+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Mtl’s office has a new project pilot they now gives you the option to go for the landing from the day of the letter until 6 months later when the CoPr expires.

So I went right the next day! I wanted to go the same day but didn’t have the docs with me haha plus you can go any time from the time they open until they close!
Hello, @gabrielasqs

Where did you find this data? I am interested since I am hoping we can get this asap. :) Thanks.

Amy01

Mar 3, 2017
Hi!
I'm Sept 25, 2017.

Our application was transferred to irregular migration BC as the first office and the secondary office Vancouver Immigration.
I haven't received medical request yet and just wondering if someone is in the same situation.

Thank you!

Reactions: Julia2018

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi!
I'm Sept 25, 2017.

Our application was transferred to irregular migration BC as the first office and the secondary office Vancouver Immigration.
I haven't received medical request yet and just wondering if someone is in the same situation.

Thank you!
@jeet07 (I think) got the process transferred to the same office. Did you see this on your GCMS notes?

Also what does it say on your my cic and both sides of ECAS?

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
@jeet07 (I think) got the process transferred to the same office. Did you see this on your GCMS notes?

Also what does it say on your my cic and both sides of ECAS?
Hi my medical so done . And app received on sponsor side and in process on applicant side

Reactions: btis

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi!
I'm Sept 25, 2017.

Thank you!
If I was you I would contact them ASAP to find out what's going on as you definitely should of had the medical request by now (think September applicants were getting them in April).

Reactions: btis

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Thanks! I know once things start moving quick once the file is picked up but didn’t expect it this quick! Means will be landing in just over 11 months! We can go get things like her SIN right after the landing interview?
Yes. I'm pretty sure they will give you the confirmation of PR right after interview and 3 months later for the insurance. I have heard you can applied now with the DM letter if you don't wanna wait. :)

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi!
I'm Sept 25, 2017.

Thank you!
Yes it is strange. Call IRCC .I m 20 september 2017 applicant. I received the request for medical exam on april 11 2018.

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi everyone.
I have a question please.
Can IRCC reject ur application even you are at 10 months of the process ???? with medical passed, background check in process. ..
Thank you.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone.
I have a question please.
Can IRCC reject ur application even you are at 10 months of the process ???? with medical passed, background check in process. ..
Thank you.
Short answer: Yes, they can.

However, there must be reasons for that and in any case, they would give you opportunities to address their concerns by requesting more documents, by calling you for a relationship interview (if they have doubts about your relationship),... Then they would send you a procedural fairness letter saying they plan to refuse your application and tell you why. You would still have the opportunity to address their concerns before they official refuse to grant you PR. You would never be refused without them giving you the opportunity to address their concerns.

Keep in mind also that in the family class sponsorship, the approval rate is >90%. So don't stress with that.