+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
December 12th, 2017 applicant. We received a DM on both sides on Ecas this morning and hours later an e-mail with landing appointment in Calgary on November 29th. So happy to be done with this!
That is lightning speed...Congrats!!! There really is no rhyme or reason on how they operate....LOL. So happy to be done as well!

Reactions: Danish1371

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Hi guys,

I did my landing interview yesterday! I am happy to finally be a PR of Canada. Thank you all so much for your support this past year and good luck to everyone still in process.

I have one question though, my passport expires in January and my CoPR expires on the same date. How do I go about working if I have not received my PR card yet? My employer wants to have my PR of course. They say it can take up to 60 days to get the card... what if it's not in the mail before my CoPR expires? Can I legally work?
Hey landing letter never expired! That expiration date is for your passport. Look again and you will figure it out

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Can he contact the MP before the 12 months mark?
He can but the MP office will just tell you that they cannot do anything as it is within normal processing time. They could check on your behalf in what stage is your application at. Other than that, they cannot take any action if it’s still within 12months.

Reactions: Leogirl22

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Hey your son will be accompanying toCanada?I mean your sponsor is sponsoring you and your son at the same time?Because it is my case I am in Canada since 2014 and my husband is sponsoring me and my daughter she is back home.Got AIP Sept 25 and nothing until now.I applied on November 17th 2017.So frustrating.☹
Hi we are almost in the same boat. I’m here too since 2014 and I applied October 2017. I also got a daughter back home who is also included in the sponsorship application. I got AIP since September 17 and nothing after. It’s really such a tormenting situation when I am almost close yet so far in seeing my daughter again after all these years. Sometimes I kind of question there agenda about family unification. Even our MP agree that in cases such as ours, where children are included and proven that no further hindrance in bringing them here, should be given priority. I am not against any couple who doesn’t have any dependent. I am just speaking about my sentiments. It seems like family unification has just been only limited to husband and wife. Children are being left out. Just too sad

LC2017

Aug 30, 2018
Hi we are almost in the same boat. I’m here too since 2014 and I applied October 2017. I also got a daughter back home who is also included in the sponsorship application. I got AIP since September 17 and nothing after. It’s really such a tormenting situation when I am almost close yet so far in seeing my daughter again after all these years. Sometimes I kind of question there agenda about family unification. Even our MP agree that in cases such as ours, where children are included and proven that no further hindrance in bringing them here, should be given priority. I am not against any couple who doesn’t have any dependent. I am just speaking about my sentiments. It seems like family unification has just been only limited to husband and wife. Children are being left out. Just too sad
Hey this feeling is just horrible.Where is your son?My daughter is in East Africa and her file is in Dar Es Salam I am depressed because of this Almost 5years since the last time I saw her.We are meeting with a case worker from the MP office on Monday I know they don’t help much but I want to try anyways.My passport expires in February and can not renew it unless I fly back home which is a risk to take as you don’t know you will be allowed back.My mother died and could not fly.I am sad all the time,it’s really hard sometimes....

Reactions: AmrJul

LC2017

Aug 30, 2018
I hope you get contacted very soon as it is the middle of November already.This is mental torture and people around you can not get it.Do you have DM on both sides at least?

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Hey this feeling is just horrible.Where is your son?My daughter is in East Africa and her file is in Dar Es Salam I am depressed because of this Almost 5years since the last time I saw her.We are meeting with a case worker from the MP office on Monday I know they don’t help much but I want to try anyways.My passport expires in February and can not renew it unless I fly back home which is a risk to take as you don’t know you will be allowed back.My mother died and could not fly.I am sad all the time,it’s really hard sometimes....
She is in the Philippines. I haven’t seen her that long too. If you are going back home and if your country is not under those visa exempt, make sure you got TRV with you. That would allow you sure entry back here. I already met our MP 2 weeks ago. I ordered notes again too. I will call cic on Monday to check. I wanted to go home too while I’m on the process but there is more worst than the fear of getting denied entry back in Canada (which I think as long as you have the proper documents with you, you are good), it’s seeing your child again after all those years and spending time with her only to leave her again coz you cannot bring her back due to the application not being done yet. I can take the mental and emotional torture but for a child to experience the separation anxiety again, it’s just unforgivable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aob-Dtd

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
I hope you get contacted very soon as it is the middle of November already.This is mental torture and people around you can not get it.Do you have DM on both sides at least?
That’s what they originally said to our MP office that they will wrap it up mid November but it is already mid November. I just got AIP. SA got DM since Sept 18. Yes mental and emotional torture. I guess they will never understand that.

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
That’s what they originally said to our MP office that they will wrap it up mid November but it is already mid November. I just got AIP. SA got DM since Sept 18. Yes mental and emotional torture. I guess they will never understand that.
I am in the same situation,
My son is in the Philippines too. He was included on my application. Application received Dec.22, 2017 Just got AIP and SA Oct.18,2018. Haven't heard anything after that.

Reactions: Yakuza_princess

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
I am in the same situation,
My son is in the Philippines too. He was included on my application. Application received Dec.22, 2017 Just got AIP and SA Oct.18,2018. Haven't heard anything after that.
We got to hold on a bit more and be extra stronger for this application.

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
I’m just wondering if anyone here:
Does cic has requested you employer info about you though mail? I saw in another forum that because their employer failed to answer the info requested in the mail the application was delayed.

At this point I’m thinking about all the possibilities.