+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

annita

Mar 28, 2018
Guys if anyone apply for permanent resident travel document, how long does it take?
Just landed three days ago, but I have to go my country now because of my father's death

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
How long does it take to process an inland spousal application with accompanying dependent child outside Canada?

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi everyone, went home from work last night to receive some great news from my husband. At 6:25 p.m. he received an email with AIP and at 6:50 p.m. he received another e-mail confirming permanent resident.

" We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

Everyone, patience is key as his application was received on Feb 24, 2017. Finally, we are wrapping this up. Anxiously awaiting his Etobicoke appointment.....
Waiting since March 2017.. Congratulations!!

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
So when you get your landing appointment right a way email and let them know that you don't have your passport so they order it for you. This is another waiting time it may take 2-3 weeks even if both building(CBSA and IRCC) are in the same block/street it will take that long! VERY STRANGE.
My passport was seized , I've been dealing with CBSA. I was told by IRCC that they requested my passport to CBSA Edmonton ( where I live) last August to finalize my application after that. Still waiting for Decision Made and landing. It looks every case is different. Just want to share my experience.

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Guys if anyone apply for permanent resident travel document, how long does it take?
Just landed three days ago, but I have to go my country now because of my father's death
sorry to hear that, RIP. for travel document you have to apply from out side of Canada. So apply from your home country also you have to apply 6 weeks before you travel back to Canada.
there is another option which can help you. just cross the boarder to states and fly out to your country from states and when you coming back to Canada do the same. make sure bring original Landing letter with you.

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
Oh my god , finally!!! I received my landing appointment letter just now .

Here are my timeline and all things , hope can help a little bit.

Nov 8 ,2017 . received by Mississauga
Jan 1, 2018 . file number
May 12 , 2018 , medical request
May 20,2018 , did medical exam
June 1, 2018, medical pass
Oct 5 , 2018 , SA Sponsor approval from Vancouver office , at the sametime, DM on ECAS on sponsor side
Oct 7, 2018 , phone call from Vancouver ,didn't pick up
Oct 10 , 2018 , they called again , and ask about some our current things , like address , since some misunderstanding about application materials
Oct 10 , 2018 , AIP , right after the calling
Nov 1, 2018 , DM on Ecas on applicant side. Until now, I don't have DM letter
Nov 16, 2018 , landing letter , on Nov 27 at Toronto (Etobicoke) office

At the end, thanks for everyone here. Good luck to all people .
I am November 9th. I am so happy for you. It gives me hope that I might receive something today lol.

dml717

Jun 10, 2018
For those who have landed and are still waiting for their PR card to arrive.. It seem like another offer has been put on the table by Canada Post to hopefully temporary end the strike until Feb 2019.

I hope the postal strike can really end soon so it will allow us to be able to get our card to home and visit family :( #Christmasisnotruinedyet

Reactions: evafromca and Fowl

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
My passport was seized , I've been dealing with CBSA. I was told by IRCC that they requested my passport to CBSA Edmonton ( where I live) last August to finalize my application after that. Still waiting for Decision Made and landing. It looks every case is different. Just want to share my experience.
Same here, dealing with CBSA, in Edmonton as well. My application was due on July 25th. Still waiting, haven't even received AIP. What about you?

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Sorry, just read your profile, forgot we had talked . I did hear that Edmonton office is taking up to a year to finalize the application, and that starts counting the say the application arrives here.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Sorry, just read your profile, forgot we had talked . I did hear that Edmonton office is taking up to a year to finalize the application, and that starts counting the say the application arrives here.
I received API and Sponsor Approval last August.. waiting from Decision and landing . I contacted my MP and everything is ok, It is a matter of time the immigration officer finalizes and sends the info to Edmonton for landing.

What is the status of your application? Was your application transfered to Edmonton Office for further review? otherwise the information about Edmonton timeline does not make sense.

Good Luck