07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Reactions: Nando77

Teamako

Jul 16, 2018
Yes, i am september 5 applicant, i passed my medical may 2017 and it didn’t change mycic account status from in progress for a month until july 16 last monday it changed to “we are reviewing your eligibility”,medical passed and processing background check.” In ecas both DM on sponsor application and pr application. We didn’t recieved any letters and emails, no sponsor approval letter too.. hopefully the DM is positive.

Medical passed may 2018, sorry i wrote it wrong.

Teamako

Jul 16, 2018
I had a chance to talk to cic agent regarding the DM in my sponsor application and she said it is approved and sent it thru mail but she didn’t say news about pr application because i am not listed as representative.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Yes. I'm pretty sure they will give you the confirmation of PR right after interview and 3 months later for the insurance. I have heard you can applied now with the DM letter if you don't wanna wait. :)
I think we can get the health card right away in Newfoundland (she was out of status so no health card was always a big worry, hoping we can get one next week after landing).

I know you have to wait 60 days for the PR card so can't travel? You're not allowed to travel on your home country passport then and show customs the COPR document as proof of PR?

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
I think we can get the health card right away in Newfoundland (she was out of status so no health card was always a big worry, hoping we can get one next week after landing).

I know you have to wait 60 days for the PR card so can't travel? You're not allowed to travel on your home country passport then and show customs the COPR document as proof of PR?
Hi there. I’m glad she could have one right away! Things are quick in your province! Hehe

In terms of travelling, what I know is you can go wherever you want. But you have to have the card in order to get inside Canada.
So say you’re going tomorrow, your card arrives in 60 days, you can have someone mail that card to you. And you can take that card to come inside Canada.

Won’t suggest it tho...but I know how you guys feel. I’ve been away from home for far too long...

Reactions: Oldmacwright

XtianM

Oct 5, 2017

Technically you could, because it does not change the fact that you are PR now. The problem is with commercial carriers, like airlines, COPR is not recognized as a visa or travelling document, However, if you previously had a Canadian visa on your passport and is still valid on the day back, you could use the previous visa to get on the plane, and use COPR at any Canadian border. Remember, you have rights to enter and move freely in Canada as a PR.

Reactions: Oldmacwright