checklist. Is my application will be ok.?

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
I sent my application on August 22 and it was received on August 23, since apparently the AOR is taking more than a month, I also applied for a visitor extension request that's already under review (processing time 108 days) the week after because my visitor status expires on October 2nd. Hopefully there won't be issues with my implied status since I feel that I'm short on time.
Hello! Pls keep me posted what happens to you visitor extension request, as I am thinking of doing the same approach. My application for PR/OWP was received in Mississauga on the 8th Aug but I haven't got the AOR yet. My visitor status expires 28 Oct. Thank you!

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
Can someone please how to get the FBI fingerprint testing done for my spouse as per IRCC request.
We had to do the FBI check for my husband - Corps of Commissionaire's offices can do this for you (we went to an immigration aide office) - they will all do fingerprints as ink prints (FBI requirement); however, some offices are certified to, and will, submit digitally from there (that's what we went for) - it took 5 business days to get his certificate back (cost $100 which is more than if they submit via paper but much, much faster!).

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
I sent my application on July 24 and was received on July 26. More than 5 weeks but no AOR yet. Has anyone else received AOR?
Hi Arman! I hope you get your AOR soon. Pls let us know when you get it. I am monitoring the timelines to gauge when should I expect mine (received in Mississaugaon the 8th Aug) thank you!

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
New member - just wanted to say thank you all so much for your input in various threads. I have found these forums to be much more helpful and accurate than the CIC 1-800 number or their website!

Application mailed April 2017 ... rejected June 2017 as incomplete (the person processing stated our marriage certificate was missing; however, it was most definitely there)...repackage the exact same application with a note saying it is most definitely complete...

Inland Spousal (for an American)
App Sent (Canada Post - Lettermail): July 6, 2017
App Received (IRCC Mailroom Text): July 12, 2017
AOR (PA): August 28, 2017
AOR (Spon): August 29, 2017
Sched A & PCC Request: August 29, 2017

Arman Purba Kainth

Jul 26, 2017
Hi Arman! I hope you get your AOR soon. Pls let us know when you get it. I am monitoring the timelines to gauge when should I expect mine (received in Mississaugaon the 8th Aug) thank you!
I have not got yet! My husband called CIC again.They said they are working on July 20 applications and we should get AOR with in this week. I will let you know once I get AOR

Reactions: MariaF

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Jcwells, our applications have such similar times. I wonder how long it is going to take them to process our police certificates and the schedule A forms. In my request letter it said my deadline for providing those documents was September 1st 2017. Unfortunately nothing has changed since I have submitted my application yet. Hopefully things will move forward soon!

Application sent: June 23rd 2017
Application received: June 26th 2017
AOR received: July 27th 2017
Schedule A requested: July 27th 2017
Schedule A sent and Police Certificate(online): August 12th 2017

Arman Purba Kainth

Jul 26, 2017
Jcwells, our applications have such similar times. I wonder how long it is going to take them to process our police certificates and the schedule A forms. In my request letter it said my deadline for providing those documents was September 1st 2017. Unfortunately nothing has changed since I have submitted my application yet. Hopefully things will move forward soon!

Application sent: June 23rd 2017
Application received: June 26th 2017
AOR received: July 27th 2017
Schedule A requested: July 27th 2017
Schedule A sent and Police Certificate(online): August 12th 2017
Hi, While doing your police clearance, You did RCMP fingerprint clearance or Local Police Clearance from Canada

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hi, While doing your police clearance, You did RCMP fingerprint clearance or Local Police Clearance from Canada

Hello. No, I didn't get any Police Certificate/fingerprints from Canada. The request letter for the police certificate instructed me to only provide police certificate from countries where I've spent most of my life or more than 6 months continuously. I've never stayed in Canada more than 6 months. So I have only provided a police certificate from my country where I come from. I tried to get a police certificate from Canada just in case but the police station did not want to give me one because I do not own a Canadian government issued document. I've gone to a police station 3 times and each time I got rejected (they didn't accept my marriage license). So I have submitted only what I had. In the request letter it says if they are going to need other police certificates from other countries they will let you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arman Purba Kainth