+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
are you the PA? I am asking this because in my case, the sponsor has not received any email so far.
we got DM on ecas and AIP but not SA.
I'm the PA. The sponsor got SA in an email a few days after I got AIP on cic and DM letter in my email. If you've got DM on both sides on ECAS, don't worry if you don't get SA or DM letters, some people never receive those, they just get a landing letter. Depending on the offie you'll land, the wait from DM to landing could be from two weeks to over a month. It'd help to follow the timeline of other people who'll be landing at the same office to get an estimate.

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
I'm the PA. The sponsor got SA in an email a few days after I got AIP on cic and DM letter in my email. If you've got DM on both sides on ECAS, don't worry if you don't get SA or DM letters, some people never receive those, they just get a landing letter. Depending on the offie you'll land, the wait from DM to landing could be from two weeks to over a month. It'd help to follow the timeline of other people who'll be landing at the same office to get an estimate.
Thank you so much for the information. and congratulations this journey is almost over for you :D

Reactions: Baharm

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I received API and Sponsor Approval last August.. waiting from Decision and landing . I contacted my MP and everything is ok, It is a matter of time the immigration officer finalizes and sends the info to Edmonton for landing.

What is the status of your application? Was your application transfered to Edmonton Office for further review? otherwise the information about Edmonton timeline does not make sense.

Good Luck
Yes, mine was transferred for that reason. My application is in process with SA only. I am supposed to receive the notes at the end of the week, we will know what really is going on.

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
Has anyone had "your action is required" but no new messages nor directions what is that about?
My cic hasn't been updated at all after passed eligibility and receiving DM (it's still states "in process, reviewing eligibility, etc"). This part doesn't bother me as much as Action Required and I have no idea what that is about o_O My fear is that they need something but since cic hasn't been updated, I haven't received that request yet ?
Hi all, I am following up on this issue: I contacted cic via webform, they got back and said that they updated my profile, but I checked and all is the same..Still "action required" but no new messages...Last update was on Oct 4th when they requested more proof, but since we recived AIP and DM. This is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any clue what is happening? thank you
PS>waiting for landing letter

AshaMc

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Dec 7th applicant. Eligibility passed last month as well as we received AIP. There was a delay due to my child who isn’t being sponsored at the moment. I got my medical in June but I only got hers in oct. had the medical done and submitted last Friday, checked my account this morning and it says “decision made” am I waiting for any other steps or just for an interview date? If waiting on the date how long after DM is it usually sent?

AndersonW

Nov 8, 2018
OK, the day has come, I finally received my Landing Interview email from IRCC Vancouver office this morning, the interview is scheduled on Nov 27.

In my case, ECAS changed to DM on Nov 5, so from DM to landing interview notice I waited 20 days, and the funny thing is I still haven't got my DM email/letter yet.

Hey all,

Vancouver applicant here. So my ECAS changed to DM a couple of days ago (Nov 5th-ish), but haven't received DM letter yet as of today.

The tricky part is that my PGWP is expiring on Nov 20th, same goes to my BCMSP and SIN. Since my application pkg was received by IRCC on Nov 3rd, 2017, I had a high hope for the entire process to complete within the stated process time, but now this optimism starts to bite me in the ass for stretching it too far.

I started my OWP application today, which I probably will never get to use it, but is required for me to stay and work while waiting for the COPR.

My timeline as follows:

Inland Common-Law Partner
Nov 3, 2017 -----------Application received by CIC
Dec 29, 2017 ---------File number received
May 10, 2018 ---------Medical exam requested
Jun 11, 2018 ----------Application processing start
Aug 29, 2018 ---------Police certificate and biometrics requested
Nov 5, 2018 -----------DM

Anxiously crossing my fingers....

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
OK, the day has come, I finally received my Landing Interview email from IRCC Vancouver office this morning, the interview is scheduled on Nov 27.

In my case, ECAS changed to DM on Nov 5, so from DM to landing interview notice I waited 20 days, and the funny thing is I still haven't got my DM email/letter yet.
Is your cic profile updated? Does it show DM?

xHinax

Apr 6, 2018
Canada
I went for my landing interview yesterday November 19th in London, and everything went smooth and easy! Easier than I thought with simply confirming information. I am officially a Permanent Resident now! I am over the moon. I cant wait to get my PR card in the mail so I can travel and see my family again! Its been two years! They said it will take up to 90 days for me to recieve it. Thanks for everyones support!

Also, I can now safely reveal that I was indeed out of status during this whole application. I was honest about it in my application and I kept a low profile, not doing anything wrong and staying put in Canada not traveling. They could care less. So if you are worried about out of status, trust me I have had plenty of anxiety over it and I still got PR.

Anyone still waiting for 2017 applicants, I hope it goes fast for you and is over soon!!! Love you all!

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
I went for my landing interview yesterday November 19th in London, and everything went smooth and easy! Easier than I thought with simply confirming information. I am officially a Permanent Resident now! I am over the moon. I cant wait to get my PR card in the mail so I can travel and see my family again! Its been two years! They said it will take up to 90 days for me to recieve it. Thanks for everyones support!

Also, I can now safely reveal that I was indeed out of status during this whole application. I was honest about it in my application and I kept a low profile, not doing anything wrong and staying put in Canada not traveling. They could care less. So if you are worried about out of status, trust me I have had plenty of anxiety over it and I still got PR.

Anyone still waiting for 2017 applicants, I hope it goes fast for you and is over soon!!! Love you all!
Amén to that and So happy for you!