+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
Luck you, got OWP within 2 month.
How In gods name did you get an OWP so quickly??? I live in Quebec. Applied for SS febuary 6th they got it and 21st of February they requested more documents. Is it because I needed to wait for me Quebec CSQ? (Which I recieved april 12th. Im jealous hahaha.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
How In gods name did you get an OWP so quickly??? I live in Quebec. Applied for SS febuary 6th they got it and 21st of February they requested more documents. Is it because I needed to wait for me Quebec CSQ? (Which I recieved april 12th. Im jealous hahaha.
I also live in Québec, the OWP was issued before the CSQ (7 days before)

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone been able to speak to call center agent ? i keep trying but have never been able to get a hold of any person.

any help ?

Raffowl92

Nov 29, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Just wanted to update you guys, they obviously recieved our Schedule A and PCC now and have requested a medical. However there is no message in the online account explaining this process or giving us the # needed to book the medical exam.

This is the 2nd time we have had "technical difficulties" and not received a message or email at all. Also the eCAS system did not even show that a medical had been requested. This is infuriating to say the least.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
UGH!!!! I dont know hwy CIC/IRCC doesnt fix their online portal!!!!

I saw online today that they have requested my medical. BUt no email, no message in my online account. I tried calling them but no luck, they even changed the way you call them
OMG this happened to me today! I checked my CIC account and my status has changed to 'we have requested a medical exam' but i look at the message below and its the message they sent for my Background check... So I'm like well wheres this medical exam message.....
Did you get through to them eventually?

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Good afternoon everyone :)

I uploaded my Schedule A and PCC about May 31st... They weren't due until June 8th. I never sent this by mail just uploaded by the webform.
I haven't seen anything updated in my CIC account yet... Still says 'We need additional documents check messages below.' I know its early as its only the 8th today...
what has been everyones kinda timeline for this after you have sent documents using the webform? Should i just be patient and wait. I'm just super nervous that now its passed the due date they might think i haven't sent these documents in...
Also whats everyone's opinion... should i send in the physical copies of the Schedule A and PCC to them in the mail... or should i just trust they receive it through the webforms?

Thanks everyone!

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
Good afternoon everyone :)

I uploaded my Schedule A and PCC about May 31st... They weren't due until June 8th. I never sent this by mail just uploaded by the webform.
I haven't seen anything updated in my CIC account yet... Still says 'We need additional documents check messages below.' I know its early as its only the 8th today...
what has been everyones kinda timeline for this after you have sent documents using the webform? Should i just be patient and wait. I'm just super nervous that now its passed the due date they might think i haven't sent these documents in...
Also whats everyone's opinion... should i send in the physical copies of the Schedule A and PCC to them in the mail... or should i just trust they receive it through the webforms?

Thanks everyone!
Yeah they got them. Since I live in quebec I had to get a CSQ also. Applied for SS febuary 6th they sent me a letter for sched A, fbi check, and CSQ on the 21st of February. Sent the first 2 and didn't get the CSQ until april 12th. And today I recieved a request for medical. Still not recieved my OWP im calling tomorrow about it. You're in the right time frame dont worry. It's beyond stressful I feel you just hang in there.

Marina93

Dec 2, 2016
Manitoba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
31-01-2018
Hi all, I'm new here.
I've been reading this thread, thanks for sharing!

So does anyone have issues to validate Schedule A?
Some people had problems about the "ongoing"dates and
seems figured it out, and I tried the same way but still can't validate it.
Even other years, it doesn't accept it.

I've sent technical issues form on IRCC and after 10 days not response yet
So I came here for some help.

My timeline has been shared on google doc btw.
Thanks in advance!
Make sure you're using the newest version of the form. I had problems validating mine at first before realizing they had uploaded a new version of the form.

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
Hi everyone, I have submitted my husband's application for PR and also for his OWP. I tracked it via CANADA POST, they received it MAY 5. but I havent heard any from them.. any body else is in the same boat as we are? ALSO, he's visitor is stamped till aug 5, should I apply for his extension now? or do I wait till mid july?

and there's no way I can link the application yet right? till they actually emailed me that they have the application? correct me if I am wrong..

Thank you!

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
Hi everyone, I have submitted my husband's application for PR and also for his OWP. I tracked it via CANADA POST, they received it MAY 5. but I havent heard any from them.. any body else is in the same boat as we are? ALSO, he's visitor is stamped till aug 5, should I apply for his extension now? or do I wait till mid july?

and there's no way I can link the application yet right? till they actually emailed me that they have the application? correct me if I am wrong..

Thank you!
Apply now for extention, they will extend it for 14 months like they did me. and yes it takes a little bit for them to answer back dont worry. Just be honest and have proof on visitor extension (receipts). and just tell the truth.

Reactions: ayien05

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
Apply now for extention, they will extend it for 14 months like they did me. and yes it takes a little bit for them to answer back dont worry.

wow. 14 months? really? keeping my fingers crossed that they would do that to my husband as well so I can go back to work while he's looking after our baby!! I can do it online right??

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
wow. 14 months? really? keeping my fingers crossed that they would do that to my husband as well so I can go back to work while he's looking after our baby!! I can do it online right??
Yes for sure online, My common law girlfriend did that for me. But i`ve been in canada since december 2015 first 6 months i stayed then applied for 6 more months then another 12 but they gave me 14.

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
Yes for sure online, My common law girlfriend did that for me. But i`ve been in canada since december 2015 first 6 months i stayed then applied for 6 more months then another 12 but they gave me 14.
So, u applied for 2 6months? then after that they grant you the 12 months? then 14? or you have to state how long do u want to extend? sorry i might sound stupid lol